“Again very good value and staff”

Best Western Hotel Royale
Ranked #17 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
southern africa
“Again very good value and staff”
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I return to this hotel because it is so nice atmosphere with the staff who all are friendly and happy. I find it helps me relax away from home. The menu in restaurant has been changed since I last visited and it was really excellent. The egg Royale and the sea bass I can highly recommend and they gave me a free half bottle wine ! you can't fault their efforts. The room was smaller than before but in a way nicer and warm and perfectly clean. I will keep going there because it is perfect place and really excellent value.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
thehotelroyale, Owner at Best Western Hotel Royale, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
Schlomomeyer66
Thank you very much for the most complimentary review. It is especially rewarding when it comes from a repeat visitor. The staff were all so pleased to be appreciated. Please keep visiting us when you are in Bournemouth.
Wishing you a very happy and healthy 2014

Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (271)
St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

First time staying at this Hotel, I was staying over on business. I spend Monday to Thursday living out of hotels every week all over the country so I consider myself to have a good understanding of hotel qualities. I found the hotel food to be exceptionally good even though the portions were small it was extremely high standard and very well presented. Unfortunately what let it down was the service I received from the restaurant manager, he was not welcoming at all even though it wasn't busy I was never asked how my food was, or was I asked for a desert! There was no atmosphere and did not feel like a friendly restaurant. When I paid for my bill thee was nothing said. Normally at this point you are asked if everything was ok But nothing! Change this and it would be very pleasant.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Mark B
Thank you so much for your kind words about the food at the hotel - the chef was delighted that you enjoyed it. I am sorry that the Restaurant Manager appeared disinterested - I very much appreciate your bringing this to my attention and the matter has now been dealt with.
Wishing you a very happy and healthy 2014

corby
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My wife and I have stayed here three times and we've never been disappointed. Excellent staff-very friendly without familiarity. The food and restaurant are also good and from what I recall the pool is first class. Room 200 we stayed in, no complaints at all.

• Stayed November 2013
thehotelroyale, Owner at Best Western Hotel Royale, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Bertthefish
Thank you so very much for the most complimentary review - it means a great deal to all of the staff here to be appreciated so much. It is especially rewarding when a Top Contributor with 128 reviews published says such nice things about us - thank you!
We hope you will visit us again soon

Devizes
Reviewed 1 December 2013

A family birthday celebration held at the Best Western Hotel Royale in Bournemouth went without a hitch. Excellent food in pleasant surroundings served by happy, helpful staff made for a memorable occasion. Even though a larger function was being held in another part of the hotel, we were made to feel welcome and important. We will be using this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Maxwell P
I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your birthday celebration with us and that all the arrangements were excellent. Thank you for taking the trouble to write the review it means a tremendous ammount to all the staff. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel hopefully in the near future.

Blackwood, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Spent 2 nights at hotel with my husband and 8 year old daughter, hotel very good, staff very welcoming, breakfast delicious, and my daughter loved having the pool all to herself! Visited Christmas market and ice skating rink really lovely family break.
Apart from the noise we experienced on the Friday night from guests in the room beneath ours, until 1am in the morning when I contacted night porter, the noise did become less but did not stop completely until 2am, fortunately my daughter slept through but it left myself and my husband considerably weary for the next days outings!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
SimoenB
Thank you for the most complimentary review and I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel and the attractions in Bournemouth. I am really sorry about the inconsiderate guests - some people can be so selfish and I do apologise for their noise and your subsequent disturbance. I do hope that you will come visit us again and I shall ensure that you are allocated a room away from any potential noisy revellers!

Basingstoke, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 November 2013

It was our first trip away with our 2 young boys and we were slightly worried about how the stay would be.
We were welcomed by Alan Gilmour who looked after us so well for our whole stay and made sure we had everything we needed.
The location was perfect, 2 mins from the beach and a short walk in to town, but the hotel pool and gardens meant we didn't really have to go any where.
The food was great, and the chef was very accommodating to our young son who has lots of allergies, a special thank you to Deili who looked after us at breakfast.
We cant wait to come back again.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank joanne f
Joanne f
What can I say! A huge thank you for such a wonderful review which was really appreciated by all the staff. I can't stress enough how much we value the compliments and how much the staff really appreciate it when happy guests write about their experiences. So sincere thanks from all the team. We look forward to welcoming you back - hopefully soon!