New Westcliff Hotel
Ullswater Hotel(Bournemouth)
Tower House Hotel(Bournemouth)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
All reviewscinema roomswimming poolleisure facilitieseach eveningtown centregreat facilitiesnight breaklong weekendpublic areasjacuzzirefurbishmentballroomseafront
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I have just returned from a stay in Bournemouth , I lived in the town for many years and moved away 15 years ago and this was my trip back since then, I chose to stay at the New Westcliff because I new a previous and owner and had worked here as an entertainer many years ago I didn't know what to expect but I was more than pleasantly surprised , it still is a lovely hotel much improved since my last time here the staff are more than efficient, courteous and helpful especially eddy the receptionist my room, room 11 was really nice and well appointed had everything I needed for my stay, the breakfasts were more than ample and very tasty, well presented and served by the staff, I am a very tough customer to please simply because I have a guesthouse in Blackpool and I know what to expect as regards to customer service and everyone here did not disappoint, an excellent job extremely well done! Thank you guys I won't be looking for anywhere else to stay on any of my future visits.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank TheAvenueGuesthouse
Paul H, Manager at New Westcliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

Dear Chris, It was with a pleasure to read your comment you posted on Tripadvisor regarding your stay with us. For us this is the best reward to our daily efforts: to see that our guests are satisfied and that they would like to come back. Thank you for your loyalty and really hope to have the chance to welcome you again in our hotel.

Reviewed 13 October 2013

just had a really excellent 5 night break at the new west cliff stayed many times over the years ,food and service excellent hotel and room always clean staff friendly and helpfull must not forget eddy aways ready for laugh, well done paul dot&alan

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Paul H, Manager at New Westcliff Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

A Big Thank You Dot & Alan for your review, we appreciate your loyality over the years & look forward to welcoming you both back again to the New Westcliff hotel.

Reviewed 10 October 2013

Although I attended for only one day ( Saturday 28th September ) of a long weekend do, I was very impressed with this hotel for both facilities, staff friendliness and ambiance. Absolutely first class food not so much as being spicy or in any way anything but traditional English fayre but cooked and presented in such a way to reflect the very best in cuisine. Quite remarkable and intensely memorable. This hotel is two buildings that are joined by a covered walkway but with access to delightful and secluded gardens. Parking requires some organising and some luck. the surrounding roads are free. Public transport to Bournemouth town and both Christchurch and Poole is fast, frequent and about 100 yards distant ( all night on Saturday night ). I noted but did not use an indoor swimming pool. I have not been to this hotel before but can thoroughly recommend it.

Room Tip: Avoid Room 14 for anything but a quick change
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay at the New Westcliff Hotel & hope to welcome you back to the Hotel on your next visit over to Bournemouth where you can continue to enjoy our cuisine,facilities and friendly staff.

Reviewed 8 October 2013

Completely endorse DAVID R review. We have stayed at the New Westcliff several times, and the food, service, and friendly atmosphere seems to get better each time. Paul is offering a very good package for the price. We would advise anyone who needs a central position in Bournemouth for a relaxing good value holiday to give the hotel a try. My tip! always ask for a annexe room for a bigger bathroom,and quiet location. Many thanks Paul and staff, I think you have got your business plan as good as possible in a difficult financial climate. DEREK M.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us, I am pleased that you have enjoyed your stay & will look forward to welcoming you back to the New Westcliff Hotel whenever you can get the chance to visit Bournemouth again.

Reviewed 30 September 2013

Really excellent with a first calss service. Nothing call be faulted with attentive service and good food. The quality of the rooms is good to excellent. Nothing too much trouble to the staff and management. Well done Paul and Rubina plus staff

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends

Thank You for your review on staying at the New Westcliff Hotel.We are pleased you enjoyed all the facilities & the cuisine that we have to offer.On behalf of the Management & Staff we would like to wish you a Merry Christmas & a Happy,Healthy prosperous New Year.We will look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit over to Bournemouth.