“Russell Court Hotel,Bournemouth”

Russell Court Hotel
Ranked #120 of 134 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Hotel in good location.
Bathroom was freezing when we arrived so could not give granddaughter a bath.
Spoke to reception and it was fixed following day.
Had to pay for breakfasts although they did waive charge for little one.
Also had to pay for parking which was needed as clamping was the outcome.
Staff were friendly enough but all foreign so not much dialogue.
Breakfasts were average and not really worth £6.50 as it was not buffet but fixed.
Overall would not stop here again.
It may be other peoples choicebut this was just our own opinion.

Room Tip: Stay on top floor as sound comes through ceilings
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 April 2012

I checked Trip Advisor, saw the two types of comment, took a chance and stayed one night. I was happy with my choice. It was clean and, above all, good value.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 April 2012

This is a basic hotel, don,t expect anything else.
Good points
Position, really handy for the pier and beach.
Staff very polite and helpfull.
Bad points
There is a charge for the car park, It is very hard to find a parking spot nearby so you have to accept it.
Really bad for disabled people. There is a steep ramp at the entrance to the hotel.
If you are confined to a wheelchair and manage to get up the ramp you certainly won't be able to use the lift, it is very small (takes two people only).

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 April 2012

Stayed at this hotel for 1 night with some friends, was very surprised to learn that if you are not staying in the hotel you cannot make it past the lobby! Which made things awkward as we were getting ready and had to make our friends wait. Understandable if it's at night but this was 4pm.

Check in was a palava, it was insisted that our card be taken even though we had prepaid for the room and the names of each individual guest in each room had to be listed. We were forced to carry ID cards for the hotel with us -- apparently it is not possible for the hotel to keep an up-to-date list of their in-house guests for security purposes. The gentleman on reception was very rude to us and thoroughly unhelpful.

The rooms were as you would expect of a 2* hotel, though the bed was very squeaky and the television did not work. One of our rooms had a phone in and one did not -- this phone was used at 10.50am to warn us that there would be a charge if we left 1 minute past 11am, the check out time.

We were undermined and argued with, and being there as guests they made us feel like we were criminals rather than paying customers. Even at such a good rate, I would not stay here again.

Room Tip: Every room is mis-matched and different, good luck!
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rachel G
Reviewed 23 April 2012

We stopped in this hotel this weekend. We were a bit apprehensive as the hotel was only rated 2*. The rooms were spotlessly clean and the staff really helpful. The views overlooking the sea were wonderful. the breafast was good, cereal, juice, etc bacon, sausage, egg, beans and as much toast as you liked, (although I would have liked mushrooms) The room was clean and warm (although too warm for me). We enjoyed our stay we also had car parking. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LuGas_11
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My partner and I stayed at the Russell Court hotel on Saturday 21st April and will not return! Check in was fine although we found it strange they require photo id and wanted a photocopy of this along with our bank card!
On arriving at our room we were DISGUSTED by the carpet it was covered in black stains, so many that my partner did not want me to stand on it bare foot (we are not snobbish in any way normally) the bathroom tiles were covered in filth, the tv did not work and the bed was very old and squeaked just sitting on it.
We know the hotel is only a 2 star and we did get a good deal but we would never stay again and would never recommend the hotel, I wish I had now taken pictures of the carpet in our room to post on here!
This hotel should not be open to business it needs a serious face lift judging by our room!
Oh and we did ask for the photocopies of my bank card and driving licence back when we checked out as I did not trust them to keep this information.
Have stayed in many hotels and this is by far the worst!

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We were supposed to have stayed overnight due to a family member living in Bournemouth being very ill. We were devastated when my cousin died the night before. I phoned to cancel that night but was told that their policy was no refund. I explained that we didn't want a refund but to use the rooms when the funeral took place.

The manager phoned me the following morning to tell me that there are no refunds and that when I knew when the funeral was taking place to phone them and they would give me a discount.

Due to the extenuating circumstances I thought they would be more accommodating but obviously not.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
RCHBournemouth, Manager at Russell Court Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Thank you for your feedback, we value all our guests' opinions and appreciate the time you have taken to let us know of your disappointment. We take pride in providing the best possible service. We understand that you booked a non refundable and non ammendable room type and hence we were unable to make any ammendment or cancellations, however we did promise you to offer discounted price for your future visit because at the time of conversation you were not sure of dates.

Once again, thank you for your feedback

Arun Sharma