3,267 results
All reviews blakes restaurant orchid suite spa facilities executive room lovely hotel the main hotel swimming pool steam room and sauna breakfast was excellent short break good size town centre car park enjoyable stay west cliff third floor restaurant manager
Reviewed 30 May 2018

This was a nightmare of a visit- I was awoken at 12.30am by noise and music from the next room-I called reception and the music stopped. An hour to get to sleep and then at 2.30am it started again!! I again called down to reception and it stopped again-another hour to get back to sleep and the at 5.30am the bin lorry came and emptied the bins again awoken me.
When I challenged the night manager he replied well they did stop the noise completely missing my point of having no sleep. I have written an email to the general manager and he has failed to reply clearly showing how high he rates customer service!! Think very carefully before booking this hotel!!

Room tip: Ask for one without a disco planned and away from the bins not in the lodge
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank andypecover
BW-Connaught, General Manager at Best Western Plus The Connaught Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Thank you for your review Andy, I have tried to call you to discuss this directly and have responded to your email but haven’t heard back from you to date. Once again we apologise that the room next door to you kept you awake with their music until the early hours. Please contact me if you would like do discuss this further.

Simon Hartwell

Executive rooms booked direct with the hotel are guaranteed their own, personal parking space!! Book direct - 01202 298020 - we guarantee the lowest prices and it ensures you get the room and the bath or shower that you want. Our standard rooms average 135 sq ft., balcony rooms now fully air-conditioned, average 155 sq ft, superiors without balconies 175 sq ft,Executives 210 sq.ft and Suites 250 sq ft.

Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights in May 2018. The car park is tight for spaces so reserve one ahead. Nice location and reception areas smart and well decorated. Breakfast good and spa area pleasant and relaxing. Rooms could do with a refurb. Old dark furniture and burgundy walls. Don’t quite match the downstairs decor. Only gripe is when you call the hotel on 044 number the cost per minute is high. Find the local number to ring. Overall good stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review Elaine, I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay overall. We are continually investing in the hotel and will use your comments when scheduling the next room refurbishments. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

This was a pleasant hotel and the restaurant was also very nice. Not far to walk to the main area. Parking is limited. Not far from a laundromat which is handy when travelling. Staff helpful and pleasant.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Btravellor

Thank you for your review Btravellor, I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2018 via mobile

First stayed in August 2017, then in March 2018, first time in the lodge - great room, so big, was like home from home, then the second time in the hotel, room not as big but still great, looked after well, great place to stay, thoroughly enjoyed and recommended.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank afemaleinher30s

Thank you for your review Afemale, I was delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

My wife booked for a last minute break, so noisy it was ridiculous, no the building site next door is not the fault of the hotel but maybe tell us we would be woken up by this on arrival?, before we booked in, the lift is very small, the room and facilities are very dated, to be honest their are far better in Bournemouth, and i would not return.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Stuart B

Thank you for your review Stuart, I was sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy your stay. Most people reviewing our hotel comment highly on the facilities of the hotel, I am sorry that they weren’t to your liking. We are continually investing into the hotel and we will use your comments when scheduling the next phase of room refurbishments.