The Queens Hotel
Marriott Hotels
US$124
US$96
US$90
The Cumberland Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$80
Riviera Hotel & Holiday Apartments(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$90
Park Central Hotel(Bournemouth)
US$111
  • Beachfront
Ocean Beach Hotel and Spa(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$58
Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$86
US$109
US$98
US$102
PremierInn.com
1,560 results
All reviewsboot campevening mealthe clifftown centrebootcampdiscocoachpier
Reviewed 10 July 2013

We have just spent a very enjoyable and sunny weekend at the Queens Hotel in Bournemouth.
We found all the staff very courteous and helpful, and our room, although a little faded was extemely comfortable and clean.
We used the hotel as a base to explore Bournemouth, and in that context it was in a great location.
It was 1 minute from the beach and pier, so we didnt have to use our car at all!!
We only ate in the restaurant for our breakfast, and I must admit it was delicious and plentiful.
Conclusively, we had a great stay and would definitely return.

Stayed: January 2013
2  Thank knufsaid
JamesGordon, Managing Director at The Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that our staff were couteous and helpful and that you enjoyed your stay at the Queens. Please do return in the future and if you contact our General Manager, Daniel Marsh on 01202 554415 I am sure that he will look after you for a future stay.
Thank you once again.
James Gordon

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We booked this hotel well in advance and got the rooms at half price, for two nights £258, now take into account the rooms are normally £200 per night i expected a decent room. When we arrived the receptionist was friendly however making our way to the room i could see this was a bad mistake, the carpets were stained in the halls and the decor was shabby, Entering our room, the furniture was chipped and old, the carpet once again stained, there was mould around the windows and Bath. The windows were so dirty you could not see out of them. I went to reception and asked to see the manager, i explained i was not happy with the room, and the reason why as listed above. The manager said he would look to see if there were any other rooms available. He showed me three rooms which were equally dirty equally stained and the decor and furniture was shabby, chipped and in need of replacement. I said that i was not happy to move to any of these rooms as they were as bad as the one i had been given, the manager who had only been there two weeks apologised and said he had only been there two weeks and realised it was not good and what could he do to make our stay better, I said i would like a reduction in the price. He said he would check with his manager. i then went back to my room started to unpack and waited for a call. The manager phoned and said his manager had said he would not offer a reduction..... I said as the whole of Bournemouth is full we would have no option but to stay, however i would leave my review on Trip advisor i then thanked that manager for his help and continued to unpack. We then received another phone call asking us to leave the hotel now. That as we were not happy with it and because i was going to leave a bad review i was not welcome here that a full refund would be given and i had to leave the building now. We packed our belongings collected our refund and left. The manager that dealt with our complaint face to face was very apologetic and did try to find us somewhere else, however his Line manager who never even had the decency to speak to us obviously needed training in customer relations. Never again would i stay at this hotel,

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
9  Thank wendy j
DanielMarshGM, General Manager at The Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2013

My colleague liaised with me, and brought your exploits to my attention. Unfortunately, we have had morally reprehensible people before and it is with regret that we may have to encounter them again in the future.

At the time, from the information passed to me by my colleague, you threatened a ‘terrible’ review on Trip Advisor if we did not immediately give you a least a 50% discount (before even staying with us and you wrote it without even staying). Why should we succumb to your bullying and brattish behaviour?

I promise you that I would move (and have moved) heaven and earth for any guest in the Hotel; I would do anything in my power to enhance their experience with us. I am committed to the requests and needs of the Hotel’s customers, but you unfortunately were beyond all realms of reason, and reality.

After your display of ethical impunity, my colleague still endeavoured to help you find a bedroom in an alternative good quality hotel, belonging to a company he was previously employed by; which customer service levels are to his credit.

This a poor, poor show of your character, one which I hope one day you may learn from.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

Four years running a group of us have stayed at this hotel in May to attend a conference at the BIC. Each year the standard and quality of the hotel has gone down hill. It is in serious need of a refurbishment, deco is old, poor and very dated. Rooms in poor condition and need upgrade. Breakfast is ok but service at evening meal could be better. Reception staff rude and generally unhelpful. Asking if your room is ready prior to 2pm is a crime punishable by death for one member of staff.
Green slime was found around edge of pool and this year four of our group went down with severe stomach bugs so much so an ambulance had to be called for one of my colleagues. Once reported hotel did a deep clean but surprise surprise they kept the problem hidden from health and safety despite being obliged to report it.
Oh and members of a golfing party not connected to us and another group attending the same conference were also struck down by this noro virus bug.
This was definitely the last year we will be staying at this hotel. We have already booked to stay elsewhere next year.
This review is entirely genuine and as you can see I am a regular poster on Trip Advisor and do offer fair and reasonable reviews.
Stay here at your peril.

Room Tip: Sleep in car.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank StaffordshireKnot

It is with genuine deep regret that we could not offer you good experience with us. We are here for our customers – this is how we exist. We have had north of 35,000 occupied room nights in the last financial year ending the last day in April, and it is my duty and obligation to ensure every single one is pleasurable.

After reading your previous review, you were never going to give us the opportunity to enjoy your time with us. You had previously declared: ‘We will be using a different hotel next year’, on your last review.

If it was a similar situation, with the example being me travelling on a business trip, knowing I am staying at a Hotel I have heavily criticised and proclaimed I will not go back there again…… I would not go back there again. There are other hotels in Bournemouth where I would stay, even if it cost me a little more.

What I would not do is go somewhere I do not like, and have told everyone I do not like, and think of everything I could possibly that is detrimental, and tell stories of other guests anguish as well.

You have previously stayed at the Carisbrooke Hotel, Bournemouth in 2012 with your family - which you gave a rating of ‘average’. I can’t say with certainty that you liked it, but you were not too disrespectful, which is positive. I cannot understand why you did not stay there this year.

This reminds me of an Aesop fable: The Donkey and His Masters

A Donkey, belonging to an herb-seller who gave him too little food and too much work made a petition to Jupiter to be released from his present service and provided with another master. Jupiter, after warning him that he would repent his request, caused him to be sold to a tile-maker. Shortly afterwards, finding that he had heavier loads to carry and harder work in the brick-field, he petitioned for another change of master. Jupiter, telling him that it would be the last time that he could grant his request, ordained that he be sold to a tanner. The Donkey found that he had fallen into worse hands, and noting his master's occupation, said, groaning: "It would have been better for me to have been either starved by the one, or to have been overworked by the other of my former masters, than to have been bought by my present owner, who will even after I am dead tan my hide, and make me useful to him."

And the moral is: He that finds discontentment in one place is not likely to find happiness in another.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

We stayed last minute. The hotel is a little faded maybe, and the breakfast was luke warm, but this maybe was due to it being full and the time we went for breakfast. the location was good, near to the lift down to the beach, but also to Old Christchurch Road with several eateries for all budgets.
What I really really fail to understand was that on arriving at the hotel we had to pay a higher rate than advertised via the internet. This meant that not only would the hotel be receiving less via the internet, but it would also have to pay the commission to the booking company. No way would they budge although I do have to commend the receptionist Hannah for both her patience and extremely helpful and professional stance.
The swimming pool is small but there is one. The room was acceptable inside but we were lucky to have the use of a balcony which was a definite bonus. The sound proofing may not have been to the best level, but we were located near quite people so had a peaceful night, and in fact extended out stay by a night.
We would return, but using the internet this time!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lesleysm

Thank you for taking the time to write a comment about the Hotel.

Pricing or yield management is quite confusing when there are third party bookers involved, along with their commissions. But, we will always, always offer our best rates through our website.

I am pleased you had a positive experience with us. I have passed your kind words on to the team, and especially Hannah, she is wise beyond her years.

Reviewed 3 July 2013

D x 4 stands for Dated, Dismal, Drab and Dilapidated! We stayed on the same night as reviewer ukgirlkent in June 2013. This is a précis of letter sent to management. Photos of the hotel on it's website and tripadvisor shows images of light modern rooms with tasteful fittings and furnishings, and luxurious bathrooms. Reassured we booked. I'm sure there must be some lovely rooms at Queens, shame we didn't get one. When we entered our room, 216, we were horrified. We thought we'd been put in a disused room by mistake! We would normally have walked straight out again but because we were there with people who had chosen the hotel for us we didn't want to cause any embarrassment and as it was for one night only we decided to tough it out. On our return to our room later we put on the lights which made it all look even worse; in fairness to the hotel we thought we would just make a list of things which needed attention. How I wish I had taken my camera! The first thing we noticed was that 2 single beds had been pushed together to make a double. Fine! However they met in the middle of a brick pier in the middle of the wall which meant that the majority of each bed was about 8 inches away from the wall. 2 single bed heads were fixed to the wall either side of the pier which were not now lined up with the divans. It was impossible to prop up cushions to lean against to read or watch TV because the pillows fell into the gap. One of the pillowcases had not been put on properly and you could see the pillow had a big yellow stain on it. Although the pillow cases were beautifully pressed the bottom sheet was very crumpled. It did look clean though. The valance was stained and hanging down on one corner where there had been an attempt at a repair; a potential trip hazard.The general condition of the room was appalling! Dark old furniture, scruffy and scratched. The wall paper was old and dirty with big black scuffs everywhere, peeling in places. The paintwork was grubby, cracked and chipped. Cracks in the skirting board were filled with ingrained dirt and dust especially around cables at 2 junctions boxes next to the dressing table; a breeding ground for bacteria. The telephone cable had come unclipped from the skirting in places and there was a loop hanging down - a potential trip hazard. Cables were hanging loose from the TV sitting on a wall bracket; again a potential hazard. An electric cable was wrapped around a hot water pipe. There was no pull switch for the shaver light in the bathroom so it couldn't be used. The electric towel rail was very dusty more worrying is the fact that there were exposed cores of flex near the entry terminal of the connection plate which also had one screw hanging out; the cable and plate were absolutely filthy! Hairdryer housed in a drawer, trapping the cable; cable of which crossed the lead to the kettle in a way that could pull the kettle over if hairdryer in use. The sliding door to the bathroom was only fixed at the top -- it swung in and out at the bottom. It had no pelmet, again just doesn't look good. Hot water would not run from bath and sink taps simultaneously - one or the other only. Window needs attention; should have opened from side OR top but ours opened both side and top and hung in a very precarious manner. We closed it again and then suddenly it blew open by itself. Grotty bathmat, filthy portable fan, sweet wrapper on floor beside bed, light fittings dusty. General appearance worse than tired -- stone dead rather! Paintwork dirty, faded, chipped and cracked especially on top of skirting board where there was a build up of ingrained dust from over the years. Pricked finger on nail protruding from coat hanger. If you ask for more than 6 extras tea bags, coffee, milk or sugar during your stay they charge for it. Parking is somewhat limited but you can reserve a parking space for just £5 per night! We didn't stay for breakfast -- didn't fancy it! Only other area we saw was the lift -- that too needed a deep clean. We did ask for a complaints form but the receptionist shrugged and said there's one in your room! Missed at trick there Mr Manager! The reply should have been "is there anything I can help you with madam?" which might have led to resolving the issues without a written complaint. We probably had a "deal" on our room too but we don't think means that you get a sub standard room. The hotel has a duty of care to ALL its guests whether you're in the bridal suite or a standard room. We did not use the spa or dining room so to be fair have reviewed as average.

Room Tip: Find another hotel!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank t100osh

I received your letter, sent after your departure as did the Managing Director of the Company. Also, I have read a couple of other reviews you have spent a lot of time and effort writing. One that caught my attention was about Ross-in-Vale Country House Hotel; a hotel I do not know but I feel I have an affinity with where they unjustifiably faced two barrels of your wrath. In the case of the Ross-in-Vale, they were labelled ‘terrible’ for not allowing guests to check in to the bedrooms before the prescribed check in times. I thought the owner replied well and valiantly in the face of much misconceived, malicious malcontent (my turn at alliteration).

With all sincerity I am upset that you did not enjoy your time with us, and that you did not tell us that you were not happy.

I have read through all your comments above and in your letter and you have attracted a great deal of attention throughout the Hotel, and I am sure you will in future establishments also.

The Head Chef and the Restaurant Manager have expressed their appreciation to me that you were booked in on Room Only.