I and some friends have spent two nights to celebrate a friends up coming wedding in this hotel and it was one thing after another, we aren't the typical hen weekend and were just seeking some time away together to relax and enjoy each others company.
- checking in that should have been simple took ages 20-30 mins (later to find out it was a new member of staff) but still that is lack of training on their behalf.
- lack of direction for parking and minimal spaces once found.
- the rooms were booked as twins but both rooms were double beds
- the rooms were allocated at opposite ends of the hotel (even though we were one group)
- one room was required to have an extra bed which we did have but it had been put in the smaller room???
- the spa treatment that we booked in advance for the bride to be had been cancelled (or lost/not booked) random excuse - no other options or compensation for the pa lava was offered.
- one of the rooms wasn't cleaned after the first night - no clean glasses or towels
- the robes and slippers were supposed to be in the rooms for us we didn't obtain these until we went into the spa (where the member of staff was brilliant and gave us the robes as soon as he got some).
- cold water for a shower so used other room (on opposite side of hotel)
- the icing on the cake was when we came to check out and they asked for payment (we'd paid on check in and told it was full amount) which caused great confusion for both ourselves and the staff.
All in all there were a few members of staff that could do the job but the hotel was a great disappoint that is severely lacking in organisational and conversational skills between staff members.
Think long and hard before going to this hotel it may be not what you expect. After all there is no beach view as may be advertised.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hallmark Hotel West Cliff, Bournemouth is centrally located to the town being only ten minutes walk away, and only ten minutes walk to Durley chine which leads to seven miles of beautiful beaches. The hotel offers 83 rooms with comprehensive meeting and event space for up to 300 people. Leisure facilities include two pools, jacuzzi,steam room, sauna, gym and five beauty treatment rooms. Free high speed WIFI, car parking is available at a charge of £10 per night. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Lastminute, Odigeo, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ Supplier Direct, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth West Cliff reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bournemouth Hallmark Hotel