“This hotel is in need of a refurbishment!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Queens Hotel

The Queens Hotel
Ranked #57 of 68 Hotels in Bournemouth
Poole, England, United Kingdom
“This hotel is in need of a refurbishment!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

Very disappointed with our stay here in December for our office party, the room was very tired and very eighties and in need of a refurbishment, in fact the entire hotel was tired and worn throughout and was really not worth the money spent. The Christmas party we attended was a total rip off but that's another story and possibly not the hotels fault, although if the hotel had been better it could of made our stay more enjoyable. Overall a terrible customer experience and I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Andy W
JamesGordon, Client Relationship Manager at The Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thank you for your review Andy! You are indeed correct! Since your stay in December we have updated many of our rooms, and are continuing to update daily!

If you do stay at the Queens again in the future, please speak with Daniel Marsh, our General Manager, who will ensure you stay in one of our refurbished rooms.

Best wishes
Client Relationship Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Booked the office Christmas party 2013 the theme was James Bond evening. We entered the hotel walking through a crowd of smokers with attitude who seemed reluctant to let us through. Not the best first impression of the hotel. The food was poor we asked the waitress what the soup was, she did not know. It felt like school dinners as the food was being served from the dance floor. When you could finally get served a drink they were expensive, and on returning from dancing two of our drinks had been cleared away, when we complained the bar staff said he would check the kitchen. However the worse was to come when my husband was nearly beaten up by two men in the men's toilets who verbally assaulted him clearly looking for a fight. Fortunately he talked his way out of the situation, he wished he had chosen to use the UNISEX TOILETS! in the reception area instead of finding the men's only toilets . There did not appear to be a manager on duty. The best thing of the evening apart from the company we were in was the disco the DJ was very good. We went the to the Cumberland last year and I think we will be going back there again next year.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank Debbie350
Dear Debbie,

Very sorry to hear that your stay was not what you expected and I can understand that what happened with your husband must have been very upsetting for you.

We regret that the food was not acceptable too and sincerely hope that we can restore your faith in the Queens Hotel. Please contact our General Manager, Daniel Marsh, and he will do what he can to help you.

Best wishes,
Client Relationship Manager

Travellers are raving about these Bournemouth hotels

Cheltenham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 December 2013

Needed a 2 nights hotel stay after going to Bournemouth for a wedding evening family party. I picked the Queens at random and what a good choice it was! Nice and comfy, warm and friendly.
Amy on reception went out of her way to make sure everything was o.k for me. Breakfast was good and a mention about Ricky who did,nt settle for making me just a cup of de caff coffee but insisted on making me a pot so I could have two cups with my full English breakfast. Excellent sevice.Good value for money so I will definitely go back again. J. Nelson.

Room Tip: I had a brilliant room 307
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JamesGordon, Guest Relations Manager at The Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 17 January 2014
Thank you John for your positive feedback. We are very glad you enjoyed your stay with us at the Queens and hope that we will see you again one day.

Guest Relationship Manager
New Milton, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

this hotel is very dated and room was a shambles, wall paper on ceiling all falling down, wall paper peeling, toilet roll holder falling off, radiator turned off at both ends, broken skirting, very noisy room creaking floor boards from every direction, carpet worn and TV poor reception, heard several people with he same comments. seen better hostels than this hotel,
would not revisit ever. breakfast ok. evening food for xmass party very poor. drinks good value. if this room was not part of the company do i would have asked for a total refund.

Room Tip: don't stay in room 311.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
4 Thank Lee J
Thank you for your review Lee, we value all feedback received and take each review very seriously.

The hotel is currently undergoing a lot of refurbishment which I’m sure you will agree will improve the stay for our clients. As you can imagine though, this does take time and can’t all be done at once. We are sorry however, that your stay wasn’t what you expected.

If you do stay again, please speak with our General Manager, Daniel Marsh, who will ensure you stay in one of our refurbished rooms.

Best wishes

Guest Relationship Manager
Dorking, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

I stayed here in November, I booked the room in advance for a Saturday reason being visiting a friend for a messy night out. I payed £50. I decided to take a trip down early so called in on the Friday and they offered a room for £30 which I snapped up.

Any way, obviously I was expecting a cheap no frills room for that sort of money, how ever I was not expecting an unsecured room, when I say unsecured. there was a fire exit and escape route through the room... a break glass to open cover over a knob to open to door... the plastic was broken meaning anybody can poke a finger in twist the plastic and gain entry!

I felt insecure leaving my personal items in the room whilst out as well as sleeping at night, I asked for another room on the Saturday morning to which the lady on the counter replied unhelpfully they're fully booked! Had I known they were putting me in an un secure room I would have chosen another hotel even if the cost was more.

other than this I didn't try the breakfast though I had payed

Parking was quite full the first night i just parked in bays marked for Hotel director (Why not the
customers comes first)

Bar staff were OK, it wasn't busy whilst we were there though they did disappear and we were waiting for 5 minutes for a drink "Should have helped ourselves"

The walls are pretty thin, I had the discomfort of hearing what could only have been a whale bashing its head against a tank for the best part of early morning

If I visit Bournemouth again I'll pay a little more for a better service and accommodation the likes of Premier Inn would have been more suited...

Room Tip: Check they are not putting you in a fire escape room!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank E1Gr3c0
JamesGordon, Managing Director at The Queens Hotel, responded to this review, 10 January 2014
Thank you for your Trip Advisor review. The room you had is secure and this should have been explained to you on arrival. It is only used as a last let room when we are fully booked, that's probably why they dropped the price.
If you choose to return please call our General Manager on 01202 554415 to discuss a future stay.
Many Thanks
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013 via mobile

The Christmas party I attended was a James Bond night and it was a great evening. The food was great I had soup for a starter which tasted very fresh. I ordered the turkey for main and it was a great meal including stuffing, potatoes and a variety of vegetables.
The staff were very nice always made sure we were okay especially the restaurant manager (Svetlana) and the young restaurant supervisor. The way they organised and served such a large amount of people I applaud them for their costumer service. The duty managers were also seen in the room in with I was amazed at as in most places you would not see them serving costumer I'd like to particularly mention the young duty manager Sintija she was so helpful, kind and very hard
Working and the same goes for Daniel Marsh the general manager he was great very friendly.
The over all experience was very good and will definitely go back again as I most definitely enjoyed my night.

Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for your excellent review on Trip Advisor. It is lovely to hear that you had such a great time and the food, service and co-ordination was good.
Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.
Thank you once again.
Legnica, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2013

Returned to the queens hotel last weekend with my wife and sister. Hotel was very busy and arrived at B/fast late but staff still found time to cook my wife and sister a b/fast without any issue .Hotel was clean and comfortable , staff freindly and helpful, location great for the town and cliffs .Great value Hotel , always 1st choice hotel if coming to Bournemouth.

Room Tip: Ask for a recently refurbished room if possible
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your excellent Trip Advisor review. I am glad to hear that you recommend us and that your stay was perfect.
Thank you once again and look forward to welcoming you back.