“Nice place ”
Review of Cecil Court Hotel

Cecil Court Hotel
Ranked #42 of 134 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Have not stayed here but met up with friends for a drink friendly staff and very hospitable place to be I would highly recommend to any one to stay here I was speaking to the proprietor of this establishment and he himself was very helpful and even laid on free bar snacks as I mentioned I was feeling a bit peckish top draw

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Just had an overnight stay here whilst in Bournemouth to see the Seekers.
Good points: Everything is clean and new and the staff were very friendly and accommodating. Lovely room (room 20) with comfortable twin beds and a great shower. Breakfast , delicious and plentiful. Bar area very welcoming with the bonus of outdoor seating too.
Bad points: Parking could be difficult if you arrive late; be warned the stairs are steep and there is no lift ( if you need ground floor, then ask when you book), glass holders in the bathroom- but no glasses

Verdict: minor bad points, major good points, definitely a place I would choose to go back to in Bournemouth

Room Tip: If you have limited mobility ask for a ground floor room
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Have just come back from a nights stay at the Cecil Court Hotel with my husband, daughter and her boyfriend. It was just perfect. Olly was so personable and very pleasant. Breakfast was very good, we will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank EbbieH
Reviewed 18 May 2014

I had booked for 2 nights, but on arrival after a long drive in scorching sun , I was told I was not expected till the next day . After I produced the relevant paperwork, a second check showed the extra night had not been logged by the hotel. .Fortunately the room was vacant. Being elderly and slightly disabled,I was pleased to get a ground floor room, especially when I glimpsed the high staircase, but my first hour in the room was spent trotting back to the reception to point out the following details which I discovered: There was no socket for the kettle - it was necessary to carry the kettle to a floor level socket under the window. The bedside lamp did not light up. The employee moved the bed to discover there was no socket in the corner where the lamp stood on the only table. The cable had to be passed behind the heavy bed to another power point, but I found the bulb was too dim to read by, and fetched a torch from my car so I could have an early night with a book. There was no chair in the room -(supposedly a double), The en suite was clean and of a good quality, but the toilet was quite low and wedged tightly between a wall & the side of the shower, so anybody of large build would have been most uncomfortable, and for some it would not have been possible to sit down.
There was a holder for a glass at the basin, but no glass. The final touch was the slipperiness of the shower base when wet with soapy water - the base should have been reliably non-slip and/or a rubber mat supplied. I take a portable bathroom grab rail when I travel, and on this occasion I certainly needed it.
On a positive note the staff were apologetic, friendly & helpful, but all of these matters were preventable - oh, and by the way, I got the same answer as the person who wrote a review on 25th March, regarding the missing T.V. remote control - the previous guest must have stolen it !

Room Tip: Avoid room 2 if you are overweight, disabled or a couple. Alright for a single who doesn't read...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Clean, friendly staff, but we were in room 6 which was way too small for a couple. would have been better for a single occupancy. When you spend money to go away you don't want to be squeezing past a bed and in the bathroom. we got to see the room opposite, no 7 which was of a decent size. Hotel is clean and recently done to a good standard, so for price it was good.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 March 2014

We booked a triple room here on 25th March 2014. The room is spacious and clean. The sink in our room was stuck and the TV remote was missing and we couldnt change to the channels we wanted as the frequency is off. The man at the reception help us unblocked the sink and manually tune the TV ( he told us that the remote was taken by the previous guest ). The next morning we went for our breakfast and the same man served us our meal. My husband commented that he is such a hardworking man working till late at night and early next morning.
Paying less than £60 and a nice full English breakfast, that is really good value for money.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Couldn't have booked a nicer hotel. Myself & Husband stayed for 3 nights and couldn't fault a thing.

Spacious room with lovely fixtures and decor (room 10), extremely clean upon arrival.

All the staff are lovely. Nothing of any hassle to them and are more than happy to help when asked for something hotel related directions and even recommend places to eat.

Breakfast is one word.....Yummy!! Defo a thumbs up on both hands to the Chef.

(As for the previous comments/reviews abiut no hairdryers etc. These are available from Reception as stated by the Hotel. Personally I am of the opinion if you have hair & use one then take your own as most people would)

I've waffled on enough for now so off to book my next stay at Cecil Court :0)

• Stayed: March 2014