“loved this place”

The Cottonwood Boutique Hotel
Ranked #34 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Lovely hotel, great position,great staff. The whole experience was very nice, my fiancée and I had a lovely stay, I could recommend this hotel to anyone. This hotel would be good for couples, families, business or just a short break . the decor is superb.

Room Tip: didn't use the fitness centre or pool so cant comment, but i'm sure it is great
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
EastcliffProject, Manager at The Cottonwood Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Angus

Delighted that you and your fiancée enjoyed your stay with us, perhaps we can entice you back to hold your wedding with us!

We have some wonderful 'exclusive use' packages where you can take over the entire hotel just for you and your guests. You, your family and friends will have the full attention of all of our staff, it would be like having your very own private mansion. Prices are quite reasonable too, starting from £6500 for weddings in January, February and November.

Food for thought perhaps? We'd love to hear from you if you wanted to chat this through.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We enjoyed a one night stay and found the staff very helpful and friendly. A lovely location and a nice area for a drink outside. We had a good evening meal in the restaurant and a pretty good breakfast the next morning. Overall we felt we had a good deal for the amount we paid.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Great to hear that you had a lovely stay with us, spoilt by the weather I imagine too?

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel very soon, you may want to sign up to our newsletter to keep you up to date with all latest offers.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

We were so impressed by the staff efficiency and care. The rooms were clean and inviting. We loved the cocktail hour! The location was perfect and the sea views gorgeous.
I would highly recommend the Cottonwood Boutique Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear pessia G

Delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, the East Cliff does offer amazing sea views and a tranquil setting.

I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future. Perhaps a winter break where you can enjoy a brisk coastal walk and a warming cup of hot chocolate to welcome you back.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I stayed in this room with my mother, the staff are very friendly, some areas of the hotel are more pink and boutique and interesting, our room was clean, basic and bordering on sterile but the view was nice.

No internet connection though and my Apple 5c only worked if I took it out onto the lawn which makes it a definite no for me to stay again. But I think my Mum loved it and it served her needs perfectly.

Mountain of a breakfast if that is your thing, personally I like green smoothies and keeping in healthy so again, I think this hotel caters for a certain budget; it was well worth £70 for a twin and breakfast, but I wouldn't pay more than that for the room itself.

I don't get hotels that have terrible internet connection and poor mobile phone coverage, how to go bust!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

Dear Amanda

Thank you for your feedback, pleased to learn that overall you enjoyed your stay.

We're looking to get a couple more internet points fitted to improve the internet connection. Unfortunately we can't do anything about the mobile phone signal, the East Cliff is renowned for a poor signal, but I do think it depends on your network. I'm with O2 and do manage to get a signal whereas some of my colleagues on Vodafone don't.

Breakfast of course comes with a hearty full English breakfast but we do also provide a fresh fruit platter, yoghurts, cereals and poached eggs, so something for those wanting a healthier breakfast. No green smoothies though I'm afraid although I wouldn't put it past the Chef to put something together for you if asked.

Have a lovely summer.

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Great location, friendly staff, good food in both the restaurant and the bar. Bottle of wine in room on arrival. We also had a sea-view which was great. Nice garden area , felt they were a little understaffed at times, but as we were out and about most of the day it didn't affect our stay.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Great to learn that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope you'll visit us again when you are next in Bournemouth and perhaps you might choose to sign up to our newsletter to keep up to speed with our latest offers.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

My sister and myself booked this hotel a week before visiting on the 19/6/2014 a few days ago using a Red letter gift that I was given by my family for a Cream tea.

The occasion was also a special treat for my sister as it was her birthday that day. I'm sad to say that the cream tea was very poor but more importantly the service was unfriendly. We sat outside as the weather was beautiful which saved the day. The location is stunning so I would recommend a drink outside but certainly not for food and service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Colette H
EastcliffProject, Manager at The Cottonwood Boutique Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Collette
Many thanks for our comments on Trip Advisor and disappointed to learn that you didn't enjoy our afternoon at the Cottonwood. Our afternoon teas and service are often what we receive great feedback on, so very surprised. We are looking into the staff that were on when you visited and will be sure to address the situation so that future guests are more than satisfied with the food and service element of our business.
The views are wonderful though aren't they, we're very spoilt.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

We booked 2 nights B&B with dinner on 1 night for our anniversary and had a wonderful time. The room with sea-view was large and airy. A bottle of Prosecco and array of chocolates awaited us. Nice touch, as was the towels arranged on the bed to look like swans. The dinner was superb, breakfast standard fare. Every member of staff we spoke to was polite and extremely helpful. We want to go back the beginning of August but it is fully booked. No surprise.

Room Tip: Book early

Dear Dave
Delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and I'm glad you felt well and truly looked after.
Such a shame we weren't available in August, how about early September - slightly quieter as the school holidays have been and gone, but you can still benefit from lovely weather. Well most of the time!
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Cottonwood very soon.