“Lovely hotel !!”

Ranked #40 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Ashford, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel !!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed at the hotel for a family party and had a super time. The rooms were lovely, food in the evening lovely and the breakfast superpb. The staff were all very professional and helpful - thanks very much Cottonwood. Had a super stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
witney
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

Sadly my experience at the Cottonwood was very disappointing. Admitedly it was particularly wet and windy during my stay, but I didn't expect my room to feel like I was outside. The draft from the windows made the room uncomfortably
cold. I had to draw the curtains which made little difference. I decided not to make a fuss because I was only staying the one night. When I returned to the hotel at 11.30pm I couldnt get into the hotel. I had to wait outside in the cold and dark for what felt like ages after ringing the night porter door bell half a dozen times. It would have been helpful to be told on arrival that the door would be locked at night. It isn't even mentioned in the guest information sheet. When I eventually get to my room, I tried to log onto the hotel internet but it wouldnt allow me to join the network as Cottonwood Guest. This really annoyed me because when I booked in I enquired about the wifi access and was assured it was available and didnt require a password. Thankfully the bed was comfy as it was the only place to keep warm. So my advice is be cautious if you are considering this hotel. I certainly wouldnt recommend staying during the colder months and dont rely on the wifi connection.

Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 January 2014

Lovely afternoon tea with my mum today! An amazing array of sandwiches, scones and cakes! Blooming lovely! We could not eat it all and our lovely waiter boxes up the leftovers for daddy! Will definately be back again soon and recommend to my friends and family!

Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Went for sunday lunch ans found the unexpected bonus of live music. The meal was excellent allthough the portions were very small, the ambience and musice were both first class. The bill was also very reasonable, will definately be back

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Tonbridge, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014

Stayed overnight at the Cottonwood whilst in the area visiting friends. We booked a sea view room which was very large and spacious. Compared to the rooms shown on the website our room was very bland - plain emulsion walls, no "boutique" decor etc. The bathroom was basic too with small, rough towels. The wi-fi did not work. When I asked for peppermint tea I was told the hotel did not have it. On the plus side, the breakfast was good and so was the view from our room.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Hastings, Sussex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 January 2014

Due to storm damage to its sister hotel, our party were upgraded to the Cottonwood - Although the rooms are basic and somewhat small, they are clean. Our breakfast was very good (Our 2 year old Granddaughter loved it) and the staff friendly and helpful. The Saturday night saw the hotel busy with live music and a murder mystery dinner. The weekend stay was very good value.

Room Tip: Try and get a room away from the ancient lift, which is somewhat noisy.....
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

We went to the cottonwood with our children for their wine and dine evening meal.
I can honestly say the food at this hotel is fantastic and such great value for money.
You can have one/two or three courses up to you £18.95 for 3 is great value for money they could double the price and still be worth it high standard of food. We have been on numerous occasion and each time excellent standard.
Great location and views of bournemouth cliff. And the beautiful deco in the hotel is boutique luxury.