“Hotel trying to be something it isn't!”

Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth West Cliff
Ranked #46 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Luton, United Kingdom
“Hotel trying to be something it isn't!”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

My partner and I stayed here for 5 nights paying over £600! Not worth it at all! So many people complaining! No way is it 4 star! Go elsewhere! When we arrived we were given claustrophobic room 21. Complained and were moved to 58 which was bigger. Shower dangerous and very slippery, poor water pressure. Sink taps orientated incorrectly. Bathroom not cleaned well. Spa facilities desperately in need of refurbishment. Steam room never worked during our stay. Changing rooms dirty, mouldy and shower poor. Changing room near gym equally as poor. Lift still broken and reading previous reviews has been for weeks. I did read some good reviews before we came and decided to make up my own mind. I am convinced for the money we paid there are better hotels in Bournemouth!
It was convenient and breakfast was nice. Pinocchio's Italian nearby is fantastic!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Sjlawrence

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (380)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Oh how I wished we read trip adviser before!! I never write reviews, but I am in such a state of disgust, that I need to share it with anyone attempting to stay here. My boyfriend wanted to surprise me with a spa break. we checked into room 30, which was filthy. The kettle was encrusted with limescale and the bathtub so dirty, we never actually used it for fear of catching something. the window is overlooked by a fire escape with plenty of noise and commotion from an adjoining building, so don't expect to rest in this room. There was mold everywhere in the ladies shower, especially the soap dispenser.The so called Spa, which was supposed to be the main attraction for us, was absolutely disgusting with toe clippings and black mold and the ceiling literally crumbling while you swim below it. There was long black hair in the swimming pool and scum and sand on the bottom of the whirlpool. YUCK YUCK YUCK The maintainance team was in and out of the spa the whole day trying to fix something, so there was no peace to be had. The elevators do not work either. We pointed out that we wanted to use the pool and spa and called ahead to check the opening times. We had been told it was open until 9pm, but really it closes at 7:30. We pointed this out to the manager, but just received a rather catty response. I feel sad thinking that someone is booking this place hoping to relax and escape and pamper themselves. Trust me, you will be bitterly dissapointed.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank katja r

Travellers are raving about these Bournemouth hotels

Reviewed 27 August 2014 via mobile

Well where do I start?? Probably with the call I had on the way to the hotel(sat) to confirm my booking for the next day(sun) when I had previously spoken to someone Friday to confirm booking our spa for Saturday!! As you can imagine I was quite upset as this day had been booked for my hen do months in advance.
When we arrived we were shown down to the spa where the lady on the desk looked horrified that there were 10 of us all expecting treatments we had paid for. Fortunately she managed to fit us all in,,all be it scattered throughout the day. First treatment at 12 afternoon tea at 3 last treatment 4.30.... All of us wanted to hire robes and slippers as we were told we could,, but again none were available!! They did manage, how ever to dry some later in the day(which we didn't pay for)
Disappointing start to the day. How ever I as the hen was refunded 30 for the trouble. Very kind I thought.
As the day went it was lovely. The spa area was clean,, the staff helpful and those who went before afternoon tea enjoyed their treatment.
Some of us wanted to go for a light snack so we did. The bar lady CHLOE was very helpful and friendly. How ever they had run out of a few items that we wanted so had to choose something else to eat. I'm dairy free and they had soya which was good. So enjoyed a cappuccino with some very dry nachos. Which I had and 1 other. Again we had to send them back. But again it was sorted out.
We all arrived at our table by 3pm waiting patiently for afternoon tea. It wasn't served until 3.45!! How ever someone complained as we were expecting a glass of bubbly. We're told it wasn't included. Where as I was told it was to be included. How ever they rectified that problem but didn't include our actual tea or coffee!! The food was amazing though. And being gluten free they catered for me wonderfully. Then it came to the last of the treatments at 4.30.... There were meant to be 3 but 1 was told her treatment wasn't booked in until 5.30 and we had already said at the start we had to be gone by 5.... So that resulted in yet another refund and an unhappy maid of honour. I would like to say overall the day was lovely and the staff were friendly and helpful. Especially CHLOE AND ROSS. Just a shame it wasn't well executed. Would I go back there?? Yes I would but not on such a big scale as 10 of us.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Don't do it! Over priced, dirty, dated, full of mould and mildew in bathroom, grout missing on tiled floor, shower ran hot and cold, dirty hairy brown blanket on bed, dated curtains which were hung incorrectly and didn't close fully! Lift not working.....the list goes on!
Far better hotels around by far!

5 Thank Gazzcoz02
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I stayed here because my usual places were fully booked. My PA booked it (If either of us had seen the reviews first we wouldn't have!) The reviews so far are spot on. I was on the 1st floor so it didn't matter too much that the list wasn't working. I'd been given an Exec room - very large but lacking quality and finish with cracked tiles and no light near the mirror in the room. It looks like a dated hotel thats had a cheap make over. The girls on reception were helpful when we couldn't find my booking (my fault not theirs). parking was very tight. Its not somewhere I would choose to stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Angela K
Reviewed 26 August 2014

We stayed In this hotel a couple of weeks ago for a short break as my daughter wasn't sleeping well and we all deserved it. Hotel looks like a 4star spa hotel on paper but was anything but. I must also add we have stayed in 5 hotels alone this summer holiday and I have never written a bad review in my life. Arrived to find one man on reception with a queue of complaining customers, carpet held together in places with black duck tape and a bucket in the middle if the dining room floor catching the rain water coming thru ceiling. Climbed 3 flights of stairs with our luggage and 6 year old at 8.30pm arrived at our executive suite which we booked. To find a tiny smelly boiling room with a double bed only. Finally staff brought a fold out solid camp bed for our daughter to sleep in (I slept in it) all woke the next day after having pub standard food in the restaurant to be given the room we booked. When we put the key in te door there were already people in there. Wasted the morning sorting a vacant room which we finally got at 3pm. Much bigger room but still a gold out camp bed. Definately not 4 star service. I must say the spa area is very nice and makes
You feel like your in a different 4 star hotel. Very dissapointed and manager never anywhere to be seen. Feel so sorry for the reception staff as they get all the flack. Never seen so many people complaining very misleading. We spent most our time in the greenhouse hotel on duke street that is a 4 star and deserves to be amazing decor, food and staff also the park central hotel amazing crab restaurant and location.

4 Thank Lbil1419
Bath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Great location and the bar area seemed ok but the room we were put in was terrible!!!!! Damp, broken lights, dirty walls, tiny room. Generally awful! I've never walked out of a hotel before but couldn't face staying here!! Within our 5 minutes there we witnessed two other people making complaints too so think this is nothing new!!!

6 Thank Kerchiss