“health spa and gym”

Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth West Cliff
Ranked #42 of 67 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I bought a groupon to use the gym and health spa facilities !!! it did not disappoint !!! I am actually having withdrawal symptoms !!! the steam room sauna, and Jacuzzi were amazingly hot !!! I felt detoxified after each workout with a steam session !!! I lost a fair few pounds to !!! I'm actually planning to complain to groupon as that offer should've lasted the whole year !!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Louise A, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth West Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded 16 February 2014

Thank you very much for your kind words, our Spa and Leisure team are working hard this year to strive to exceed our guests expectations. Its nice to be able to pass on your comments to the team, thanking them for their constant hard work. The Groupon offer may have expired, however please don't hesitate to call the hotel spa team, as we do have regular offers and I am sure the team will be able to look after you.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,987)

Reviewed 11 January 2014

A little dated in the corridors, but we have stayed here 3 times in 2013 and enjoyed each visit a great deal. The first time we stayed in June for our 23rd anniversary .. and a bonus to find we could take our beloved dog! He was spoiled as much as we were... Its a shame there aren't more dog friendly hotels. Occasion two and three were just one night stays( without the dog ) where we went just to recuperate and pamper ourselves. Restaurant of good quality, staff friendly, spa lovely, bar and lounge of ample space and a good pub menu on offer.. Breakfast buffet plentiful.
All in all a lovely hotel, upgrade for a larger room, for just £20 extra you get a whole lot more!

Room Tip: Request upgrade for a larger room, for just £20 extra you get a whole lot more!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us in January and from one dog lover to another, it is nice to hear that you appreciate our philosophy to allow pet owners to enjoy a four star hotel experience without leaving a member of the family behind. I look forward to meeting you all in the near future

Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on the 11/01/14 for a spa weekend.
You respect the fact that it's not the Hilton, although generally speaking when you book a spa weekend you expect to use the facilities for more than 20mins.
After a few moments of entering the pool it was clearly evident that the chlorine levels were way too high! and after 20mins I had to leave due to red burning eyes, my partner used the facilities for all of 10 mins as she could no longer handle the stinging and coughing.

We made are concerns to the duty manager on hand and If I may be frank...he was useless
He said maybe are eyes were too sensitive! Really??
Several other people also complained I imagine that they had the same response.
(Really poor customer service)

When you pay for a spa weekend you generally should come away feeling refreshed not in pain.
Nice little hotel in a near perfect location just don't use the acid pool. and if you do log a complaint don't expect your concerns to be noted.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Rob D

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experiences regarding your stay with us January. Having recently taken over the general management of the hotel, I hope that you can appreciate that all feedback both positive and negative is welcome and essential to enable us to continue to improve both our standards and customer service.

I was very concerned to read your comments with regards to the effects encountered during your visit to the spa, this was totally unacceptable as too was the response given to you from my former Duty Manager. The issue regarding the air handling in the spa pool area has been rectified and this we understand attributed to the situation as the pool checks which show chlorine levels were not too high and these records have been confirmed.

Should you wish to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed 11 January 2014

I brought a spa package. I tried to make contact numerous times over a two week period -no one returned my call. Eventually after seaking to a member of staff from the spa, i was given the wrong information. The administratio side is extremely disorganised, the changing room facilities are very run down and the shower smells horrid. Steam room and sauna great but aromatherapy room smells damp and its cold. Overall an absolute disappointment.

• Stayed: January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experiences regarding your spa enquiry and booking. Having recently taken over the general management of the hotel, I am sure you can appreciate that all feedback both positive and negative is welcome and essential to enable us to continue to improve both our standards and customer service.

I am very sorry that the information you received was inaccurate and further training of the new team has taken place to ensure that such issues do not occur in the future. The procedure for the reporting of maintenance issues has also been reviewed and we currently have an ongoing internal refurbishment programme which includes the leisure and spa areas. I am sure you will see an improvement in the facility should you allow us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

In the meantime, should you wish to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Reviewed 9 January 2014

The staff were welcoming and helpful from the minute we walked through the door. Our room was a little small, but clean, comfortable and nicely decorated, with a modern contemporary look. The shower wasn't very good and would have been a little annoying if we had been there for a longer stay.
We ate in the restaurant in the evening, once again the staff were very friendly and efficient. The food was fabulous and very well presented.
The breakfast was lovely with a good selection, unfortunately the demand was not met, leaving a long que of hungry guests waiting for cooked breakfast. The staff were very apologetic and got fresh food out as quickly as they possibly could.
The spa was nice, but unfortunately there was a problem with a boiler so the water in the pool was on the chilly side.
The sea was a pleasant ten minute walk from the hotel, just lovely!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us in January and am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that your dining experience met with your expectations. We are currently reviewing our Breakfast standards and I am sure you will see an improvement on your next visit.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Firstly, I have to state that I have not stayed at this hotel. My Fiancee and I tried to book our wedding here and this is what I am commenting on.

We met the wedding planner at the hotel and were shown around and treated very well on the evening - it was their wedding day open evening. Promises were made, contracts discussed, prices confirmed and the deal was almost sealed.

We left with a very pleasant feeling about the hotel and looked forward to getting married there. Unfortunately, this is where the service stopped. We expected a call back regarding a couple of queries we raised, and had to chase this up. The wedding planner made excuses about an I.T failure.....this would not have affected the ability to telephone us though?

We accepted the apology and again awaited a response. After a further week of silence we escalated the matter to the senior wedding organiser. Two further weeks I insisted to be contacted by a manager to explain the situation. The manager was very apologetic and gave us the answers we requested one full month previously. He offered concessions as a way of a recognition that we had been failed in service and said he would speak to the team and ask them to contact us personally to finalise our wedding arrangements with them.

After a further month of no contact from the wedding planner, organiser or manager we decided to make arrangements with another (and much better) hotel.

I wanted any potential couples to be aware of our bad experience and to factor this in when deciding whether to have their wedding organised by the Hallmark Hotel.

Room Tip: We did not stay over night
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experiences regarding your wedding enquiry/booking. Having recently taken over the general management of the hotel, I am sure you can appreciate that all feedback both positive and negative is welcome and essential to enable us to continue to improve both our standards and customer service. I am very disappointed in the evident lack of service that you received and can assure you that what you experience is not the usual standard of the Hotel and necessary action has been taken to ensure such lapses do not happen in the future. On a personal note, I truly hope that you have a fantastic and memorable wedding day with our best wishes for the future.

Reviewed 5 January 2014

Room was lovely and big for a double, spa facilities (2 pools & a jacuzzi & steam room & sauna etc) were great. Breakfast menu was varied but buffet always was a bit cold - they need better heated service dishes. Staff were friendly and helpful and all in all a good January break.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us in January and I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your break with us and had the opportunity to use the Spa facility. I do hope that we will be welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future however in the meantime I can assure you that the comments you have raised with regards to the plates and breakfast is being addressed and you will see improvements on your next visit.