Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth West Cliff
Marriott Hotels
US$124
US$96
US$90
The Cumberland Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$80
Riviera Hotel & Holiday Apartments(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
Park Central Hotel(Bournemouth)
US$111
  • Beachfront
Ocean Beach Hotel and Spa(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$58
Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$86
US$233
US$98
US$102
PremierInn.com
2,102 results
All reviewsspa breakwest cliffa lovely stayself serviceleisure facilitiesshort breaktown centre

Hello,
I and some friends have spent two nights to celebrate a friends up coming wedding in this hotel and it was one thing after another, we aren't the typical hen weekend and were just seeking some time away together to relax and enjoy each others company.
- checking in that should have been simple took ages 20-30 mins (later to find out it was a new member of staff) but still that is lack of training on their behalf.
- lack of direction for parking and minimal spaces once found.
- the rooms were booked as twins but both rooms were double beds
- the rooms were allocated at opposite ends of the hotel (even though we were one group)
- one room was required to have an extra bed which we did have but it had been put in the smaller room???
- the spa treatment that we booked in advance for the bride to be had been cancelled (or lost/not booked) random excuse - no other options or compensation for the pa lava was offered.
- one of the rooms wasn't cleaned after the first night - no clean glasses or towels
- the robes and slippers were supposed to be in the rooms for us we didn't obtain these until we went into the spa (where the member of staff was brilliant and gave us the robes as soon as he got some).
- cold water for a shower so used other room (on opposite side of hotel)
- the icing on the cake was when we came to check out and they asked for payment (we'd paid on check in and told it was full amount) which caused great confusion for both ourselves and the staff.

All in all there were a few members of staff that could do the job but the hotel was a great disappoint that is severely lacking in organisational and conversational skills between staff members.

Think long and hard before going to this hotel it may be not what you expect. After all there is no beach view as may be advertised.

Room Tip: Probably wouldn't make a difference as the hotel don't always listen to the guests requests.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Claire W
Louise A, General Manager at Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth West Cliff, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your feedback, I am most concerned with the issues that you have raised and would be grateful if you would contact me directly at the hotel on 01202 751000 so that I may be able to investigate fully and come back to you

Reviewed 6 May 2014

Myself and my partner was looking forward to a wine and hotel stay courtesy of a voucher for my birthday. We drove over an hour to get to the hotel and when we got there it looked ok. There was not sufficient signage where the parking was or where the main entrance was, but that didn't deter us as we was weary. When we got to the main reception, we waited 10 mins to be served (even though there was 4 people on reception) We checked in and went to our room, now apparently this hotel is 4* I have no idea how as the lift just fitted myself and my partner with just two 'carry on' suitcases, it was very outdated. When we got to our hotel room, the first appearance looked well, but then looking further into the room we discovered some horrors. We found what seemed to be blood stain on the net curtain, no mattress protector or pillowcase protectors (which in my view is essential to ANY hotel), the mattress was severely stained and the pillows has hairs embedded in them ( when I say hairs I mean ALL types) the pillows were stained too with only the pillow case on them, the throw on the bed looked like a cheap pound land throw and had seen better days. There was a thick layer of dust on the three picture frames above the bed, on top of the TV unit and below the TV also on the stool. The light on the mirror didn't work at all and the toilet roll holder was literally coming off the wall. there was bad cracks in the wall and in the ceiling and what appeared to be damp spots in the ceiling as well as water stains down the wall. Also the little unit where you put your card in for power... you could see the dirt from fingers and the paint has been worn away, there was a burn mark and obvious water damage to one of the bedside tables and I know its petty, but no back on the remote control. In short this hotel room was a disaster. I was so disgusted that my partner and I went to reception and told them we was not staying in this hotel. The hotel manager was not available but i think his second in command didn't seem phased and just said "well, sorry" and that was it. We then went to another hotel to stay the night. To add insult to injury the hotel decided to try and charge is £66 for what we guess is a cancellation fee AND there was no wine in the room to which the voucher stipulated there would be.

I have never walked out of a hotel before, and I've stayed in many. I just could not comprehend the state this hotel was in.

Room Tip: if you want a good room, go to another hotel!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Ally J

Thank you for your review and that of your friends below, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us, as I am sure you can appreciate, feedback both positive and negative is essential for the further improvement of the hotel.

Your comments were passed to the Housekeeping department with regards to the state of the room as all rooms are checked daily to ensure that they are ready for the next guests arrival however it seems that the mattress protector was missed on this ocassion and the nets were immediately removed.

Unfortunately, the damage that is caused by other guests to fixed items such as the bedside cabinet will take a short while longer to replace.

I do hope that your experience did not detract from your stay in Bournemouth.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This hotel is no way a 4 star hotel! It took us 20 minutes to check in due to the Reception staff not knowing what to do. Once we finally got to our room, we stayed for a maximum of 15minutes due to the state of the room. The light in the bathroom didn't work, the loo roll holder came off the wall and the floor tiles had grouting missing resulting in mould growing between the tiles. The bedroom itself was even worse There were blood stains on the curtains, urine stains on the mattress and sheets, and small curly hairs in the bed! There were also cracks and water stains on the ceiling and walls which looked like they had been there a while. We refused to stay at this hotel and checked straight out. To add insult to injury, the reception didn't seem to care and didn't even offer an apology. And to top it off, the hotel had the cheek to charge me a cancellation/no show charge the next day which I am still waiting for the manager to call me back about.

Overall, do not stay here!!

Room Tip: Any other hotel in Bournemouth!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review and that of your friends above, I am sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us, as I am sure you can appreciate, feedback both positive and negative is essential for the further improvement of the hotel.

I do hope that your experience did not detract from your stay in Bournemouth.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

We did a mid week break at the Hallmark last week and found it to be a lovely hotel, Sam the receptionist in the spa was brilliant, as were all the girls with accomadating us and all the treatments were fab! All the staff were very hepful, the hotel was really well presented, breakfast was plentiful, I would really recommend a stay here, great value for money, will be going back again

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank fenchie68

Thank you for your recent review and I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 30 April 2014

My last trip to Bournemouth has been a leisure trip, to recharge my batteries. The Hallmark has been recommended to me by a dear friend, so I booked it and I have to say - no regrets at all!!!
My room was spacious, clean, with the special english touch - exactly the way I like it! The spa area was good, although I didn't take the treatments, it was really relaxing.
The Food in the brassery was to my liking, the wine, on the other hand could have been a little colder. However, all staff were friendly and welcoming and I enjoyed my stay very much.
All in all a pleasant experience and I am happy to have listened to my friend's recommendation - I, for my part, recommend the Hallmark 100%. Thank you!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Excalibaxe

Thank you for your very kind review, your comments with regards to the wine service have been passed on and we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when you are next in the country