Best Western Hotel Royale
  • Beachfront
The Orchid Hotel(Bournemouth)
  • Breakfast included
1,611 results
All reviewschalet roomsswimming pooltown centrefamily roomgood sizecar parkbunk bedsper daythe cliffthe main hotellounge areabuffet breakfastwater pressurethird floorduty managerrestaurant staffshort break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 January 2014

My husband and I have spent Christmas once again at the Hotel Royale. We were well looked after by all the staff the Christmas Programme was once again excellent the food superb and not forgetting the duty manager Alan and his team who worked so hard along with the chefs who did us proud. We were made to feel welcome from Kay on the reception when we arrived until the time we left and we have booked again for next year. Thank you for making our Christmas.
Ray and Yvonne Burgess

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
thehotelroyale, Owner at Best Western Hotel Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

RayB
Thank you so much for the kind and most complimentary review following your stay with us over Christmas. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that all arrangements were to your satisfaction and the staff looked after you! I do hope we shall pleasure of your company again in the not too distant future
Wishing you all the best for 2014
kind regards

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Although I couldn't find fault with the hotel staff I did find it very tired and dated and did not have a peaceful night's sleep due to creaky floorboards and noise from other guests. The hotel could do with updating and the creaky floorboards replacing! The room temperature was way too high and all in all my night's stay was unfortunately met with a complete lack of sleep!

Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
thehotelroyale, Owner at Best Western Hotel Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 31 December 2013

Racamy
I am so very sorry that you appear to have not enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for your kind words about the staff and I do apologise sincerely for your disturbed night's sleep. I am sure you will appreciate that it is difficult during these periods of milder temperatures to please everyone and I am sorry you found it too hot.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

My wife and myself spent four nights on a B&b basis with dinner on 3 nights.We were made to feel most welcome. I would like to thank all the staff throughout the hotel for making our stay so enjoyable it was a lovely break.Thank you all Mr H J Mitchell

Mr Mitchell
Thank you so much for your most complimentary review. I was so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us over Christmas and that the you found the staff so helpful and friendly. It is most appreciated by all of us to read your kind words.

Reviewed 29 December 2013

My family and I spent two lovely nights at the Royale Hotel. Our hotel room was spacious, clean and attractive. We had a super meal in the restaurant and two good quality breakfasts. Staff were very friendly and helpful. My husband and daughter very much enjoyed the swimming pool and we enjoyed sitting in the well appointed bar and lounge area. Would certainly recommend and stay again!

Fiona B
Thank you for your lovely review. I was delighted that you enjoyed Christmas with us and that you managed to enjoy the pool facility while you were here. It is always a busy time for the team and they all really appreciate your taking the trouble to write a review. Thank you!

Reviewed 29 December 2013

Just spent a betwixt Christmas /New Years break here. Excellent value, clean and well maintained hotel. Very nice breakfast each morning, lovely staff. Asked for a larger room and was offered an annex room which was really good- yes you had to walk across the car park to the main hotel but these rooms were gems, warm, comfortable and quiet. I would stay here again - excellent value for money. Pool was a good size for a hotel. £2 a day parking charge was given to the local hospice- excellent idea and a nice touch other Bournemouth hotels could learn from!

Room Tip: We liked the annex rooms and were offered the key to check them before committing.

Annetravelsinstyle
Thank you for your most complimentary review. I was really delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I really appreciate you taking the time to review us and it always cheers up the staff to read such kind words. Thank you!