The Cumberland Hotel
Marriott Hotels
US$124
US$96
US$90
Riviera Hotel & Holiday Apartments(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$90
Park Central Hotel(Bournemouth)
US$111
  • Beachfront
Ocean Beach Hotel and Spa(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$58
Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$86
  • Pool
The Suncliff Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$75
US$233
US$98
US$102
PremierInn.com
3,776 results
All reviewsart decomirabelle restaurantbrian robbinssea viewsister hotel next dooroutdoor poolpublic areaschristmas partytravelzoo dealsunday lunchthree starthe cliffcar parkcourse dinnernight breakair showshort break
Reviewed 26 January 2012

My husband and I had our Wedding reception here on 25/11/2011. I know it sounds like a cliche to say it was the best day of our lives but in this case it really is true. The hotel looked absolutely beautiful with a mix of our table decorations and the Christmas decorations the hotel had up at the time. It really gave us the 'Winter Wonderland' look we were going for. The customer service was excellent from the start with staff being very attentive and on top of everything without getting in the way of guests. The food was delicious and there was plenty of it! We had chosen to have a traditional Christmas dinner and despite our initial concerns that the quality may suffer due to our large party (96 day guests), as it so often does in hotels, we were clearly worrying unnecessarily. Infact the food was the best I had every tasted at the hotel.

The change over of the room went smoothly despite the Wedding breakfast running over due to lengthy speeches! We were very demanding to the hotel as we had two bands and a DJ in the evening but the staff fitted them in well and the entertainment ran like clockwork. An amazing time was had by all and I have lost count of the amount of people who have told us it was the best wedding they have ever been to. I even have a couple of friends now considering the hotel for their upcoming nuptials!

The honeymoon suite was beautiful with a sea view and balcony (though we didn't get much use of this with it being November!). The only very slight criticism I have is that the bathroom is in need of an update though it was spotlessly clean and did not impede on our overall experience whatsoever. Breakfast the following morning was delicious and just what we needed to cure our 'fuzzy heads'. Checkout was very quick and easy as the staff had already gathered all our belongings ready for us to take home (cake, cards, guest book etc).

All in all the Hotel and staff completely surpassed our expectations. Our booking was made based purely on the decor of the hotel as we find it stunning and knew it would suit our theme and guests tastes perfectly. On the day the warmth, professionalism and 'can't do enough' attitude of the staff made the day 100% perfect. Thank you to Lisa Dowdall and her team for providing us with the most amazing day possible and one we will definitely never forget.

We are now firm fans of the hotel and I'm sure will go on to celebrate many special occasions there in the future. Infact we are already booked in for DBB on 21st Feb for my husbands Birthday and we only live down the road!

Thanks again to the Cumberland and its staff,

Jenny & Joe Hallifax

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Jenny H
KevinWood, Owner at The Cumberland Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2012

Congratulations and thank you so much for recognising the dedication of Lisa and her sales team, and also the cannot do enough culture of all the hotel staff. Look foward to welcoming you again for your Birthday celebrations and once again thank you.

Reviewed 25 January 2012

We went with friends the previous year for the first time and it was brilliant so we thought we'd go again this year.

Hmmm, maybe things are never quite as good the second time around. The hotel was beautifully decorated for New Years Eve and the staff were welcoming. The food was very good indeed but ... just as we were enjoying the conversation, wine and food of the main course, the disco started up. The volume of noise killed the conversation stone dead and we were more or less reduced to smiling at each other. Most of the other diners in our age group (50+), which comprised the majority in the dining room, also seemed to give up speaking or were reduced to shouting at each other.

Shame really and my wife said that we should have booked the early evening session as we would have avoided the disco situation.

I think we'll try some where else next New Years Eve.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank JohnConstable

Thank for for such super comments regarding the New Years Eve gala dinner and party. I really appreciate your feedback. I do hope you return and we do listen to our guests. We are already planning next New Year to have Two live bands and one disco, and all will start after the last desserts are served. Hope to see you back again to our extremely popular NYE Party.

Reviewed 25 January 2012

I was in this hotel during my business trip in UK.
My initial choise was the Suncliff hotel, but due to the refurbishing of the reception, they have rebooked me in Cumberland, being it a part of the group.
Cumberland hotel is front beach, but due to room assigned to me, was impossible to see it.
I asked to have another room but they have asked an extra cost.
Inspite of this inconvenient and generally speaking the hotel is a good choice in Bournemouth.
The hotel has two different saloons close to Ventana bar where you can have a free wireless connection which run very well.
Restaurant is not noisy, elegant, clean and the foods cooked are in an high level, too.
Staff is friendly and pretty
The breakfast is generous from the choices point of view as the quality of the food as well.
Good choice for job, but also good one for family.
The rate of the room has been 39,00 pounds + 10 pounds for the breakfast.
I paid 25,00 pounds for a dinner choosing the daily favourite menu of the restuarant, which means appetizer+ fish with a generous cooked vegetableses.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank BOSS03

Apologies for your relocation to Cumberland during our Suncliff refurbishments. I am howver glad you enjoyed your stay, and the food and service. We are a hotel that suits business guests, families and leisure guests and am so pleased you enjoyed your stay. Come back soon.

Reviewed 24 January 2012

We stayed here in May, all i can say is wow. The public areas are super stylish. Cocktails in the lounge concocted under a huge ball of crystal are a good start to the evening followed by a delish' meal in the restaurant served by attentive staff. Breakfast was huge and very good. We stayed in a balcony room overlooking the swimming pool and the sea. Every thing about the Cumberland was good. Go and see for yourself.

Room Tip: Try to book a balcony room overlooking the sea for space and spectacular views.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank julie b

Thank you for you WOW review, it seems you had a great stay and I hope you return again soon.

Reviewed 24 January 2012

As there have been so many glowing reviews of this hotel I don't want to repeat what has been said before. Suffice it to say that this is a wonderful hotel, splendidly eclectic in style with the friendliest and most helpful staff I have ever encountered at all levels from reception through maintenance. Yes, the rooms can be a little noisy but a word with the front desk will soon smooth out any problems especially if the radiant Rhiannon is on duty -- although all the staff were so friendly and helpful it seems unfair to mention only one. Customer service is the key to what makes this place tick so many congratulations to the management on their training programme (I was in the hospitality business in the US for many years so have some idea of how much hard work is involved in working with employees). Get dressed up as an extra from 'Poirot' and pretend you're Captain Hastings and Miss Lemon for a night while eating at one of the restaurants or dancing the night away! Oh, and pay extra for the sea view suites. They are enormous, superb vistas and worth every penny.

Room Tip: Not 416 or any of those near lift shafts. Ask not to be near any teens or rowdy young people if you like peace an quiet. 405 with its sea views makes for a memorable stay.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank BEN W

What a wondefull review, done with such elequence, thank you very much. It is true that training is done daily with all staff, and yes, it is hard work keeping service levels as friendly and efficient as we do, we know we are not perfect, but try our very best to give all guests the best possible experience.. I lived in the US muself for 10 years, and learnt a lot about customer service, I appreciate you recognising our efforts and come back soon.