“A fantastic stay mid-week”

Bournemouth Highcliff Marriott Hotel
Ranked #39 of 67 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 17 March 2013

As a Marriott reward member I tend to try to stay at Marriott's wherever possible. So a trip to Bournemouth meant we would try out the Highcliff Marriott. We were there midweek in March so found a car park space right outside the hotel (£10 for 24 hours) and booked in. On booking in the receptionist managed to upgrade us to a room with the sea view. Wow, what a view and what a room! Very happy with the friendliness of the staff.

The only downside is that the room was very hot (4th floor) even without the radiator on. Not sure if the air con was turned off for 'out of season' but didn't have much affect trying to get to 17C. In the end we had to sleep with the window open overnight which was nice hearing the sea lapping on the beach during the night but a bit of an early wake up from the seagulls :)

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mike K
Write a ReviewReviews (1,621)

Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for 2 nights but unfortunately didn't get a seaview room, I would say try for these. The hotel layout is a little strange as its an old building so sometimes you have to walk a long way to your room.

I have to say the Marriott food never fails to disappoint me, its always freshly cooked and nicely presented and there is a huge option for breakfast including special requests.

Apart from the location and views my favourite part of the hotel is the leisure club. It has a well equipped gym and a lovely large pool areas with sauna, steam room and jacuzzi.

The only downside is you have to pay for parking.

I would definitely stay here again when visiting bournemouth.

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Staff couldn't do enough to make our stay a fantastic one. Parking is difficult around the area but they car park staff simply took our keys and solved the parking for us. We stayed in the complex that is a converted row of cottages. Rooms were nice and clean, very quiet with comfy beds and hot showers. Breakfast next day was very comprehensive and the chef making my omelette had a good chat with me whilst working - made the food taste a wee but nicer knowing a bit about the guy that cooked it. It's right next door to the BIC (about 2 mins away) and about 5 mins from the Pavillion Theatre. Will definitely be going back!

Room Tip: Go for the converted row of cottages - lovely rooms and quiet too
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AndrewJ25
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Stayed here for an event at the weekend.
Staff were fantastic from start of our stay to finish- courteous and very helpful.
The room wasn't massive but had everything we needed without it being cramped. Room and bathroom were very, very clean.
The hotel is well placed- close to the beach and town but in a quiet location.
During the event itself the food and venue was good and again staff were very attentive and polite. Good selection of food available at breakfast. Only thing we sadly didn't get to try out during our stay were the swimming pool/spa facilities but these were spoken highly of by other members of our party.
Positive experience- though not at all the cheapest hotel in Bournemouth.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Wanderlust-Dormouse
Reviewed 10 March 2013 via mobile

Stay here for a couple nights every month on business. I can say that I always look forward to returning to this hotel, I could never say that about any other hotel! In the 3 years I have stayed here I have never had a cause to complain. The staff are polite, professional and attentive. Rooms are nice and quiet, especially the cottages. Breakfast always enjoyable. Great location as well. Highly recommend to anyone thinking of staying here.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 9 March 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the hotel when I visited last month.

The food was great (much better than the awful restaurants I ate in) and it was very clean.

It's in a great position and handy for the town.

Will stay again!

A+++++++++++

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Frankiesi
Reviewed 7 March 2013

I was very disappointed, perhaps I just expect to much. The Hotel is in a great position, the staff are great, but we paid over £300.00 pounds to spend two nights in a tiny room, with a small double bed. Now I booked a double room, but have stayed in so many hotels and the bed is never ever a small double. We were in 302, at the end and perhaps this was the reason for such a small room.

Room Tip: Not 302, Check the size of the room and the bed.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends