“'At best average'”

Cuisines: Nepalese
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 20 September 2013

I ate here on Wednesday after checking on trip advisor, I particularly enjoy Indian food and after reading reviews thought Gurkha 2 would be good, at least.
I must point out the staff were friendly, quite attentive but the young lady who served me couldn't describe the content of a Chicken Shashlik, I simply asked was it pieces of chicken, onion, green pepper on a skewer? She didn't know, (but did offer to ask). I ordered the vegetable platter for a starter and although it arrived in a reasonable time it was bland a mushroom cut in half, dipped in batter and deep fried, no seasoning I could detect, onion bhaji OK, vegetable samosa dripping oil.
My main course of Shaslik arrived pieces of chicken, and something in between which could have been tomato or could have been red pepper couldn't tell, it was OK but probably one of the worst Shashlik' I've had ( and I've eaten dozens and dozens). My side of Tarka Dal was very good, the best thing I was served.
The restaurant was clean but the atmosphere was of a cold (not a cold evening) canteen feel. I can only say the people who rated this as 'great, best curry house in Boscombe' etc, cannot be regularly eating in Indian restaurants. Overall very disappointing.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

We've eaten a couple of times at Ghurka2, and have now had a few take-aways too.

We love Indian and Nepalese food and you absolutely can't go wrong with Ghurka2. Friendly and quite fast service, nice atmosphere, and food to die for.

I highly recommend the Piro MoMo starter if you really adore spicy food - it's hot and definitely worth it! I can honestly say the meals we've had at Ghurka2 have been some of the best meals we've ever had.

Very highly recommended restaurant and the take-away/delivery food is exactly the same high quality.

Reviewed 21 August 2013

We stumbled across this restaurant quite by accident as we were in Bournemouth for a family wedding and were just meandering up the road. What a find! We had a lovely meal, the staff were so helpful and friendly and we really enjoyed our evening here.

Highly recommended!

1  Thank Gwen2005
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Third meal in 2 years from this restaurant with my wife and 7 year old daughter and it has been amazing every time. Restaurant was very quiet, maybe because we were in at 6pm?
Just need an alternative CD because the one playing doesn't last long!

1  Thank Tbaa30
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Went out with a group for a "curry". A simple madras would have done me.

Tryed out the G2 on recommendation, not disappointed.

Great meal, patiently and considerately served, good starters, kind friendly service.

I had the Himalayan main, a fabulous mix of flavour and textures. Recommend very highly.

1  Thank TrollJagar