“Brilliant”

Best Western Hotel Royale
Ranked #15 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Fantastic hotel staff friendly and very helpful rooms lovely restaurant great would highly recommend. Thank you so much for a great stay would definitely stay again when next in area thank you the Mcconkeys

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank srmmc
thehotelroyale, Owner at Best Western Hotel Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Srmmc
Thank you very much for the short and sweet review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and as importantly that you will return when next in Bournemouth. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here twice. Very clean and comfortable.

Some of the fittings in the rooms are a little old fashioned, but for the most part this hotel is excellent.

The reason for the 5 stars though is the restaurant which is a whole level above what you would expect, and would make a decent restaurant in it's own right. Rarely in a standard 3 star hotel do you get a restaurant as good as this. Genuinely one of the nicest restaurants I have eaten in for ages. The three way duck is magnificent!

Particular mention for the excellent children's menu which has large portions of some really lovely dishes, rather than just sausages and chips. Also the staff were helpful and considerate with things like high chairs and offering to being the children's food out as soon as it was ready so our little one didn't get bored waiting. Thank you!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Matt W
thehotelroyale, Owner at Best Western Hotel Royale, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

190Matt
Thank you so much for the lovely review! The chef was delighted to read your high praise for the cuisine and service in the restaurant. It was also great to see that your children appreciated the little people menu!! Please come and stay with us again.

Reviewed 12 January 2014

Have recently arrived back from a brilliant weekend in Borunemoth staying at this fantastic hotel. To start the rooms were lovely. Nice and clean and with a nice bright look. The hotel is easily located and we had no problems finding it on the trip from Essex. Decided to try a Best Western (never having stayed in one before) and I am really impressed. Used the hotel as a base for my Mothers' treat at a day At Monkey World (45 mins away)

The food was lovely, and was well worth the price (The curry being a highlight) The staff were always attentive, and always willing to have a chat. They make you feel incredibly welcome and are really genuine. My 4 month old boy Noah went down a storm with Alan and co!

I have already spoken to friends and family recommending this hotel. When we come back to Bournemouth its highly likely we'll be staying here!

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask for anything! Very accommodating!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Jaymac88
Thank you for the most complimentary review. It is so appreciated by all the staff and Alan was delighted that he got a special mention - he adored little Noah! I am most grateful to you for taking the time to write about us and recommend us to your friends! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

We have just got home after a night at the hotel royale, and I thought I must do a review straight away from arriving to leaving was perfect in everyway rooms a bit on the small side but very comfy and clean really nice beds.The staff in every department was superb we had dinner in the restaurant and it was very good,we have ate at some of the best places in miami which is well known for its food and the food at this hotel was as good if not better so huge compliments to the chef. I am already looking for a deal so we can return in Feb for my birthday. Thanks to all staff see you soon

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

dereksaunders9
Thank you for the special review! We were all delighted that you enjoyed your stay and the chef was extremely pleased with the great compliments you paid him - thank you! We look forward to welcoming you back for your birthday in February. In the meantime I wish you all the very best for 2014

Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed here a while back. No complaints room was clean and comfortable. Came back after a night out and had a bit of trouble getting in. There was nobody on reception and I was waiting outside for more than ten minutes.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Patriciac780
Thank you for your complimentary review and I am sorry you had to wait to be let in late at night. I have looked into the incident and regrettably the night porter was dealing with a minor emergency at the time, hence his delay. I do hope it didn't spoil your stay.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed for six nights in this wonderful hotel. Situated not far from Bournemouth town centre, in a beautiful tree lined road. On arrival and everyday reception staff were so friendly and helpful. Good sized lounge area, nice and clean. We were given the choice of two family rooms situated inside the hotel. We had our two year old daughter with us, wanted enough room for all her bits and travel cot. Good size rooms and so lovely and warm on our return every evening. The pool was clean and warm, used it every day. Hotel food very nice and good choice especially for our daughter. Breakfasts delicious, also a very good choice of hot food and cereals etc. So don't listen to all those not so good reviews, listen to this one and you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank whirlybozy

whirlybozy
Thank you so much for your kind words and especially your complimentary comments about breakfast!! It is much appreciated and no doubt noted by other prospective visitors! We all really are grateful when you take the time to write such nice things about us all - thank you and please come visit us again.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

This is a handy location with on site parking behind barriers. I stayed in Room 316. At check in I had to ask for the wifi code. The lift door did not close first time and I reported this to reception. After being in the room for 5 minutes I had a courtesy call to check all was OK which is a nice touch. The room is OK but there is some noise from the lift and I should have been made aware of this. As a BW diamond club member staying on a night when the occupancy rate was low it did not seem an obvious choice of room. I also discovered that there is very little room on the desk for working as the TV is permanently attached to the desk. This is not good for a business customer. The lighting in the room was good though. The bathroom cleanliness was very good indeed although one of the rubbers on the toilet seat is missing making it wonky. The radiator is wholly inadequate in its size for the size of room. A good job it was not a cold night! I went for a beer in the bar as I read in the hotel guide in the room that Organic Beer was available however the beer staff did not have a clue what this was. Fortunately there were some bottles of local real ale available that were freezing cold from the fridge. The helpful bar however went to the stock room to get some warm ones. Why anyone thinks that real ale needs to be freezing cold is beyond me? Dinner in the restaurant was excellent (scallops, sea bass and cheeses). It was spoilt by one thing, having a dish of three vegetables and two of them were the same eg cabbage. Poor attention to detail. Breakfast by comparison was a let down with the typical poor quality hot buffet serving poor quality sausages, over cooked eggs and cold baked beans. At check out I noticed that the half bottle of wine I had was charged at £7 which is more than 50% of the original cost of a full bottle. At check out there was also a £2 parking charge added which had not been pointed out to me at check in. While this is for a good charitable cause, I was on company business and my expenses do not cover charity donations. Furthermore I do not want the hassle of asking for things like this to be removed from my bill at check out. So while I had a good stay here there were some points of detail that prevented the stay being better than it could have otherwise have been hence the score is average rather than very good or even excellent.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB
1  Thank Craig F

CraigF
Thank you taking the trouble to write such a detailed review. I have taken on board all your comments and I do very much appreciate all feedback which we take most seriously in our efforts to improve our product and service.