Carrington House Hotel
US$200
US$230
US$200
  • Pool
Royal Exeter Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$104
Priceline
US$120
US$103
The Green House(Bournemouth)
US$209
The Cumberland Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$196
US$178
US$130
PremierInn.com
1,295 results
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I stayed at this hotel for 3 nights as part of an organised line dance weekend. Arrival was chaotic as all the key cards were on a table and everybody was trying to find theirs. We were asked to dine between 6.00 and 6.30pm as dancing was due to commence at 7.30. A big mistake. The dinner was a buffet. The queues were horrendous and the food cold. To be fair, the management did apologise and offered us free wine with our meal for the remaining 2 nights. We were also allocated staggered dining times. Our group was the last to dine and that meant that there wasn't always the choice of food that the earlier diners had. For example, the new potatoes were all gone by the time we dined and we had sauteed potatoes each night. Another guest found that her bed was wet on arrival and, as the hote was full, couldn't be moved to another room. She did get a full refund. On the bright side, breakfast was good and we had great time but I would not return to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Go for a high floor at the back of the property as there is road noise at the front.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank beachcomber
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I stayed at the Carrington for 1 night and I was a bit anxious, having stayed at another Britannia hotel in Folkstone which was beyond disgusting. However the Carrington exceeded my expectations. I had a very clean and well presented room, plenty of tea and coffee and new tv and a decent bathroom. I didn't check out the swimming pool but the the common areas were all clean etc.

The hotel is in a good location for the beach and a short bus ride to the town centre, BIC and shopping. Plenty of free parking in the hotel car park and on the road.

Breakfast was a little chaotic as it seemed very busy, but £29 for a single room including breakfast can't be sniffed at and I would definitely return if I'm in the area again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Ladyrees
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Had to use this hotel for 10 days while working ..all i can say is dont go here ..first room i had was terrible full of dirt and the shower didn't work,,to top it off the roof was leaking and all they could say was what do you expect its raining..well after being moved to another room which at least it didnt rain in ,,again shower was crap wall paper coming off the wall but at least it was warm n dry lol...all i can say is since Britannia have taken this over they don't bother about the guest my advice is don't use

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
8  Thank si2008
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I stayed here for a girly night with my 6 yr old and although very dated décor (pretty shabby looking) it was a good price. For just under 50 we got room with basics. Pool in the morning, mini soft play, full buffet breakfast and parking included. Its pretty much a straight line if walking to town. The only negative worth noting was that reception hadn't registered us to the correct room so early evening 2 large gentlemen nearly entered our room. Luckily I had the chain on but issuing a swipe to an occupied room was a bit naughty. The receptionist did apologise in the morning and the staff were all helpful. If you want luxury perhaps go elsewhere but be prepared to pay a lot more.

Room Tip: Perhaps opt for an end of corridor as the walls aren't that thick, we only had noise from 1 side.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Dooglepoodle
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I booked this as a last minute romantic get away and ended up being very dissapointed with the standard of this hotel (I should have read the reviews before I booked) !
Upon arriving at the hotel I found it very difficult to find a parking space anywhere on the grounds, which wasn't a good start. I was given very little information about the hotel by the receptionist (infact had to ask for information regarding breakfast & use of the swimming pool), this is the only hotel I have ever stayed in that doesn't have a welcome pack or information pack in the room.
The room was of a poor standard decoration wise (tiles missing off the bathroom wall, wallpaper hanging off the wall, along with the holes in the wall). One positive thing about the dimly lit room was that the bed was quite comfortable.
We decided to venture out of the hotel for a couple of hours and upon arriving back could not find a parking space anywhere which was quite frustrating and so I had to park the car up the road from the hotel, I was then greeted by a bunch of very noisey guests across the hall from us and what can best be described as a rave (extremely loud music from downstairs, which went on for a couple of hours and found it impossible to sleep through as the walls and ceiling was vibrating), some mention of this prior would have been nice!!!!
We were greeted the following morning by a man from maintenance knocking on our door asking 'Do you have a leaking bathroom as there is a ceiling dripping downstairs' (we had no idea what he was talking about?), the shower itself was very poor (hardly any water pressure).
Breakfast was pretty average considering the rating of the hotel and I have had much better at a 2 star hotel/bed and breakfast!
I would definetley not recommend this hotel to anyone and if I was one of the people who had to pay full price for the room i would definetley have asked for a FULL REFUND

Room Tip: Go to another hotel!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple