“I always get my secretary to book me in here when on business...”

Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth West Cliff
Ranked #47 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Rochdale
“I always get my secretary to book me in here when on business...”
Reviewed 24 January 2014

This is just right for me, after usually a long journey I'm greeted by really friendly efficient staff, the rooms are lovely, I especially like room number 10 or room 200 is nice too. Comfy beds, quiet and always made to feel welcome.

Breakfast is catered for very well indeed, proper coffee, great buffet selection and discreet polite staff that go that extra mile. My morning business meeting was cancelled so I decided to work in my room, it was no problem at all to get a 12pm check out, and after breakfast the waitress made me another great coffee (for free) that I took to my room.

The spa is lovely in so much a great place to relax after a busy day.

The staff make this Hotel what it is, an ideal hotel to stay in for the overnight business stay.

Room Tip: Room 10 or 200 both really nice rooms
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Louise A, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth West Cliff, responded to this review, 16 February 2014
It is nice to hear from one of our corporate guests who appreciates the small things that we do that make a big difference to our business traveller. Our staff are our biggest asset and your comments will be shared amongst them as they like to hear the good feedback from our guests. We look forward to seeing you in the future and please do not hesitate to ask for your favourite room on making your next reservation.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (374)
  • Polish first
Somerset, England
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We booked a 1 night spa break via spa breaks.com, paying £85 per person for dinner, bed and breakfast an upgraded room option, full spa access and a 30 minute treatment each.

The staff were friendly and helpful from start to finish. The hotel was clean, well maintained and had a pleasant atmosphere.

We arrived early to get full use out of the spa area, whilst our room wasn't ready they stored our luggage. One little criticism here, staff could have told us we would have robes and slippers in our room which could be used in the spa. We weren't offered them at this stage and it was too late when we discovered them after we had used the spa area. However, it was not a big issue.

We found the spa area to be very pleasant, although changing facilities are on the small side they were clean and well maintained. The spa area had a good staff presence, (cleaning, checking water, etc). Whilst the aromatherapy room was a little cold and unsure if it worked correctly everything else was great. We had a treatment which was lovely and the spa therapists were very pleasant.

As we paid for a room upgrade it was lovely and big, good size bathroom with a bath and separate shower. The shower was nice and hit but not a huge amount of pressure behind it, but it did the job. The only issue with our room was it was stifling hot, we opened the windows and we also had a ceiling fan but still the room was on the warm side. However sometimes there's not a great deal that can be done about this, other than installing air con which is often noisy and not that pleasant in itself. If the room temp is like this all year round would be very unpleasant to sleep in the warm weather. Our room was a little noisy at times, could here the door on the landing shutting and a very noisy party arrived back to the hotel late, but not really much the hotel could do about this.

We had both dinner and breakfast in the restaurant. Dinner was excellent, well presented and staff were attentive. Breakfast was a bit busy but food was replenished quickly and there was a very good selection.

Overall we had a great girlie mini break and would definitely return, especially if we got it on a great offer again. Not quite a 5 out of 5 as I'm being a little picky over some of the criticisms I've highlighted..... But it's not far off.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you very much for all your kind words and your constructive criticism. Its nice to have feedback that we can action and we now ensure our reception team are telling hotel guests, on arrival, of the bathrobes and slippers in the rooms which will prevent any future issues. Your other comments have been discussed at our Heads of Department meeting so that we can strive to eliminate any of the little niggles, so next time we can get a 5 out of 5. Please keep an eye out for future offers, we have some great deals coming up
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 January 2014

I bought a groupon to use the gym and health spa facilities !!! it did not disappoint !!! I am actually having withdrawal symptoms !!! the steam room sauna, and Jacuzzi were amazingly hot !!! I felt detoxified after each workout with a steam session !!! I lost a fair few pounds to !!! I'm actually planning to complain to groupon as that offer should've lasted the whole year !!!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Thank you very much for your kind words, our Spa and Leisure team are working hard this year to strive to exceed our guests expectations. Its nice to be able to pass on your comments to the team, thanking them for their constant hard work. The Groupon offer may have expired, however please don't hesitate to call the hotel spa team, as we do have regular offers and I am sure the team will be able to look after you.
Staines, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2014

A little dated in the corridors, but we have stayed here 3 times in 2013 and enjoyed each visit a great deal. The first time we stayed in June for our 23rd anniversary .. and a bonus to find we could take our beloved dog! He was spoiled as much as we were... Its a shame there aren't more dog friendly hotels. Occasion two and three were just one night stays( without the dog ) where we went just to recuperate and pamper ourselves. Restaurant of good quality, staff friendly, spa lovely, bar and lounge of ample space and a good pub menu on offer.. Breakfast buffet plentiful.
All in all a lovely hotel, upgrade for a larger room, for just £20 extra you get a whole lot more!

Room Tip: Request upgrade for a larger room, for just £20 extra you get a whole lot more!
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us in January and from one dog lover to another, it is nice to hear that you appreciate our philosophy to allow pet owners to enjoy a four star hotel experience without leaving a member of the family behind. I look forward to meeting you all in the near future
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on the 11/01/14 for a spa weekend.
You respect the fact that it's not the Hilton, although generally speaking when you book a spa weekend you expect to use the facilities for more than 20mins.
After a few moments of entering the pool it was clearly evident that the chlorine levels were way too high! and after 20mins I had to leave due to red burning eyes, my partner used the facilities for all of 10 mins as she could no longer handle the stinging and coughing.

We made are concerns to the duty manager on hand and If I may be frank...he was useless
He said maybe are eyes were too sensitive! Really??
Several other people also complained I imagine that they had the same response.
(Really poor customer service)

When you pay for a spa weekend you generally should come away feeling refreshed not in pain.
Nice little hotel in a near perfect location just don't use the acid pool. and if you do log a complaint don't expect your concerns to be noted.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Rob D
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experiences regarding your stay with us January. Having recently taken over the general management of the hotel, I hope that you can appreciate that all feedback both positive and negative is welcome and essential to enable us to continue to improve both our standards and customer service.

I was very concerned to read your comments with regards to the effects encountered during your visit to the spa, this was totally unacceptable as too was the response given to you from my former Duty Manager. The issue regarding the air handling in the spa pool area has been rectified and this we understand attributed to the situation as the pool checks which show chlorine levels were not too high and these records have been confirmed.

Should you wish to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.

Travellers are raving about these Bournemouth hotels

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 January 2014

I brought a spa package. I tried to make contact numerous times over a two week period -no one returned my call. Eventually after seaking to a member of staff from the spa, i was given the wrong information. The administratio side is extremely disorganised, the changing room facilities are very run down and the shower smells horrid. Steam room and sauna great but aromatherapy room smells damp and its cold. Overall an absolute disappointment.

• Stayed January 2014
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your experiences regarding your spa enquiry and booking. Having recently taken over the general management of the hotel, I am sure you can appreciate that all feedback both positive and negative is welcome and essential to enable us to continue to improve both our standards and customer service.

I am very sorry that the information you received was inaccurate and further training of the new team has taken place to ensure that such issues do not occur in the future. The procedure for the reporting of maintenance issues has also been reviewed and we currently have an ongoing internal refurbishment programme which includes the leisure and spa areas. I am sure you will see an improvement in the facility should you allow us the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

In the meantime, should you wish to discuss your experience further, please do not hesitate to contact me at the hotel.
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 January 2014

The staff were welcoming and helpful from the minute we walked through the door. Our room was a little small, but clean, comfortable and nicely decorated, with a modern contemporary look. The shower wasn't very good and would have been a little annoying if we had been there for a longer stay.
We ate in the restaurant in the evening, once again the staff were very friendly and efficient. The food was fabulous and very well presented.
The breakfast was lovely with a good selection, unfortunately the demand was not met, leaving a long que of hungry guests waiting for cooked breakfast. The staff were very apologetic and got fresh food out as quickly as they possibly could.
The spa was nice, but unfortunately there was a problem with a boiler so the water in the pool was on the chilly side.
The sea was a pleasant ten minute walk from the hotel, just lovely!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to comment on your stay with us in January and am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your visit and that your dining experience met with your expectations. We are currently reviewing our Breakfast standards and I am sure you will see an improvement on your next visit.