“Lovely weekend”

Ranked #29 of 133 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Oxford
“Lovely weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

Just spent the weekend at the Cecil Court Hotel in Bournemouth. It is really lovely. It has clearly been recently refurbished to a high standard. We stayed in room 10 and it was nice and big. Great value for money. As for restocking or clean towels as mentioned in other reviews, I did mention the fact that our room had not been cleaned whilst we were out during the day and I was told that the rooms are cleaned every other day but if there is anything that we needed then all we had to do was ask! Simple!! As for hairdryers, I always take my own as a precaution and often don't get on with other hairdryers anyway, I do prefer my own. This might be some teething problems for some, but for the cost of this hotel, I think some people just want to pick out minor niggles for the sake of it!!
The hotel is literally a 5 min walk from the town centre but also in a quiet enough area to enjoy some peace and quiet.
The owner and his wife are lovely and we were in the bar until almost midnight on Saturday having a drink (or two ) with them.
Breakfast is great, full English or any variation of it if you prefer something a bit smaller. We had a smaller breakfast on Saturday morning as we were going off to play racquet ball!
Nice, clean, bright all round excellent hotel and have already booked for another weekend in August :-)

Room Tip: try and get room 10, its lovely, bright and big :-)
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
brighton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2014

This is a clean friendly hotel so local to beach and town. comfortable beds with extra pillows if needed. amazing value. had a lovely stay and the staff couldn't be more accomodating, lovely.
would definetely stay again. thank you

Room Tip: front of the hotel will experience more noise naturally. and it is a busy hotel area and popular so...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
huddersfield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed at this hotel for Valentines weekend. Had secured a great rate by booking well in advance. We arrived late due to the recent inclement weather but this wasn't an issue. We were shown to our room, which was lovely and clearly recently refurbished. Have since read reviews from others and agree there are still some things needed to bring the place up to a higher standard. Firstly, we only had a bath in the room - this was OK but not great if you need to wash your hair; bringing me on to point 2 - where is the hairdryer? I had to go out with wet hair as I'd assumed one would be provided so hadn't brought my own. The first time I went in the bathroom, there were hairs in the sink. Unfortunately for me, I am not great with having to pick up other peoples hair. Apart from that, the bathroom was spotless, but hooks need to be installed in there or a shelf, as there was nowhere to put things. The room was also very cold, heating didn't come on til way into the evening and was switched off again in the morning. There were only blinds up at the windows too, so no way of making it more cosy. If you're going to stick with original single glazing, please could you put up some curtains. Tea and coffee making facilities were available, but one of the UHT milks in our tray had been opened previously so wasn't great. No restocking of the tea and coffee took place, despite us being booked for a 2 night stay. Also we only had bath towels, no hand towel and their policy is to only replace every other day or on request. I don't object to using a towel more than once, but because the heating wasn't on after the towel had been used, it wasn't dry by the time I came to use it again. My suggestions would be - make sure guests are your priority - get hairdryers, review your restock/replacement system and please, please make sure the rooms are warm. Also, the thing that spoilt my trip more than anything was the rowdy group who were braying on the hotel door (underneath our room) at 6am!!! I'm no party pooper but I do like a good nights sleep. All in all, despite the points above I really liked this hotel and would visit again. Am confident that in time, the niggles will have been sorted and it will be a sought after place to stay.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back and with a shower
1 Thank babyboo1
Oxford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Arrived late afternoon with my wife for a one-night stay to find car park full. The hotel does not guarantee a car parking space in any case. A gentleman who greeted us at the door suggested that I might be able to park at the side of a nearby road which I found to be fully occupied already. However I managed to park temporarily in the hotel car park by blocking in another car.
This meant that we could take our luggage to our room and I then found a pay and display car park nearby. Luckily we had to attend a function nearby and we found a parking space there. Room was clean and tidy but heating was turned off. There was a bath but no shower. Only one towel per person was provided. No cup or beaker was provided in the bathroom for washing of teeth. Tea and coffee-making facilities were located in a cramped position on top of a bedside cabinet (which also had a table lamp) presumably because there were no suitable electric sockets (but there was plenty of space) elsewhere.

Room Tip: Get there early to check in and you may then be able to park at the hotel.
Winchester, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Had a lovely night away fab hotel fab room fab breakfast and lovely owners and staff lovely bar area really relaxed will definitely be returning just a short walk from the town and a few minutes away from some lovely restaurants.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

I can't fault this hotel on arrival was greeted with a huge smile and a valentines rose! Customer service was great, the room was very spacious, very clean, shower and toilet room was spotless and spacious for an en-suite! Will be returning and will be recommending to friends! I think I fell in love with the hotel as it's also my grandads name :)

• Stayed February 2014
Pontyclun, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

As previous reviews have said the hotel has recently been refurbished to a good standard A lovely warm welcome and secure place to park. The only thing that let it down for us was the windows it was so draughty we were freezing even with the heating on I understand wanting to retain the windows in keeping with the building but please draught-proof them or think about hanging curtains - blinds alone just don't do it!
The breakfast though extra was worth every penny We didn't need to eat until the evening after it Well done chef it really was good Would we stay again - undoubtedly it was worth the money convenient and apart from the window draught a lovely place to stay