1,655 results
All reviews boot camp ladies festival evening meal the cliff town centre disco coach pier
Reviewed 12 July 2010

Well arrived after paying 169 per night I was extremely dissapointed, I would have rather paid £59 for premmeir inn

My room had stained all over carpet, no air condition and had dust all over it!!!

As for the swimming pool the changing rooms smelled like a public toilet!!

The hotel needs a full overhaul it's basic smelly and I will not stay here again

DanielMarshGM, General Manager at The Queens Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2016

Reviewed 27 June 2010

The Queens Hotel is located just 100m from the East Cliff in Bournemouth and is handy for shopping and the rail station; an Asda supermarket and the station are about 10 minutes brisk walk away.

The Reception offers excellent disabled access. Staff are friendly, although their English sometimes lets them down; most appear to be from the Baltic republics and a little patience with them goes a long way. They were pro-active (a booking problem was sorted out in seconds) and most helpful.

The room was spacious and well-appointed: three beds, a 32" flat screen TV, drawer space and a built-in wardrobe. The bathroom was clean and tidy and toiletries were provided. The shower worked well and there was a bathtub, which is always A Good Thing. Tea and coffee was supplied in abundance and the kettle was clean. And the in-house telephone worked. There was no air-conditioning, but a large fan was provided.

The bed was comfortable and the quilt was of summer weight, which was a blessing and a boon as the nights were rather warm.

Breakfast was excellent: a good range of foods and juices, teas and coffee were available and the quality was good. Extras such as kippers (always the mark of a good establishment in this reviewer's opinion) and poached eggs were available and of very good quality. Special mention should be made of the dining room staff, who were unfailingly cheerful, especially when addressed in their home languages of Latvian and Portuguese, and made extra efforts to see that all requests were addressed.

The downside to this hotel is the somewhat indifferent level of housekeeping. I was given a triple room and so only ever used one cup when drinking coffee or tea; this was left untouched and not replaced until I had used all three cups, at which point beverages and cups were replaced. The same with the towels. Not quite what is expected of a three-star hotel.

Other gripes: the price of drinks in the bar is prohibitive and why, oh, why is the Wi-Fi access not free? At time of writing the charge was £10 for a week's access; however, in the modern day, and especially for the business traveller, why charge at all?

Overall, however, the Queens is good value for money, but needs to address the small things which would make it stand out from its competition.

Date of stay: June 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Reviewed 10 June 2010

My fiance and I checked into this hotel after deciding to visit the Christmas market. We checked in at about 3pm, the hotel was nice, we stayed in the honeymoon suite which was nice and spacious and had an amazing hot tub type bath. At about 6pm we were getting changed ready to go out for dinner when we had a phone call saying that my fiance's mother had been found dead. We were both in hysterics, packed our bags and ran downstairs to check out and go home. I asked reception to call us a taxi to take us to the station and explained the situation. The staff looked at each other with raised eyebrows when I asked if we needed to pay for the full nights stay having only been there for 3 hours. They looked at each other like we were 2 young people who were trying it on for a freebee, the man chuckled and said "sorry luv you'll av to claim it back on ur travel insurance", he couldn't even be bothered to speak real English to me. Travel insurance? We were in the UK and staying in a hotel simply to save us the long journey home! More fool us I suppose. The staff stood there laughing as we had tears rolling down our eyes, I threw over my credit card and we jumped in the taxi. I later phoned my credit card company, as I knew hotels, flights etc are were insured when paid for on my card. They told me in the first instance I would have to write to the hotel to make a claim. I did. Three times. Each time explaining the situation and enclosing a copy of the previous letter. They didn't even write back. There's nothing particulary bad about this hotel, except the staff, their lack of caring and complete ignore towards people in need. Yes it's cheap and yes it's a good location, by all means go, but maybe just maybe you might want staff who treat people with some decency.

Date of stay: December 2008
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Liz22

Reviewed 9 June 2010

We had another lovely stay at The Queens last month for my 50th birthday celebrations. Many thanks again to Andrew (Dave) Stoddart and the team for making us so welcome again, nothing is too much trouble for him.

I stayed with a group of ten friends this time in six rooms and all were very comfortable. I was lucky enough to have a suite, which was lovely, very spacious and comfortable.

Food was very good again, especially breakfast, which is plentiful and of a very high standard. The dinner was lovely and the champagne was very much appreciated.

The only disappointing thing (although not surprising) was that we couldn’t get any treatments at the spa as they were fully booked. (It was brilliant last time we stayed in November) We know now to book in advance next time.

Thanks to the lovely Masonic friends we made and thanks for inviting us to your quiz and dance – we really enjoyed it !

The staff are great - everyone is so helpful and polite from Bryan the Bar manager to the staff in the Restaurant – they all made us very welcome, which makes it such a great place to stay.

Kind regards to you all and see you again at the end of November with the ‘BA’ crowd.

Susanne

Date of stay: May 2010
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Reviewed 9 June 2010

We enjoyed our stay at this hotel and the food was very good indeed and the staff were very attentive and polite.
Having said that I am in a wheel chair and can only walk a little,the metal ramps into the entrance are dangerous and having used them on arrival I did not dare use them again neither would one other person in a wheelchair. I always ask my tour company to always ask for a stool to be placed in the bathroom and there always is one. this time no stool, my husband went and asked the manager for a stool and he said no because of health and safety I might fall off !! When my husband told him I could only stand for a couple of minutes he shrugged his shoulders, not good public relations. We had to put a bedroom chair in the bathroom and as the room was minute it did create some difficulty.

Date of stay: June 2010