“excellent hotel, will return!”

The Cottonwood Boutique Hotel
Ranked #40 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Bromley, United Kingdom
“excellent hotel, will return!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

We arrived late evening looking for a decent hotel, having been disappointed with the one we were booked into. The staff were happy to show us a room and we were very pleased with the quality of the bedrooms : tastefully decorated and large enough for our family of three. Tea and coffee making facilities were available and proper good quality biscuits too! Although the bathroom was a little small, the toiletries in tiny individual bottles were a nice touch. Fixtures and fittings were all modern. The breakfast was excellent and the waitress very attentive : she remembered our order the 2nd day! We were upgraded to a sea view room the 2nd day and the staff even moved our luggage over from our previous room! Loved the unique decor in the public areas, very unusual but fine! Enjoyed a drink in the bar one evening, but never ate there in the evening so cannot comment but prices seemed reasonable. A lovely hotel with sufficient parking and attentive staff. we will definately be returning!

Room Tip: Sea view room was lovely, floor to ceiling windows!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
EastcliffProject, Manager at The Cottonwood Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Thank you for your kind comments, we're delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. We always try to go that little bit extra and appreciate that the smallest things can make a huge difference to our guest experiences.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future, best book a table for dinner next time, our new menu is out very soon!

Thank you once again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
Gosport, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2014

We have just returned from an overnight stay to celebrate my partners 40th birthday....our evening meal was cooked, presented and served to perfection. The bar/restaurant staff were very professional and welcoming...nothing was too much for them. Our room was very spacious and clean but unfortunately with no view! We would both recommend the Cottonwood and will be returning in the summer for another stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback, am delighted that you had a lovely stay at the hotel. Like you say, it is well worth the upgrade to a sea view room if it's available, particularly as we move into the lighter evenings.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your dinner, we have a wonderful team at the moment who all pride themselves on their quality of service and food. Our new menu will be out in April, well worth trying when you are next in Bournemouth.

Thank you once again.
Stevenage, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2014

By car you enter the hotel from what seems like the back, so you don't get the effect of the sea view unti later on. The hotel itself is nicely decorated, lots of funky pink wallpaper and suits of armour (?) around the place give it a definitely unique feeling.

The bedroom was a great size, as was the bathroom. The 'weird' bit though is that the building seems to have lots of old traditional features, high ceilings, a fairly grand staircase etc., but then flashes of modern look a little out place in my opinion. The bathrom suite was all square, a square toliet, square taps etc. just very modern and seemingly a little out of place with the 'old' style cupboards in the room and the building in general.

We were there for a party night, expecting it to be an 80's theme night although there wasn't much evidence of a theme in the music being played. There is a separate room downstairs for parties and it wasn't really what I was expecting - a relatively small room with some very respectable and well behaved guests (we got them dancing!) and a tiny bar. To be honest we went back upstairs to the main bar and had a lovely relaxing evening in there. Very pleasant indeed.

A big storm overnight blew out their electrics so had to pay by card in the old style of a swipey maching and signing with a real signature but they were able to work out my bil correcty so no problems there either.

So all in all it was confortable and no real complaints.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NeillyD
Haywards Heath
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

We booked at short notice for a winter break - we were given an excellent deal, and enjoyed our 5-night stay immensely. The food was excellently prepared and presented, though the menu is a little restricted (only two different soups in 5 days). Service was first class, from a very attentive staff. Our room was spacious, with unrestricted sea view, the double bed very comfortable. Overall, a very enjoyable time.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor sea view
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Ashford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 February 2014

Stayed at the hotel for a family party and had a super time. The rooms were lovely, food in the evening lovely and the breakfast superpb. The staff were all very professional and helpful - thanks very much Cottonwood. Had a super stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
witney
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2014

Sadly my experience at the Cottonwood was very disappointing. Admitedly it was particularly wet and windy during my stay, but I didn't expect my room to feel like I was outside. The draft from the windows made the room uncomfortably
cold. I had to draw the curtains which made little difference. I decided not to make a fuss because I was only staying the one night. When I returned to the hotel at 11.30pm I couldnt get into the hotel. I had to wait outside in the cold and dark for what felt like ages after ringing the night porter door bell half a dozen times. It would have been helpful to be told on arrival that the door would be locked at night. It isn't even mentioned in the guest information sheet. When I eventually get to my room, I tried to log onto the hotel internet but it wouldnt allow me to join the network as Cottonwood Guest. This really annoyed me because when I booked in I enquired about the wifi access and was assured it was available and didnt require a password. Thankfully the bed was comfy as it was the only place to keep warm. So my advice is be cautious if you are considering this hotel. I certainly wouldnt recommend staying during the colder months and dont rely on the wifi connection.

• Stayed January 2014