“Clean Friendly Hotel”

Ranked #17 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Norwich, United Kingdom
“Clean Friendly Hotel”
Reviewed 16 December 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 3 nights over the weekend, The welcome was warm, and bedrooms clean but on the small side. Also could do with more sound installation as we could clearly here conversations going on in the next room. Unfortunately the free wifi was non existent in our room (307) and when I mentioned this to the duty manager he just mumbled an apology and suggested we connect down in the bar. I have to say though all the other staff we had dealings with friendly and helpful. Breakfasts were good as was the light meal we had one evening in the bar.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
thehotelroyale, Owner at Best Western Hotel Royale, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
DougieD
Thank you for your kind review. I am so sorry that the wifi was playing up during your visit and that we were unable to rectify it without outside assistance. The glitch has now been rectified and I am grateful to you for bringing this matter to my attention

Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
somerset
Reviewed 16 December 2013

Hi what a great hotel, walking distance to all the lovely shops and walking distance to the beach, very nice lovely walks all so near by. The rooms were spotless the food top notch would not hesitate to go back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Crazy87
Thank you for lovely short and sweet review. Your compliments mean a great deal to all of us and we appreciate you writing however brief to say how much you enjoyed your visit. Thank you!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 December 2013

My husband and I stayed 2 days at this hotel as a birthday surprise.
We were very impressed with the friendly and helpful staff.
There was an excellent choice of menu in the restaurant. Breakfast was buffet style and included a hot menu. All areas were spotlessly clean, well decorated and furnished. Our room was very comfortable and included tea making facilities.
The lovely warm swimming pool was a bonus open until late at night and towels are provided.
This hotel is a pleasant 15 minute scenic coastal walk ( or inland) into town.
Be aware there are steep slopes along the way.
This was an excellent break where we were able to enjoy all the Christmas lights/ decorations and activities in the town.
Hotel car parking is charged at £2 per day. This is donated to a local Children's Hospice which the hotel supports.
Give this hotel a visit . You will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: We stayed in a good sized room with a balcony at the front of the hotel .
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Susankinsella
Thank you so much for the lovely review. I was delighted to read that enjoyed your birthday treat and that all aspects of the hotel met with your unreserved approval. I do hope we shall have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

southern africa
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I return to this hotel because it is so nice atmosphere with the staff who all are friendly and happy. I find it helps me relax away from home. The menu in restaurant has been changed since I last visited and it was really excellent. The egg Royale and the sea bass I can highly recommend and they gave me a free half bottle wine ! you can't fault their efforts. The room was smaller than before but in a way nicer and warm and perfectly clean. I will keep going there because it is perfect place and really excellent value.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Schlomomeyer66
Thank you very much for the most complimentary review. It is especially rewarding when it comes from a repeat visitor. The staff were all so pleased to be appreciated. Please keep visiting us when you are in Bournemouth.
Wishing you a very happy and healthy 2014

St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

First time staying at this Hotel, I was staying over on business. I spend Monday to Thursday living out of hotels every week all over the country so I consider myself to have a good understanding of hotel qualities. I found the hotel food to be exceptionally good even though the portions were small it was extremely high standard and very well presented. Unfortunately what let it down was the service I received from the restaurant manager, he was not welcoming at all even though it wasn't busy I was never asked how my food was, or was I asked for a desert! There was no atmosphere and did not feel like a friendly restaurant. When I paid for my bill thee was nothing said. Normally at this point you are asked if everything was ok But nothing! Change this and it would be very pleasant.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Mark B
Thank you so much for your kind words about the food at the hotel - the chef was delighted that you enjoyed it. I am sorry that the Restaurant Manager appeared disinterested - I very much appreciate your bringing this to my attention and the matter has now been dealt with.
Wishing you a very happy and healthy 2014

corby
Reviewed 2 December 2013

My wife and I have stayed here three times and we've never been disappointed. Excellent staff-very friendly without familiarity. The food and restaurant are also good and from what I recall the pool is first class. Room 200 we stayed in, no complaints at all.

• Stayed November 2013
thehotelroyale, Owner at Best Western Hotel Royale, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Bertthefish
Thank you so very much for the most complimentary review - it means a great deal to all of the staff here to be appreciated so much. It is especially rewarding when a Top Contributor with 128 reviews published says such nice things about us - thank you!
We hope you will visit us again soon

Kind regards