I had stayed at the New Westcliff Hotel once before in spring 2012 so I knew what to expect; and I was not disappointed at all. I had called ahead to let the Reception know I was going to be a late arrival (and I know from bitter experience at some other hotels I've been to, that it can sometimes be a problem if one arrives after 9pm; I had no such problems with the Reception Desk and was informed there's be absolutely no problem if I was delayed. As it turned out, I arrived earlier than anticipated and was greeted by a warm friendly member of the staff; most of the team at the New Westcliff are able to perform any of the services and so I had no delay getting checked in and quickly had my card-key and was off to my room.
The room itself was very clean & tidy, it was nicely presented with towels and soap layer on the bed for me to then use as and when I required. Although I was in a double room as a single occupant there were still 2 sets of towels - I always think this is a nice touch because I might find I want to use towels twice during a day! I was in time to have dinner in the restaurant, although I did have to get there quickly before it took last orders. The food was delicious, very well cooked and nicely presented; the staff were warm & friendly, and I enjoyed some pleasant conversation with other guests at the tables around mine.
The hotel has a great location with an easy walk to the beachfront (it's all down hill, so be careful!; the walk back has to be taken at a steady easy pace though!); in the hotel there's a heated indoor swimming pool, a small cinema with nightly screenings, and comfortable (well stocked) bar and lounge area. All in all I thoroughly enjoyed my stay, and I shall certainly be visiting again. The owners, the staff and the other guests were all very pleasant company and I felt at ease throughout my entire Easter weekend visit.
If you want a good quality hotel, with excellent food, a pleasant atmosphere and friendly welcome that's located in the central area of Bournemouth I can thoroughly recommend the New Westcliff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This delightful Victorian building is quietly situated in over an acre of grounds and gardens, yet within easy walking distance of all local attractions. New Westcliff Hotel has 53 en-suite bedrooms all of which have been beautifully refurbished to include colour televisions, tea and coffee making facilities, direct dial telephones, trouser presses, irons and hairdryers. Lift serves all floors. The hotel is open all year, not only to be enjoyed in those warm and hazy days of the summer. With our wonderful, much-envied facilities, we also make the ideal winter retreat for the weekend or mid-week break away. Our aim is to provide comfort in a tasteful yet relaxed environment. Our guests say it is our friendly atmosphere and sense of fun that brings them time after time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your New Westcliff Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- New Westcliff Bournemouth
- Hotel New Westcliff
- Bournemouth Hotel New Westcliff
- Bournemouth Hotel Westcliff