“Excellent B&B and Lovely Service!”
Review of Kingsley Hotel

Kingsley Hotel
Ranked #28 of 134 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Stayed for 4 nights at this wonderful B&B while in Bournemouth to take classes. Arrived quite late on a Friday night in the midst of a terrible storm that had delayed our arrival and were welcomed with a smile by the lovely Sue who made us feel welcome and cared for. Rooms were spotless and comfortable and a blessed relief from the turmoil outside. Bed was comfortable, bathroom very clean, breakfast was fruit/cereals/full cooked English and all served beautifully and with a smile. Sue looked after our group to a degree I have not found from a landlady in all my travels and made our stay with her such a pleasure. She was always smiling and cheerful, happy to help us get takeaway to eat in the breakfast room when we couldn't get a table in a restaurant for dinner, and in general made our stay a true pleasure. I cannot recommend her and the Kingsley Hotel more highly - if my travels take me to Bournemouth again, I will not look for another place to stay. This will be my home there from now on!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cakelady1

Reviewed 15 February 2014 via mobile

Greeted by the lovely owner on arrival who carried our bags and was really helpful and friendly.

Room was spacious and had everything we needed, yes a little dated but was clean.

Lots of cereals to choose from at breakfast and fruit too but I must admit I'm all about the full English and although the breakfast was nice and cooked to order it was on the small side and I would have liked hash browns/black pudding/mushrooms etc. Perhaps I'm just greedy though!

It was good value for money though and a great location.

Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank Hcp141
Reviewed 14 February 2014

The Kingsley Hotel, 20 Glen Road, Boscombe, Bournemouth.

A fabulous welcome awaits travellers at this hotel. Nothing seemed too much trouble for the lovely landlady Sue.
The spacious ‘en suite’ family room we were in was spotlessly clean. The bed was firm & comfortable with a choice of pillows. The bedding was modern & fresh. Easy chairs were situated next to the tall windows for enjoying that extra cuppa in your room or while watching that late night film on the TV. Extra heated towel rail & an extra heater was available for those chillier nights & in the wardrobe I spotted a fan for the hotter nights of summer.
There was a fridge for guests use in the breakfast room & a Jukebox glowed in the bar-sitting room. Breakfast was more than could be expected with several choices of fresh fruit, patisseries, cereals, fresh coffee & pots of tea with your Full English breakfast, which was served with a smile.
Off road parking is available immediately outside the hotel. The Boscombe beach & Pier are within walkable distance with a choice of eateries for all budgets. We would recommend the Urban Reef on the seafront for a wide variety of food & for a fabulous curry try the Jidan Taj Premier Indian restaurant. If you have time the Bournemouth Pier & the Oceanarium are well worth the visit.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Moira B
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I stayed here over Christmas on a bed and breakfast basis. Without doubt, Sue offers one of the best choice of breakfast's I have ever seen. The room was fine and Sue is an excellent host. I have no hesitation in recommending the Kingsley in Bournemouth, in my honest opinion it represents superb value for money - hence the five stars.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank CRA_12
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Having already read the reviews I decided to give it a go for a last minute weekend trip to Bournemouth with my daughter. There is some parking out the front but not enough for me to find a space so I had to park quiet far down the road.

We were in room twelve which is on the ground floor next to the front door, it could be noisy as you are right by the main door into the building. The night we stayed apart from the odd person coming in and out we were not disturbed. The room itself is a twin, nicely decorated and the beds are comfortable. It has a separate very small bathroom with shower and toilet, the sink is in the main room. Small tv and a DVD player, a kettle with tea making.

Breakfast was fantastic, plenty of cereals, fruit, yoghurt then a full English breakfast which was cooked to order and lovely. Added a star nexus of the breakfast.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank stupendo_uk
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Such a great place to stay after the thoroughly dispiriting previous night's stay at a Hilton in Croydon. Huge, airy, clean room, easy access, parking, wifi and great value. Splendid breakfast and super landlady. Hope to use again when next down there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Lisa H
Reviewed 3 October 2013

My mum and young daughter have returned for another summer to The Kingsley Hotel. We go back year after year due to Sue's unstinting hospitality, fantastic service and friendly atmosphere.The hotel is clean, comfortable and inviting. The food for breakfast is plentiful and there is a lot of choice. I defy even the most picky of people to go hungry.Nothing is too much trouble.
The location of the hotel is ideal for all ages. It is a few minutes walk from the beach, shops of Boscombe and near enough for a stroll to Bournemouth along the prom.
I have no hesitation in recommending the Kingsley to anyone visiting Dorset.

Room Tip: Lots of rooms that would cater for a family together