Norfolk Royale Hotel
The Connaught Lodge(Bournemouth)
US$187
US$212
  • Beachfront
The Cumberland Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$202
Great 4.5/5
Royal Exeter Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$123
US$119
US$115
Travelocity
  • Pool
Premier Inn Bournemouth West Cliff Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$94
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
Durley Grange Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$69
2,183 results
All reviewsgold voucherpeel hotelsmolton brown toiletriesafternoon tealovely hotelthe underground car parkmini barsconesper nightcentral locationswimming poolexecutive roomsteam roomshort breakleisure facilitieslounge areatown centre
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We came to Bournemouth to surprise our eldest daughter who lives there as she is about to travel to New Zealand with her boyfriend.We decided to stay at the Norfolk as it is quite centrally based and it looked really nice when we viewed it online. On arrival we weren't disappointed. The rooms were adequately sized and my younger daughter who was in the room with us had a bunk bed type bed .The only negative about that was because it was fixed,the overhead bunk was pushed up against the wall over the lower bed and this made her feel very insecure. I was actually worried she was going to sit up i the night and bump her head on the metal bed above. However all was well and nothing happened thankfully. The breakfast was very good and the spa facilities were an added bonus.The only draw back to this is that there is a walk from the changing rooms down steps to the pool area .You need to remember the access code to get into the pool. If you forget you are going to look pretty stupid hanging around in your swimwear.My daughter in law thought it would be nice if there were blinds or something round the pool area.It is rather like a conservatory and people go outside the hotel to smoke,sit and drink coffee etc and you feel a bit like you are in a goldfish bowl!
Overall though we had a really lovely stay here .The hotel is very attractive as it is quite old, and has bags of character. The staff were on the whole very friendly. We had a lovely weekend and the weather was so favourable for October.Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 October 2013

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our stay at the Norfolk Royale. Our room was big and with a huge comfy bed, and the location of the hotel was excellent for eating out, shopping and seeing all the sites in Bournemouth. We also LOVED the pool, the jacuzzi and the sauna. We chose to go for a swim during the middle of the day so for most of the time, we were the only ones there. Very relaxing! Breakfast was also quite good, even though the service was a bit slow. My only complaint would have been the £13 per day to park the car, but we were able to park the car literally right outside of the hotel, which was quite convenient. Overall, we had a great stay and I would definitely go back again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Norfolk_GM, Guest Services Manager at Norfolk Royale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear Kassie C

Thank you so much for your fantastic review of the hotel, I really am thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I know the team will be equally delighted!

I think we are so lucky to enjoy the location we have here in Bournemouth as we really can offer the best of both worlds in terms of proximity to both the beach and the wider town, unfortunately of course that does drive up the price of parking in the area.

I am disappointed to hear that you found the service slow at breakfast and I will be discussing this with our Restaurant Manager to see what measures we can put in place.

Overall though thank you once again for your lovely review and recommending the hotel on Trip Advisor. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

Lovely room 305 , breakfast service especially slow on Sunday , but I guess this is the norm, waited for tea and coffee for some 15-20 minutes after being seated. Monday and Tuesday breakfast service much better. Hotel in a great position, bar staff and reception staff most helpful.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Norfolk_GM, Guest Services Manager at Norfolk Royale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2013

Dear keithmyles

I see that you are a senior reviewer on tripadvisor and have been to some amazing places all over the world, I must say I'm very jealous! Thank you so much for posting your review on tripadvisor, I will pass on your kind comments to the bar and reception teams.

I'm sorry that the service at breakfast was slow on Sunday and Im particularly upset to hear that you had to wait so long for Tea and Coffee. Sundays are our busiest breakfast of the week and it can be difficult to judge when everyone will come down. I will discuss this with our Restaurant Manager with a view to improving our response at the peak times for Breakfast. I am glad to hear however, that we were able to improve on this on Monday and Tuesday.

I also see that you enjoyed dinner at La Strada, I do hope that was a recommendation from one of our Receptionists, It is my favourite Italian restaurant in Bournemouth.

Thank you once again for your honest review, and I do hope I can look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

The Norfolk is my home on Bournemouth. I have stayed here on average 3 nights a week for the last 12 months. Loyalty like this is a good indication of quality... That is the tip... I hope it helps!
I have stayed in other Bournemouth hotels but the welcome and friendliness of the staff at the Norfolk keep me coming back.

Room Tip: Room to rear and garden facing are quieter. As a resident you also get the use of the West Hants sports/gym faciliities
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Norfolk_GM, Guest Services Manager at Norfolk Royale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Mr Lamb

I cant thank you enough for writing this review, your comments have made the team and myself very happy. We are very proud of our staff, they are a great team and it's feedback like this that make it all worthwhile.

Thank you for your continued loyalty and for recommending the hotel on Tripadvisor. I look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Regards

Reviewed 12 October 2013

We just love this hotel. Yes tired in a few places but just like a comfy pair of slippers !!
Great food... even better at our last visit in August.Attentive staff. Large rooms with everything you need... and now the old fashioned TV's have been replaced by very large flat screen....
Excellent location... what more could you want apart from good offers on their room prices... which you can get through Trivago etc.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear smith99

Thank you for taking the time to post your review following your stay with us.

I am extremely happy that you were well looked after by our staff and find our rooms offer everything you could need. We are particularly proud of our evolving menus and our Head Chef will be delighted to hear your comments.

What a wonderful way of describing the hotel, we are continually working to maintain and restore the property whilst being careful as you say, not to lose its charm and familiarity.

I do hope we have the pleasure of your company again in the near future and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Thanks again