“Fantastic food and service”
Review of Garden Restaurant

Garden Restaurant
Ranked #281 of 806 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Price range: US$13 - US$47
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, British
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: The last word in seaside chic, Bournemouth’s Cottonwood Boutique Hotel is home to The Garden Restaurant, a stylish dining room in a sublime setting. Atop the cliffs looking down on Bournemouth’s seafront, The Garden Restaurant is the ideal combination of timeless elegance and contemporary charm. The bold wallpaper, antique furnishings and understated but glamorous use of chandeliers makes the room feel bright and modern while maintaining a sense of classic cosiness. Excellent value for money from start to finish, The Garden Restaurant’s menu is an experience in flavour with ideas from all over the world blended in inventive and exciting ways and bold British additions providing that touch of familiarity too. A fine wine list is offered alongside with hand picked selections representing both quality and affordability.
Reviewed 5 February 2014

I have only just got around to writing this but I have comments to make on two visits.

Firstly, we had our Christmas party in this restaurant and the quality of food was excellent, especially as they were catering for a large nuumber of people. My beef was so tender it melted in the mouth.

Secondly, after the first experience I decided that we would return for Christmas Day and this again was excellent. I can't remember how many courses we had now but each course was well presented, served hot and tasted amazing. When it came to desert some of us couldn't choose so they let us have an extra desert which we shared. The chocolat fondant which is very difficult to cook for 2 let alone 100 was perfect!

1  Thank Jacqueline E

Reviewed 3 October 2013

we stayed at the hotel and had Dinner at the Garden resaurant,Food was really good and the staff very friendly

EastcliffProject, Manager at Garden Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2013

Thank you for your positive comments and delighted that you enjoyed your meal. We have some wonderful menu's and entertainment on Christmas Day and New Years Eve; I do hope you'll keep us in mind if you're planning to dine out on either date.
We look forward to welcoming you back to the Garden Restaurant at the Cottonwood.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

We had dinner here with our ten month old baby. The staff had a high chair ready for us which was handy and were very good with her throughout our meal. She soon had a game of how many times can I throw my toy and get the waitress to pick it up going with them. My starter was smoked haddock risotto with a poached egg. It was nice but the risotto would have benefited from a little more flavour in my opinion, maybe a little spring onion to stop it being bland. My husbands cheese starter was very good. We both had chicken and tagliatteli for our main and that was tasty and filling. We were too full for a dessert each so we shared a slice of chocolate tart which was lovely. The meal came to £33.50 which I thought very reasonable for 2 starters, 2 mains, one dessert and a glass of house wine each. Water was provided free which was nice as I find it quite annoying when you ask for water and are charged more then the price of wine for a bottle of mineral water. There is a good wine list including champagne by the glass which did tempt me, maybe next time if we have a babysitter. There was entertainment just starting which sounded good but sadly baby was tired and we had to go back to our hotel next door.

Great to hear that you enjoyed your evening at the Garden Restaurant and your feedback on your dishes will be passed to our Chef. I do hope you will keep us in mind if you are planning an evening out again; perhaps Christmas Day Lunch or New Years Eve; both have wonderful menus and superb entertainment lined up.
With kind regards.

Reviewed 8 August 2013

excellent value for money. good choice of menus offering set prices - glass of wine included on some. If the weather is good in the evening tables are available outside which add to the ambience.

EastcliffProject, Manager at Garden Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Dear npix

Thank you for choosing to dine at the Garden Restaurant and I'm glad you enjoyed your evening. Our wine and dine menu at £14.95 for 2 courses and a glass of wine is really very popular, nice to have the a la carte menu as well though to give you that bit more choice.

We do hope you will choose to dine with us again in the near future.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

We came as we were staying next door and the staff were fab, very accommodating. Food was great but the menu was very limited for choices, not a good veggie option

EastcliffProject, Manager at Garden Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Thank you for your comments regarding your meal at the Garden Restaurant and I'm glad that you enjoyed your evening. I will be sure to pass on your comments to our executive chef and hopefully on your next visit we will have a vegetarian option that you find more to your tastes. Chef is always happy to come up with specific requests on the night, simply make your waiter aware and Chef will always try and whip something else together for you.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Garden Restaurant in the near future.