Carrington House Hotel
US$130
Marriott Hotels
US$124
Riviera Hotel & Holiday Apartments(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$90
Hotels.com
US$96
US$90
The Cumberland Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$80
Ocean Beach Hotel and Spa(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$58
Park Central Hotel(Bournemouth)
US$111
  • Beachfront
Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$86
US$233
US$98
Priceline
US$102
PremierInn.com
1,306 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 February 2014

The only way to get to the main ambassador hall is by going up one lift, along a corridor with two metal ramps (one of them raises you 8 steps higher) and then down another lift to another ramp to get you into the hall. on the Thursday I first attempted this 'journey' only to notice that the entire of the very nigh ramp was missing the safety edging to one side - meaning that any wrong steering on my part would mean I'd fall off (a height of approx 3 feet - which in an electric wheelchair could mean instant death).. when I finally finished my journey & got to the ambassador they've moved the wheelchair ramp for the 3 remaining stairs off to one side. luckily after some shouting a hotel person came and put the ramp back in place - but it took them 4 or 5 goes to get it right as he'd obviously had zero training - and there was no apology in sight.
It wasn't until the fourth journey down to the ambassador that I realised that the safety chain holding the really big ramp in place wasn't even attached to the safety hook (meaning it could have slipped any of the then 7 goes up/down this ramp). there was no-one in sight so I had to get out of my wheelchair and attach the safety chain myself!! I renamed this ramp 'the death slide' as it gave me the jitters every time I used it. when I reported to reception that the entire safety side was missing she really couldn't have cared less and offered no apology or offer to get it fixed.

there were no safety chains At All on the other two ramps.

brings me out in a cold sweat.

The last time I went there I went to use the disabled toilet in the ladies only to find out that some idiot had left a mop bucket behind the door - which meant it wouldn't open properly so I had to park my wheelchair outside & use my walking sticks to use the toilet - causing me a considerable ammount of pain.

I cannot use the disabled toilet in the ambassador room as it's not big enough to take my wheelchair and close the door (I have a perfectly normal sized chair).
so every time I wished to use the toilet I had to endure the journey of hell over 3 ramps and two lifts!!

Room Tip: Don't choose this hotel if you are disabled or in a wheelchair - they don't seem to care one jot!
5  Thank Nicky T
Reviewed 12 February 2014

The place is a bad and is way over due major repairs inside and out! Rooms are damp, smelly and un-useable! The service was extremely bad, I would never go back in a million years! Reception didn't care when you made a complaint! This is not a hotel but more like a slum!

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Brian P
Reviewed 12 February 2014

I was actually initially disappointed that I couldn't get into the Carrington for a weekend charity event but by the end of the weekend I genuinely felt that the hotel I ended up in - the Travelodge - was an upgrade. An upgrade that actually cost me less than if I'd stayed at the Carrington.

This isn't going to be a review on what I heard, but what I saw when I attended.

1. The hotel was massively understaffed for the event. They had barely any serving staff there to cope with the several hundred people that attended the Saturday night meal. The small staff that they did have were fantastic but they needed more support from their management. I think I counted just five people serving. This just isn't good enough. The bar staff were also woefully undersupported by the management and queues at the bars were common over the weekend.

2. I know we're going through some terrible weather right now, but the damp ceiling at the bar couldn't have been because of this. The ceiling was cracked and water was coming in, requiring the use of buckets in the main bar. Initially I thought they were getting in on the 'cowboys' theme of the Saturday night by giving us spitoons, but no they were there to catch the leaks. This not only made the bar look like amateur hour but caused a major trip hazard.

3. The quality of the meal on the Saturday night was poor. The soup was bland and the roast beef dinner was cold. And what were the Yorkshire Puddings? Did someone go around the back of a Lidl and rummage through the rubbish? They were cooked so hard that it knocked out a filling. I also had a meal on the Friday night in the restaurant and it was terrible. Again cold - I didn't think it was possible to get a burger wrong. I was mistaken.

Our event is moving to a hotel in Southampton next year. Goodbye Carrington. I hope you treat your staff and customers better in the future, but I doubt it.

Room Tip: Look for another hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
5  Thank retroEnzo
Reviewed 11 February 2014

What this hotel needs is owners who will treat the building, it's staff, and it's guests with respect, instead Britannia have chosen profit above all.
* The hotel is woefully understaffed.
* It's structure is decaying from years of neglect.
* There is water coming through the ceiling in the bar area and there is plenty evidence of other water damage throughout.
* The lights in the bar area flicker, probably because of the water ingress.
* Only one of the electrical sockets in the Windsor Suite works (it's a large room with many sockets.)
* There are missing panels in walls exposing wiring looms.
* There is peeling paper and staining throughout.
* Carpets are patched with gaffer tape, including stairs.
I understand that Britannia have plans for the place, but I don't think service to the customer will be top of the list. Take your money elsewhere.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel.
6  Thank JanTMan
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Just spent an extended long weekend here, used to be quite a nice hotel, but since last Lear (February 2013) it has really let itself go ( Also taken over by Britania Hotel Chain in this period)'.
None of the lights worked in our room, 2 of them had no shades, 2 had shades but were broken. A large mirror that was supposed to be on the wall was propped up by the door, shielding the fact that the Mains distribution box had no cover. A meal we attended on the Saturday night consisted of pea soup (palatable but dull), Roast Beef ( cold) with vegetables (carrots not cooked), and a new take on 'Bread and butter pudding' that seemed to consist of just bread soaked in egg custard, with chocolate sauce spooned over...... No sultanas or currants in evidence... Breakfast in the morning was serve yourself buffet style, something was tainting the tast of all the fried options, I suspect the oil possibly?, and the hash browns were more like Hash near blacks. Mains wiring hanging from uncovered conduit was seen at floor level, The swimming pool was cold and in need of cleaning. I even spotted some ceiling light held in place with Blue Tac. I shall NOT be returning whilst the current owners are in possession, nor shall I visit any other Hotels they own!

Room Tip: Choose another Hotel!
4  Thank SJordan45