“very tired hotel”

Carrington House Hotel
Ranked #61 of 67 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 25 January 2014

my first impressions when arriving for a overnight stay was oh no....
the front of the hotel is very run down and one of the front windows piled with furniture. the reception area is very well placed and helpfull staff. the bar area was clean and spacious although understaffed. the dining area again clean and spacious -our room 206 was big but so so dated black tape on the worn carpet to hide the holes,the nets were filthy the wallpaper was hanging off the wall,the bathroom was clean and tidy but mould all around the tiles. brekfast good but would have been nice to have been served the tea and coffee.
would not go back and would not recommend

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sharon5960
Write a ReviewReviews (1,256)

Reviewed 24 January 2014 via mobile

Obviously this cannot be compared to 5 star hotels in any way, shape or form. It was some scruffy bits, equipment that doesn't work properly and damage to some furniture; cosmetic stuff that these prices do not allow to be rectified quickly.
That aside we had two £25 a night rooms, one of which was huge. Reception were polite and helpful. Sometimes it's a matter of getting what you give I guess looking at some of the other reviews but all staff were very helpful to us, particularly reception. We slept well and having many high class restaurant experiences was pleasantly surprised that breakfast was so good considering what we had paid. For a B&B it couldn't be beaten for value! Thank you.

1  Thank Dominic W
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed with a voucher. Hotel was generally fine. Room was spacious and bathroom good. Lovely, plentiful breakfast. Great value. Only 5 mins to beach and 15 to city centre. We walked to both. There was a ball pit play area for my 2 year old. Pool was not open though. Maybe people don't realise how difficult it is for these hotels to keep going in the winter?!! It was fine for £29!!! And a nice free bottle of wine

1  Thank Saffydaffy
Reviewed 23 January 2014

We had a nice weekend, in spite of the weather. I was a Groupon deal so we didn't expect too much. The room was okay, it was tired and needed decorating, the net curtains needed laundering.
The food was pretty good for a buffet style.
The major problem was, coming back hot and sweaty from a dance, I needed a bath. I ran it half full and it was like orange juice. I emptied it and ran another.... same thing. Tried calling reception, no answer. As my partner needed to take some essential tablets, I went to reception who gave me 2 jugs of water, not the bottled I requested. He said he would get it sorted in the morning, I had to offer my room number, so suspect they knew the problem. We got to bed about 1am. The morning meant both trying to bath and get ready for breakfast and check out, The water being clear by now. Due to the rush, some things got left in the room, they are not answering the phone so cannot arrange to retrieve the things left.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2014

I suggest that the manager sorts out the staff, we have booked to go in a couple of weeks as a cheap get away for a night, we haven't even gone yet and all i done was call to ask the walking distance and the price of a taxi and the lady was very rude, I couldn't quite believe it! If when we arrive if anyone is that rude to us! We will be asking for the manager!

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank holidays_4_life
Reviewed 13 January 2014

Booked this hotel with a 2 for 1 voucher , only to be told there was a problem with the voucher on arrival - we were left to sort this problem out ourselves and were not allowed into our room until the problem was sorted. 2 hours later the problem was sorted and it turned out it was the hotels error . The customer service was dreadful , no one seemed to be bothered or sorry about the issue
The room was tatty - with a ripped divan , cracked, chipped paintwork and mould around the bath - never will I visit this hotel again !!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jean S
Reviewed 12 January 2014

Warning to any one who is looking at booking a room in this hotel. I warn you please do not stay at the carrington house hotel. I stayed here on the 11/01/2014 on a christmas party from my work. My room plus 6 others got broke into, damaged windows and broke into my room and decided to take perfume, after shave, electric razor plus my ipad and my girlfriends GHD hair striaghtets, i was down stairs with every one else in the hotel. I come into my room at around half 12 at night to find my room had been robbed. The police got called as it was other rooms that got broke into aswel. Finger prints and foot prints have been taken from police so ita just the matter of time to wait and here back from police after handing over a few details. The manager of the hotel said this is not the first time this has happend. The hotel manager put up abit of an arguement with the police when he was akses to show them cctv which makes me think it could have some think to do with the hotel workers. No one got a warning on goods not to be left in hotels rooms but once rooms had been broke into the manager tryed telling every body he left a note in the room saying any goods that are left in room are under your own problem which was all lies as there was nothing saying that. Any body should feel safe enough to leave things in a room if staying in a hotel. I think this hotel should be shut down as its just a complete joke and makes me feel sick the fact the manager really does not care about it. I have nothing good to say about the carrington house hotel but please i warn every body and any body please do not stay in this hotel.

5  Thank Karlbray1990