“Lovely Hotel with Friendly Staff”

Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth West Cliff
Ranked #44 of 67 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 22 August 2014

I wanted to surprise my mum with a Spa Break for her birthday and this hotel was Perfect. The hotel was clean and tidy, the staff were friendly and the spa was well set out. We stayed for two nights and made full use of the facilities.
Dinner in the restaurant was included as part of our Spa package and was well presented and generous. The waiting staff were lovely and couldn't help us enough. There was also an extensive selection of wine available.
The gym, while small was quite well stocked and had enough machines for me to get a full work out while Mum made good use of the swimming pool. We had lovely massages as part of the package which was a nice treat and very relaxing before a dip in the hot water jacuzzi. The steam rooms were clean and not excessively hot and the aromatherapy room was lovely with little lights in the ceiling.
Our room, while rather warm, was clean and tidy and nicely decorated. The TV came with digital which was adequate for holiday viewing. We had both a bath and a shower and the bathroom was clean and the towels were soft. The bed and pillows were soft and comfy.
While it is true that the lift was not working during our stay, I feel that some of the negative comments do not do the hotel justice and that any minor niggles I could comment on were out weighed by the lovely stay we had at the hotel. This place truly was a gem.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 44, it was quite warm and had loud traffic outside, however the beds were nice and...
1  Thank Becky B A
There are newer reviews for Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth West Cliff

998 - 1,004 of 1,914 reviews

Reviewed 22 August 2014

Had a voucher for a spa day with my daughter...arrived at spa reception to a very fiery phone conversation regarding a colleague handing in her notice,uum that's welcoming.reception area as the first point of contact area certainly missed the point,felt like I was checking into the army not a relaxing sap day.don't want to be miserable as I had a good day with my daughter. But please note in a 4 hour visit there were no robes available ( not delivered ) ,no key for locker so had to go to reception to be escorted by staff with master key,aromatherapy cave had no aromatherapy in it and was cold, one grubby shower in changing rooms with a dribble, 2 hair dryers attached to wall one broken the other not worth bothering with,floors dirty ,air hand dryer not working,tiles missing here and there,too dark in relaxing room to read,only 6 chairs in the relaxing room there were at least 20 people on my visit so obviously not enough chairs.overall a dark,dull spa which needs updating.Tea was lovely served by a very jolly chap with a big smile.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

This was my second visit to the Hotel in Bournemouth and I wanted to treat a friend to some pampering. The staff were extremely helpful in helping me book treatments, for both myself and my friend at the same time and took special care of her as she'd never been to a spa before. I decided to try something new, under advisement from a member of staff called Sam and couldn't have been happier! she was extremely cheery and did her best to accommodate what I wanted. My friend and I had our treatments performed by a girl called Sophie? and she too made us feel at ease. She asked all the questions I would expect and made sure we were comfortable at all times. I'd like to say a special thank you to these two lovely girls, from both of us.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

If I could give it more stars I would. On arrival we felt very welcome and treated really well. Room 5 was well presented and couldn't fault anything. A huge thank you to a certain receptionist called Sam? We will definitely be coming back again soon.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We recently stayed for 1 night on the 8.8.14 for a surprise birthday present for my mum. We had a great room with a king size bed & 2 camp beds for myself, my mum & my kids aged 10 & 6. The room was spacious & clean but unfortunately very hot. We had 1 fan in the room, which made it slightly cooler. I went to reception & the receptionist named Christopher kindly found me another fan for the room.

Christopher was great, I informed him before we went for dinner that my daughters camp bed had collapsed in the middle. He couldn't contact house keeping, so he lugged a new camp bed up 3 sets of stairs, (we were on the 3rd floor & the lift was broken) & he removed the broken camp bed, so when we returned from dinner my daughter could go straight to bed.

We had dinner included in our hotel rate which was a 3 course meal. The food was really great & the staff were even more wonderful, especially Victoria. When she found out it was my mums birthday she put a candle in my mums pudding & sang her 'happy birthday'. Victoria even went out of her way at breakfast to see if we were okay & to wish us a good day. The breakfast was lovely it was made up of a good selection of fruit juices, fruit, cereals, bacon, eggs, mushrooms, tomatoes etc. They even make you omelettes, vegetarian sausages etc to order.

The reception area, restaurant & pool area are all very new looking, the rest of the hotel is slightly older, so expect to see some wear & tear in the corridors etc. The management need to spend some serious money on the swimming pool changing rooms, I walked into them to get changed & walked straight out & got changed in my hotel room. Don't expect great views from the rooms as most over look the road, or back of hotel.

The staff are wonderful and work very hard. Thank you to Victoria & Christopher. I will definitely return to this hotel.

Room Tip: We had an executive room & it was very spacious for 2 adults & 2 children
Reviewed 13 August 2014

More than happy with the hotel except the lift doesn't work so therefore lots of exercise to room at top. Restaurant food was lush, staff were great especially Sam on reception who was extremely professional, always had a pleasant and courteous demeanour but above all was extremely helpful with the many requests about local area, booking taxis (and rescheduling), arranging a remote to be delivered to room within minutes of request, efficient, welcoming with can do attitude, nothing is too much trouble and knowledge of general information. She is a real credit to hallmark and just the image a quality hotel chain should convey. Overall experience 4 out of 5.

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed 12 August 2014

My partner and i stayed for 1 night on 09.08.2014. The room was very small and hot and smelt funny. The bathroom had no door!! which for a lady is not ideal. The pool area (inside) was clean but very very hot, the spa area was also clean and the sauna and steam room were lovely, however the changing rooms where disgusting - overflowing bins - dirty toilet - no toilet roll !! i had a treatment booked for 4pm of which i asked if it could be moved forward, they re-booked this for me to 3.30pm. When i arrived at the treatment rooms they knew nothing of this, then i was not given the treatment I asked for and then was told they didn't have time to do they treatment i wanted even though i was half an hour early. The massage with okay, not good, not bad. The lift did not work and we were on the 3rd floor. There was no kettle in our room yet cups with tea etc... 1 Biscuit for 2 people!!!

The breakfast was lovely and cooked very well - well done to the chef that day.

Good location.

All in all i expect more from a 4* hotel - it is run down and could do with a revamp in all areas (the bar and reception look nice but as soon as you go up the stairs its like a different hotel).

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple