“My Stay”

Heathlands Hotel Bournemouth
Ranked #60 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 6 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Heathlands Hotel I was pleasantly surprized at the service we received from the catering team especially the manager who went out of her way to see that we were happy, thank you to the Chef and all of the catering team for a nice stay.
Teresa from London

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Teresa132014
Write a ReviewReviews (1,075)

Reviewed 1 June 2014

Just got back for a one night stay in the Heathlands Hotel. 2 minute walk form the seafront. it was great value for money 2 adults 2 children in a big family room for £79. room was clean and fresh, great big windows that opened fully, lovely white beding.nice breakfast. staff very friendly and helpful.
on the down side it needs a facelift. but for us it was perfect.

Room Tip: 311- at the top of the hotel overlooking the garden.it was very quiet.
1  Thank jasjam98
Reviewed 30 May 2014

It's a pleasant change not to have to slate a Britannia Hotel, It was 2 years ago when we stayed at Heathlands before and it had a little bit of time and effort spent on it.
Stayed 3 nights and the evening food was quite good for what we had paid on the 2 nights when the head cook was in charge but not so good on the night "the sous chef" was in charge.
The staff were friendly and helpful through out our stay.
A mention has to be made for the barman Beau"gest" for his local knowledge and help.

2  Thank Graham B
Reviewed 30 May 2014

stayed at this hotel over the bank holiday weekend. twin room, ground floor. Place is a little outdated and could do with a refurb but staff I met were friendly and helpful. Room was overall clean and tidy. Breakfast was of good quality and you could go up and help yourself as much as you want. I've stayed In a lot worse places for more money so for me it's a decent place just don't expect too much.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank rob p
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This hotel was awful - desperately in need of a reburb, dirty & staff that didn't know what they were doing.

The windows in the bathroom looked liked they hadn't been cleaned in years and the bathroom light cord was black with dirt. I accidentally dropped something behind the drawers. When I moved them I found all sorts of rubbish and thick layers of dust behind them. The communal areas were smelly and in need to a lick of paint.

Breakfast wasn't great - certainly not worth the £10 we were charged for it. The coffee was appalling. When we went to sit down non of the table hadn't been cleared.

The TV in the room was ancient - not seen one like it for years. The picture was black & white and fuzzy.

You could say you get what you pay for. However, I have stayed at Premier Inns and the like for a similar price and they have been miles better.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank LondonMissD
Reviewed 26 May 2014

I made the booking through Booking.com but didn't get any confirmation from the hotel! I was getting anxious - I even emailed them a few days before and still no reply! Then I read the reviews and was really worried about what lay ahead! Myself and my family couldn't have been more surprised and pleased. We got parked ok out the front! (very small car-park at the front but a larger car-park out the back!). At check-in (note: 3pm or after), we were able to pay on the credit-card the parking fee (£3). I also checked that we had breakfast included (as per a review I read) and it was confirmed. Earlier, I had noticed the lift was out of order. However, at check-in I did ask and it had been fixed. I used the lift to our room (first floor - I use a mobility frame so I couldn't use the stairs!) but even though I booked a family room to sleep 4, it only had 3 beds! I immediately called Reception and the Duty Manager came to add another Z bed (camp bed to us folks!), which we were expecting. The only downside to our room was the TV didn't work (aerial) but the D.M. explained that due to refurbishment work (which is needed!) it wasn't connected (it didn't matter or made a difference to our stay). The room was very clean as was the bathroom. But the carpet needed updating but again, had no impact on our stay. I called Reception for a 'low-down' on the local eating places for families, locally, The receptionist was very knowledgeable and was more than happy to advise me on different places. The location to the seafront was perfect and again, in the opposite direction, it was close to the restaurants/pubs, etc. The breakfast in the morning was 'help yourself': but you had to pour your own tea/coffee (usually you get a pot at other places). Breakfast was as expected and held no real surprises: the service was immediate as members of staff were walking round the room, clearing plates as & when needed! Check-out was painless and smooth! I was happy with the stay and from the reviews I had read, was very surprised. But it wasn't perfect for the money! Nice and comfortable. I didn't notice any children's play area.

Room Tip: I'm not sure there are any rooms with a pleasant view - we didn't have one but we didn't...
1  Thank Victoria E
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Booked the hotel weeks before date. Arrived at agreed time and was checked in. Our room was the size of a single room, and we both couldn't walk round at same time. Items shown as included in room were missing and reception staff confirmed were not available. She quickly informed us we could move to another hotel in the chain, so we ended up with a good sized room, sea view and a good breakfast. Read the reviews, this is a poor hotel, but I found if you complain whilst there the staff try to sort out the problem.

Room Tip: Always complain at the time
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple