“Very high quality staff make this special”

Bournemouth Highcliff Marriott Hotel
Ranked #40 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Guildford, United Kingdom
“Very high quality staff make this special”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I travel a great deal and use many hotels. I was impressed the moment i walked trough the door by the staff. I have met quite a few now and all have been unfailingly polite and downright helpful without being intrusive. This is the mark of an outstanding establishment. I single out Steve Pini - lead concierge and duty manager last night and already this morning. He has gone the extra mile.
oh and the location is stunningly beautiful, food very good indeed and the rooms well equipped and very comfortable. Thoroughly recommended.

Room Tip: Sea front an obvious choice.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (421)
PL
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Lovely old building, overlooking the sea, less than 10 mins from centre of Bournemouth.
Staff are very friendly. Breakfast great. Lobby area perfect for lounging and reading the papers.
Although this is a Marriott, I had no sense of it being a big chain hotel, it felt much more like a locally managed hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

First time at this Hotel. Drove up to reception and the doorman directed me to their car park. By the time I got to the other side he was there to direct me to the best space. Reception very friendly and I got an upgrade with a sea view at the front of the Hotel. Room was very spacious. Staff in the lift greeted me and wished me a nice stay. By this point I was already blown away by their hospitality. as I have a Marriott rewards card I got free wi-fi for 24 hours and parking was free. Attended a trade dinner in the adjoining suite. Food was great. bar prices not over the top either.

Breakfast was excellent. Wide selection of cold or hot food and the mushrooms were freshly cooked, not tinned, microwaved. Whenever i needed coffee refill or sweeteners there were staff almost anticipating my needs.

Can I find anything to criticize them for? Not really. Everything was brilliant. care and attention was perhaps over the top but I am not going to damn them for that. Fantastic!

Definitely stay here again given the opportunity.

Room Tip: Get a Marriott rewards card and get to a reasonable level quickly! If you want parking at the Hotel...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Woodworker50
Nottingham
Reviewed 12 May 2014

What a setting! Our room overlooked the beach and was not a standard hotel "box" - it was a really pleasant change to have an hotel room with character. Still the standard Marriott EXTREMELY comfortable bed though!
Best part of the stay? - Waiter Sam in the bar serving drinks and evening bar snacks - he had a wonderful patter with everyone in there and found time to chat with guests if they wanted. His chat with an American lady on an adjacent table, introducing her to small samples of British beers from the bar was outstanding!
Great breakfast selection.
Only downside was £10 overnight parking charge.

Room Tip: Well worth requesting a sea view room in the old part of the hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TimKNottingham
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 May 2014

This is our second stay here and I must say it just gets better, from the time we arrived in our car we were directed to a secure parking bay at the back of the hotel. Checking in was painless and efficient, our room with a sea view was perfect. This hotel is the ideal location for Bournemouth, walking east or west is lovely along the esplanades, lift available to get back up if required. Short walk into town. The facilities at the hotel are excellent, all the staff are great, nothing is too much trouble. In fact one of our group had a slight emergency and she was treated to the best attention that I've experienced at a UK hotel. Well done everybody, I think it is the Marriott American way of doing things.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank MikeD278
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

For our arrival, the hotel greeted us with a bottle of champagne in the room and some chocolates, which were amazing!!! Next morning we went for breakfast, we had an incredible continental breakfast, with great views to the see. Every single person working in there were really kind and always taking care of us.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Joanaosorio
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 May 2014

I had my wedding at the Highcliff Marriott Hotel on Good Friday 2014. Everything was absolutely perfect! From the professional and efficient staff to the delicious food. The Marriott had made my experience memorable. My husband and I was lucky enough to have lovely weather and was able to have the Gazebo wedding I wanted. The whole experience from planning my wedding to the day of was spectacular. Nothing was too much and the day had exceeded our expectations. I would highly recommend this hotel for a wedding or any other event. Angela Faber and previous events manager Nicola Hibbert were very helpful and helped me plan my wedding to the finest detail. Rony Da Silva was the banqueting manager/ host of ceremony for the day and had made my day run smoothly. Sarah Bailey was my personal assistant for the day and was absolutely helpful and very sweet and the Head concierge Steve is brilliant and was at hand if there were any issues. The staff really made me feel special and everyone who attended my wedding said it was the best wedding they ever attend. Thank you Highcliff Marriott!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple