“Great customer service, friendly staff”

Best Western Hotel Royale
Ranked #16 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Hemel Hempstead, United Kingdom
“Great customer service, friendly staff”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We decided to visit Bournemouth this weekend and choose a best western as I always had a good experience from them in europe when traveling for business. When we arrived we were welcomed by friendly staff and noticed that the hotel is bit dated but very clean. After a day at the beach we jumped to the shower but it was broken. The issue was sorted quickly and we were plesently surprised by the level of customer service.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank buczek5
thehotelroyale, Owner at Best Western Hotel Royale, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Bukzek5
Many thanks for the complimentary review and especially for highlighting the great customer service - it means a great deal to all the staff. Please come and visit us again and indeed keep using Best Western hotels - they are the best in the sector!!
Managing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (265)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2014

We had two days at the Royale and it was very good. Good hotel, good and clean rooms, nice pool, very good food and the staff went the extra mile for us, especially Ricardo, the Portuguese manager. He welcomed us so well and in a very professional way. The hotel itself is and old building but has a charming atmosphere and the location is perfect, just a few minutes from town centre and beaches. We will be coming back!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank jabagbag
Jabagbag
Thank you so much for the kind words! Ricardo was delighted with his mention and we all very much appreciate you taking the time to write in. Our greatest compliment is that you will return and we very much look forward to welcoming you back
Michael katzler
United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Mum and I stayed for two night during the May bank holiday and really enjoyed the hotel mainly because the staff were so helpful. When we got there we had lunch and the receptionist came out to find us to check we were happy with the rooms. First time that's ever happened! Mum wanted a heater and the receptionist had it in her room by the time we went up after lunch. Had an enjoyable evening meal in the restaurant, breakfast was good and all clean and tidy. No complaints, would recommend.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank fruitdoctor
Fruitdoctor
It is always so nice to read reviews in the morning especially ones like yours! - thank you so much. I was delighted that you and your mother enjoyed the stay with us and that the greatest compliment if all ……that you will recommend us! Thank you so much and please do come visit us again.
Michael katzler
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

I have stayed here before in Jan 2014 and it was OK so I returned. I experienced the same issue as last time: a discretionary £2 car park charge will be added to the bill as a donation to a local cause. I asked for this to be removed and then end up having a debate about it. Not impressed. I am on company business and do not expect to pay for car parking unless identified at point of booking. I am going to a hotel on business and not a charity event. As I was annoyed I didn't eat here in the restaurant so ultimately the hotel lost out on another £25 of income. Unfortunate. Apart form this the hotel is generally OK but do be aware some things are not up to scratch. The other observations I would make are as follows: - When I go into a hotel bar I do not want to see a TV screen with the volume on loud when a football match is on. If people want to watch football then go to a Sports bar. I go to a hotel bar to have a drink and relax. - The bathroom in room 122 does not have a thermostatic shower valve and I did experience some scorching hot water. It wasn't too bad because the water flow is fairly minimal which is another issue that makes a shower challenging. This is a health and safety risk. Beware. - Breakfast here is OK but as it is a hot buffet style help yourself the fried eggs were cooked hard and cold. The baked beans were also cold. I was here at 7am when they opened up. I did mention the cold baked beans to reception when checking out and received a none caring response. Again not impressed. If you are to offer a hot buffet breakfast then make sure it is hot ie have the correct equipment to keep it hot. I would also note that most other BW hotels offer a fish choice on the breakfast menu: not this one. This maybe a bit picky but it is on the coast. - The desk was "sticky" and I had to clean it and the coffee table was dusty.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Craig F
I am so sorry you were disappointed with your stay and that the £2.00 donation we request for the local children's hospice (Julia's House) for kids with life limiting conditions appears to have really upset you. I am delighted to say that we very very rarely get asked for the £2.00 to be removed and last year we managed to raise about £7,000 for the hospice which we are all very proud of and the the hospice, the children and their parents appreciate this enormously, This obviously spoiled your stay and I apologise.
Sincerely
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We recently spent 3 nights at the hotel Royale as a late Easter break!! myself my wife & 2 kids plus the grandparents...........you can't fault the hotel in all aspects...........the staff on reception were welcoming and helpful & the staff on breakfast couldnt do enough for you!! the bedrooms were clean & functional...........

We have been to this hotel on a number of occassions now & is always our first choice when we make our yearly visit.....

Overall the hotel is excellent!! well done Hotel Royale......

Comments made by the Taylor family, Bromsgrove, Worcs.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Russell T
thehotelroyale, Owner at Best Western Hotel Royale, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Russel T
A huge thank you for that wonderful review....I was delighted to read that the whole family enjoy their Easter stay with us and that all aspects of the stay were to your satisfaction. We all look forward to welcoming you back in the future
With most sincere thanks and kind regards
michael Katzler
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I stayed at the Best Western Royale two weeks ago with a group, including my 13 month old baby. Everything was great. We had a lovely three course meal on the Friday evening and the service staff were incredibly attentive. The food was varied and all delicious. On both evenings my baby ate for free, with there being no fuss to bring a high chair into the lounge area for her to eat. The room was pleasant, with a huge double bed and cot already set up prior to our arrival. It was also handily positioned for a walk to the seafront or into Bournemouth town centre. All in all, an excellent weekend's accommodation

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Weething1975
thehotelroyale, Owner at Best Western Hotel Royale, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Weething1975
Thank you very much for the most complimentary review. I was delighted that enjoyed your stay with us and that your baby was happy too!! Please come and visit us again soon