“Look no further, Mountbatten Court is it !”
Review of Mountbatten Court

Mountbatten Court
Ranked #40 of 133 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 7 January 2014

My parents from France and I, from Canada, came to visit my sister in Poole for a few days. I found Mountbatten Court online and since it seemed incredibly affordable and their website showed lovely pictures of the rooms, I called up to book our rooms.
Everything about our stay there was outstanding and it would take more than this review to describe it accurately. From the first contact on the phone, Pat was so kind and accommodating, and reservations were made without fuss. Upon arrival, we were greeted with friendly smiles and already felt welcome. Although I told him it wasn't necessary, Andy insisted on taking all of our luggage upstairs to our rooms. And speaking of the rooms, the photos on the website don't do them justice. So comfortable, spacious, tastefully decorated AND impeccably clean, with also a spotless en-suite bathroom. The 37" HDTV and free Wi-Fi was a nice bonus too. And we found the location so quiet and peaceful in a beautiful neighbourhood.
Breakfast is included and what a feast ! Traditional home-made English breakfast that will set you up for the day, Pat and Andy will not let you leave the table hungry.
Our lasting impression was Pat's kindness, and of course, Andy's legendary sense of humour !
If you are visiting Poole, Bournemouth or Dorset in general, you can go ahead and waste time and money looking for an accommodation, or you can book your stay at the Mountbatten Court.
Honestly, the experience was so great that I was sort of expecting a "catch", and even jokingly told Pat & Andy. They replied that they treat their guests the way they would with family and friends. Indeed...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Jean-Marc F
andrew r, Owner at Mountbatten Court, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Hello Jean,Jo,and George .
Thank you very much for all your lovely comments about us and our B.B.
We also enjoyed having you here and we look forward to receiving you all again soon.
Pat & Andy .

There are newer reviews for Mountbatten Court

Reviewed 14 October 2013

I found Mountbatten Court, just 36 hours before I arrived in England. Pat and Andy were very easy to work with and patient with me as I threw myself upon them with such short notice. They gave great directions from the bus station, helped me find a seamstress, the health food store, taught me how to use a stream press, loaned me a needle and thread, - everything about the two days was personable and interesting! It's experiences and interactions like this that left me with FOND memories of my few days in Bournemouth. I'm impressed with the character that Pat and Andy possess, as they were able to adapt to my whimsical nature and I know that takes skill. My room was clean, comfortable, quiet, and I loved the entire site. Andy made apple crisp from his backyard tree and served it with fresh cream. It was a delight. Staying with Pat and Andy is a definite MUST DO, for a more personal experience of visiting Bournemouth.

Room Tip: I had a small room, with a single bed. Great shower and I liked the room setup overall, a good use...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ScherisS
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We stayed at the Mountbatten for 3 nights in September. Pat & Andy made us feel really welcome they pull out all the stops to make sure you have a comfortable stay, nothing is to much trouble. The room was large & spotlessly clean with plenty of fresh towels & complimentary toiletries, wifi was good & the widescreen tv was excellent. Pats breakfast was lovely & set us up for the day & thanks Andy for the apple crumble it went down a treat. Look forward to returning soon Martyn & Tracey

1  Thank mvu777
Reviewed 29 September 2013

I had to write a review for Pat & Andy after we had 2 great nights at Mount Batten... We could not have felt more welcome & like the other reviews we felt like we were visiting our favourite relatives! Our room was very big & spotlessly clean with a great shower & everything we needed... The breakfast made by Pat was delicious with an endless supply of Andy's toast & kept us going for hours!! Great tips from Andy on where to visit around the area & whether you are driving, walking or using the bus the location is fantastic, also very quiet & a nice stroll to the beach... We recommend to anyone to stay here for a lovely break & will definitely stay again!! Thanks Pat & Andy...

1  Thank Michael R
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We had a great three nights at this lovely hotel in exactly the kind of location we enjoy, peaceful and quiet. Very nice room and excellent breakfasts, what more could one ask for. Hope to see you again Pat and Andy.

1  Thank RitaandJeff
Reviewed 1 September 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights in August, celebrating our 5 years together. Pat and Andy made us very welcome. The B&B is perfectly located amongst quiet lanes, green parks and only a short walk from the beach. Pat works very hard making the rooms lovely and cooking breakfast, ably assisted by the cheeky Andy. We had such a relaxing time that on our second day I proposed (to my girlfriend not Pat or Andy that is!).

Many thanks for a lovely weekend

Antje & Mark

ps thanks for the whisky.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MBWilliams1978
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Me, my husband and 2 year old had such a lovely stay at Pat & Andy's. They always make time to speak to their guests and were so accommodating letting me come into their kitchen to make my little one's porridge. Located in a quiet residential street. They've been running it for 27 years and had a full refurb in 2009. Our room was spacious and comfortable with a huge TV and en-suite bathroom with shower. You can choose the ingredients each day in advance for a cooked breakfast, which was always lovely. There's a good choice of cereals and juice too. Very well located, less than 10 min walk to Alum Chine beach with a children's playground, paddling pool and miles of sand. Alum Chine is also the last stop for the land train which goes to Bournemouth & Boscombe. Buses are frequent too.

Room Tip: If you have a young family, ask to stay in the annexe at the back which has separate rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Lun71
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bournemouth
Riviera Hotel & Holiday Apartments
#11 of 133 in Bournemouth
Alum Chine Beach House
Alum Chine Beach House
#77 of 133 in Bournemouth

Been to Mountbatten Court? Share your experiences!