“A Huge Thank You”

Ranked #39 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“A Huge Thank You”
Reviewed 21 September 2011

I had a fabulous birthday celebration at The Cottonwood Boutique Hotel last night. The food was simply spot-on and the staffs attention to detail exceeded all our expectations. I have no hesitation in recommending this venue if you are looking for quality food and service in a fabulous location. Thank you for bringing that something different to Bournemouth!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
lukaszGM, General Manager at The Cottonwood Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 7 October 2011
I would like to thank you for choosing the Cottonwood to celebrate your special day, and am so delighted that it was a success. Our staff often try to go the extra mile for our guests, but maybe they went an extra two miles to help you celebrate in style that evening!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I recieved a Groupon voucher for a night at the Cottonwood Hotel. It was a fantastic location, just a short walk from Bournemouth pier and seafront activities, and also from lots of transport links. The views are great because it is right on the sea edge. In terms of the hotel itself, it is VERY pink! The decorators have really gone to town with the 'pinkness', having said that it is very modern and clean. The room was a good size and again was very modern and clean. The only downside to this hotel I felt, was the restaurant. Although it had looked good on the website I wasnt that impressed with the menu. The bar menu however, was much more varied and tastier.
The staff at this hotel were very helpful, and the two girls running the bar made our stay. Their cocktail making was brilliant. I would definately stay here again if I visited Bournemouth.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
I am so pleased that your stay was enjoyable and that you found our location convenient. The ‘pinkness’ of the bar area is certainly a talking point here at the Cottonwood, although usually for the right reasons! It is a shame that you did not like the menu in the restaurant on the night of your stay, however this is changed daily, so perhaps you would have preferred the selection on a different date. However our bar menu is changed less frequently, so that those who have their firm favourites are contented every time they visit. I do hope you will stay in Bournemouth again, and will contemplate our restaurant on your next visit.
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2011

Hotel staff were very welcoming and friendly to a fault throughout our stay. We bought a groupon voucher and upgraded to a room with a sea view - definitely recommend it! Breakfast was buffet style cold and full english included in price. Very good value for money! Bar had a lovely atmosphere during the day and felt lively, yet homely in the evening. The decor is very chic and boutique - works incredibily well. Hotel is in a great location and beach is walking distance! Room was very big and in keeping with the boutique style. The only fault was the water pressure, which was sadly very weak. Took a bath in the evening which took 30 mins to fill up half way. Shower was only attached at tap height, so needed to be held whilst showering and again, was shockingly weak. Regardless, only in bathroom for small amount of time - this didn't put us off. Would definitely stay again and would recommend others do for a different style and surroundings.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Thank you so much for your all round glowing review. We are very proud of all we have to offer here at the Cottonwood Boutique Hotel and it is very encouraging to hear that our guests are happy with the service we are providing. However we are always striving for more, and appreciate your comments regarding the water pressure. We are addressing this issue as best we can, but I am certainly glad that this did not put you off your trip. We look forward to welcoming you back, along with any others you may recommend.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I would like to say a big thank you to all the staff, they were very polite and very helpful and made our stay a pleasure.
I would and will recommend to anyone who asks about your venue.

Many thanks

The Wyers

Room Tip: sea view rooms
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
lukaszGM, General Manager at The Cottonwood Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 21 September 2011
And I would like to thank you for such a kind comment. I have passed this message on to all the staff here at the Cottonwood, who I feel work so hard that they deserve to hear every bit of thanks and appreciation that they so rightly earn. I also appreciate the recommendations and hopefully look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2011

I recently went to the Cottonwood withtwo friends for afternoon tea so I can't comment on the state of the rooms. What I can say is from the first moment we were all impressed. The entrence hall was beautiful as was the lounge we were in for tea. The surroundings were a lovely deep pink and the furniture and decor were lovely and added to the overall experience. The food itself was lovely we had a round of sandwiches each, with the choice of Ham, Egg, tuna and cheese, along with a fruit scone each with Jam and clotted cream and then a peice of cake and a slice of some kind of pastry/tart. Couldn't tell you what kind of tart but it tasted fab!! We also had a glass of sparkling wine and then a pot of tea. Overall we really enjoyed the experience, sat with a lovely sea view and very tasty food. My review would have got a 5 star except parking was non-exsistent (only a few spaces) and we didn't get a choice of the bread for the sandwiches (although i did get brown which is what i wanted) or a choice of cake as I had fruit cake (which none of us like) and my friends had chocolate cake which we all liked and wanted!! Overall though I would definately return, and plan too!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sam8636
Dear Guest

It makes me very happy to hear you had such a positive experience whilst dining at our hotel. I personally feel that our afternoon tea is a bargain for the quality we offer, and am glad you clearly agree. I am also a fan of the chocolate cake and will take on board your comments regarding choices for the future. We are always evolving here at the Cottonwood, and our deals and offerings evolve with us to suit the needs of our guests and customers alike. I am afraid I will have to disagree with you on one point, and that is the parking. Although we do not by any means have an abundance of parking, we do have an adequate amount of spaces considering the size of the hotel, our location so close to town and the beach, and in comparison to other properties in the area. You are of course welcome to park in either of our sister hotels to the left and the right of the Cottonwood, which I hope will encourage you to come back to enjoy another afternoon tea shortly!

Southern Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 September 2011

Good Location, Good Breakfast, Nice Staff, Free Car Park, Close to town and beach

Poor Bedrooms let it down - uncomfortable bed (myside was sunken), very small rooms, old style tv with no reception

Room Tip: Not room 15 - very small
Dear Guest

I would like to thank you for all the positive comments you have made about our hotel. I can only apologise about the trouble you experienced with your bed, however I would urge you in future to bring these issues to light during your stay. We would have gone to great lengths to provide you with a different room had we been aware of the problem. As you may have seen, other comments have been made about how comfortable our beds are; therefore I would hope this would have negated the situation. The television reception is something we are currently addressing, and are installing new flat screen TVs that have built in free view. Thank you again for your fair and useful feedback and I hope that your positive experience leads you to our door again.

Bracknell, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 September 2011

My husband and I recently stayed at the Cottonwood for one night through the Groupon offer. We declined to pay an extra £20 for a sea view and, in return, we had what must be the smallest double bedroom we have ever stayed in - room 12! The rather large television, (that's large as in deep, not wide!), really didn't help - only just room to squeeze past it to get round the bottom of the bed. The bathroom, although also small, was okay, but the shower was rather pathetic. (The hotel apparently has issues with water pressure!). However, we did enjoy our stay, and the staff we encountered were all very friendly and helpful. The room was very clean, and the decor throughout the hotel is lovely. (Just don't take a cat to swing if you're staying in room 12!!).

Dear Guest

I belive that the fact you enjoyed your stay overall is a testament to what a hotel can achieve despite its shortcomings. As an old building, room sizes and shapes can vary. We advertise ourselves as a boutique hotel, meaning what is lacking in conformity to strict rules and regulations on room size etc is in my view more than made up for in quirkiness and individuality. However I appreciate your feedback and agree that by providing a new TV in the room may mediate the issue. We are currently in the process of replacing any remaining old TV sets in the hotel with brand new flat screen TVs and hope to complete this replacement shortly, Water pressure is something that we do try to warn our guests about, as it is an unpredictable problem. However we are currently doing everything in our power to rectify this issue. I would like to thank you for the positive comments you have made regarding our staff and the cleanliness and décor of the hotel, and hope to see you again in the future.