“Very Comfortable Room and Excellent Service”

Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth West Cliff
Ranked #47 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
England
“Very Comfortable Room and Excellent Service”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

I stayed at The Hallmark Bournemouth and the moment I walked into the hotel I was met by very friendly and professional reception staff. They explained about all the amenities at the hotel as well as local landmarks and places that I might want to visit that evening. After a wander around the surrounding area I cam back for Dinner- this was fantastic and in my opinion outstrips all other hotels of a similar quality in the area.
The Bar & Restaurant staff was very helpful and you were made to feel that nothing was too much trouble.
The Room itself was very smart and the bed was incredibly comfortable. The shower was nice.
Breakfast the following morning was lovely as well. Overall an excellent stay

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Daniel G, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth West Cliff, responded to this review, 11 November 2013
Thank you for the great review, it is fantastic that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to you returning to us soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (375)
  • Polish first
London
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Recently stayed with family at beginning of November 2013 (Age range:mid 20s-50). The staff were very nice, breakfast buffet was great BUT wasn't included in our room price so had to pay £10 extra each.

Free parking is great so close to town, as other hotels have to pay (Royal Bath)

Rooms were nice but generally the hotel needs updating and to be modernised, especially the spa area (reception foyer and restaurant is modern but rest of inside lets it down).

Booked this hotel over the others particularly for the spa and its called "Hallmark Hotel and Spa" but jacuzzi was out of order which we were very disappointed about and the dated corridors by hotel rooms, changing rooms in spa etc. For the price we paid it was reasonably so we couldn't really complain but would not be rushing to book here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Daniel G, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth West Cliff, responded to this review, 8 November 2013
Thank you for the balanced review, I am sorry that the Jacuzzi was not working when you visited and I appreciate you taking the time to give us your constructive feedback.
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

Afternoon tea was good, matched what I have had elsewhere, I have a big appetite and struggled to finish. Not lots of sandwiches but large scones, enough cake. Amount of food more generous than elsewhere. This is tea, not a full meal, so plentiful. Service was good. Bar area pleasant. Spa was nice. Unfortunately Jacuzzi wasnt working, they do seem to be unreliable in many places I have been, so here is not alone. The spa area is let down by an apparent lack of basic maintenance. I think it needs a more regular touch up paint and deep clean than its getting, and gives people a poor impresion, and perhaps if fellow users could wash after coming in off the beach, the bottom of the pool wouldnt be full of sand! Nice, good staff, poor maintenance of decor lets it down and makes it feel grubier than it really is.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your well considered and balanced feedback. We appreciate your thoughts on where we can improve as well as where we exceeded expectations. Hopefully you will be back to see us again very soon.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Me and my friend had afternoon tea, with a groupon deal, we were so disappointed , the man serving behind the bar was so unfriendly , obnoxious . The food was awful, sandwiches were dry and small quantity, and the cakes were stale, never going again. I know it was a groupon deal but, the quality was so bad .

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank Margards
We regret that you did not enjoy your visit, I hope you will contact me directly so that we can discuss your experience further. daniel.graham@hallmarkhotels.co.uk

Travellers are raving about these Bournemouth hotels

Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

stayed one night 2nd November. initial impression was a tired hotel in need of bedroom refurbishment. bedroom was adequate, good TV & free wifi but let down by brown woollen blanket on bed & clingy too short shower curtain. main pool was not the 29 degrees advertised & changing area one of the worst I have been in. But evening meal & breakfast were great in terms of quality & service and helpfulness / friendliness of staff were outstanding.

Stayed November 2013
We are accredited 4 star status by a the AA governing body following a yearly inspection which I am pleased we have just completed and increased our scores. I regret any areas were not to your expectation and we appreciate the positive comments and the helpful thoughts of where we can improve.
Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

I'm so glad we ignored the poor reviews & still decided to try The Hallmark for our recent weekend spa break, it was perfect & we loved every minute....well except maybe our first night when I had a funny turn in the lift & the paramedics had to be called! During that time Rob & John went out of their way to help and were very kind, I really appreciated the calm way Rob handled the situation & we're both VERY grateful to you all (& the poor chap in the room opposite the lift who rang down for help!) after that I took the stairs but i should say it was a problem with me and not the lift!! ;-) After a good nights sleep, I was able to enjoy a fantastic massage & facial, whilst my partner relaxed in the small but lovely spa! Our hotel room was nice & clean, great tea & coffee facilities with the nicest dunking biscuits i've had in a hotel! Everything we ate in the restaurant was all perfect, breakfast was really yummy with loads of choice and every member of staff we saw from the minute we checked in to checking out were really friendly! Oh and although it was a rainy weekend (perfect for hiding away in the spa) it was 10 mins walk to the shops/seafront! I would honestly say take any bad reviews with a pinch of salt and stay at The Hallmark Hotel, We can't wait to come back! :-)

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Daniel G, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth West Cliff, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Thank you for the great review, it is fantastic that you enjoyed your visit and we hope you will be back to see us again very soon.
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

We went back to hallmark after a less than successful stay in dec '12. I'm pleased to say that management have rectified the problems with the hotel that we previously encountered. The hotel was warm, and clean and the staff were faultless. Breakfast was tAsty and hot. Well done hallmark we had a lovely stay. Thank you. Heidi rehman

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Daniel G, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth West Cliff, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you for your great review following your return visit to the Hallmark Bournemouth, thank you for letting us know your enjoyed your second visit and we look forward to seeing you with us again very soon..