“A great disappointment”

Price range: US$4 - US$21
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: At The Durley Inn Harvester in Bournemouth food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.About our Harvester restaurantIf you're looking for a family friendly restaurant in Bournemouth, there's nowhere more popular than Harvester. Close to Branksome, Westbourne and Charminster, our restaurant is a great choice for anyone who loves tasty grills, indulgent desserts and eating out in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Plus we've loads of choices for young guests.
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Early Friday evening, staff clearly under pressure, a bit disorganised. Asked for mixed grill with rare steak. Offered "blue" which I wish I had taken as that may have been rare by the time it arrived! Chicken like cardboard, peas cold. Only good thing was the sausage and egg. Dated and in need of upgrade in my view.

4  Thank Jim B
Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at The Durley Inn Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

We have replied to you personally following your recent comments left on Trip Advisor. We aim to improve and your feedback will help us to achieve this.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We are regular visitors here (once every 2 weeks) and have found over the last few visits that the place seems to be dirtier every time.
There are chips and salad squashed into the floor and dirt all over the table legs and up the skirting boards... You can see where the 'cleaners' have swept and not done a great job as our table was balancing on half a bread roll. Yuk! Hate to think what the kitchens are like.
Having said that, the food is always pretty good. Definitely need to up their game or we'll be finding somewhere else to have our family meals!

5  Thank nataliesimmo

May we take this opportunity to thank you for raising these issues with us. We always aim to learn through the feedback we receive, and we have replied to you personally about this matter.

Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

We went in saturday night and yes there was a wait for our table. The waitress Claire was excellent, management material definitely.
The service we received was second to none, she really looked after us. In regards to our food it was excellent, I ordered gammon, egg and chips and it was lovely. I just want to thank claire for making us feel welcome. Thank you .

Thank you for your kind review. All the staff here find it very encouraging to see feedback, and we are pleased that you enjoyed the experience when you visited us recently. We would love you to visit again, and have replied to you personally.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

We went into this particular Harvester on Easter Monday afternoon after spending the day having a great day along the front. We saw The Durley Inn and thought lets have a meal and a drink. After waiting for a while at the entrance to be seated we finally decided to sit down around the corner and located a table for four with access for my mothers wheelchair. The place is perfect for access with Wheelchairs. We decided to get some drinks and then peruse the menu afterwards. I went towards the bar and found a very disorganized situation. There appeared to be two queue's one for just drinks and one for drinks and food. Some people were obviously in the wrong queue and this seemed to be an ill fated shambles which caused many people to get very upset. I joined the line for drinks only and after 20 minutes I finally got to the front of the queue. "Yippee I thought" however, another man decided to push in between the two queue's and was very annoyed at the service he was receiving!! He wasn't the only one I can tell you! The young barman to my amazement left me waiting without saying anything and started to serve this other person with his large round of drinks. This was the final straw!!! I walked away and several others behind me obviously decided that enough was enough as well. What made me angry was that there appeared to be many members of staff behind the bar not actively joining in to assist the customers. They really need some serious leadership at this place, as with the summer months coming and this absurd serving system in place, they will remain low down on the trip-advisor reviews list in Bournemouth, with many negative reviews. We wasted 30 minutes and at the end of this we left disgruntled, thirsty & hungry. I am sorry to say we will not be going back here again. I can't comment on the food or drink only the lack of service we received.

8  Thank Travellerclass

We were sorry to see from your review that you were disappointed in your recent visit to us. Your feedback is always welcomed as our aim is to get it right, and we will learn from your comments. We have also replied to you personally on this matter.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Found this place as we were walking along the beach in the evening - after snaffling a bottle of champagne on the way - it was time to eat! My goodness, we hadnt booked admittedly - but it was so very busy. Eventually got a table - but the staff had clearly had enough by the time we were eating. Adequate food - excellant location.

Thank you for your review, we do appreciate that you have taken the time to share your comments following your recent visit to Harvester Durley Inn.