“Awful” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #133 of 144 Bournemouth B&B and Inns
bridport
“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We were 3 men on a night out, and chose this hotel for the location, after paying nearly £300 for the one room for a night we thought this would be a great hotel, and thought we would have a pucker room, how wrong we were, we were totally ripped off, the room was dirty, the bathroom was mouldy and the door didn't shut properly there was thick dust and mould all around the room, the staff were shockingly rude. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone and if they paid ME I still wouldn't stay at this hotel!!!!

Sleep Quality
1 Thank russell g
RCHBournemouth, General Manager at Russell Court Hotel, responded to this review, 6 September 2014
Hi Russell g,

We thank you for taking time to review our hotel and wish to inform that we welcome all reviews. We understand that paying that much money you did not find value. We are sorry that you did not enjoy your stay with us.

Please contact me to discuss this further.

Many thanks and Kind Regards

01202 295819

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Polish first
Braintree, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

We stayed here for two days as a party of 18 on a stag weekend. We have to say the Hotel Staff were very friendly and they accomodated everything we needed and supplied good food and had the bar open whenever we needed it! They even opened up the main function room for us to watch the 100" TV Screen for the world cup. Hotel was vey clean and we would stay here again. The location was excellent for access to the beach and access to the main town for the night life.

Hi Scott b,

We thank you for your review and are delighted that you enjoy your stay with us as we were well suited for your requirement.

We look forward to welcome you again in near future.

Many thanks and Kind Regards

Doncaster, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

We have just checked out today having stayed for 3 nights at this hotel. After booking without reading any reviews initially, then reading the reviews, post booking we nearly had a panic attack and started to look for alternative places to stay, such were some of the terrible reviews!
We are not prudes, a couple in our fifties, realistic enough to expect that you get what you pay for, and only paying £117.00 for 3 nights in a central Bournemouth Hotel seemed good value for money! Listed as a 2 star accommodation hotel seems about right, Yes it is definately very dated, and hasn,t seen any serious updating for a long time, BUT, we found it to be very clean & comfortable and the staff always polite & helpful. We had a small double room, with color tv, tea & coffee facilities, hairdryer. The en-suite bathroom was small, but very clean, and plenty of hot water at all times, the towels were spotlessly clean & well launderd and were changed every day, and the room serviced each day by attentive and polite staff. OK, the carpet was well past it,s sell by date and the decor was well overdue a lick of paint, but as stated previously, for the price we paid, and it,s central location, you can,t really complain. We didn,t eat in, so can,t comment on the food, but we did find the prices for breakfast & dinner were overpriced! There are many good restaurants & cafes on the doorstep offering excellent value for money, for example Wetherspoons, serving a large full english breakfast at £4.75, and a good steak meal at under a tenner per head.
To sum up, if you want somewhere just to lay your head for the night, thats clean, comfortable, and a realistic price, then you won,t be dissapointed.

Room Tip: Rooms at the back are quieter.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hi peteash187067,

Thank you for taking time and reviewing Russell Court Hotel, we agree with most of your reviews and assure you that new ownership and management is exploring its options and keen to do what it takes to take this hotel where it deserves.

We look forward to welcome you soon.

Lampeter, Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

We are currently staying at this hotel, and have no complaints. It is basic but it was a very reasonable room rate. The staff have all been exceptionally polite. Havent used the restaurant orhad breakfast here, so cant comment on that. Location wise is excellent. We have been lucky with parking so far and have always found a space when returning. Think some of the reviews of this hotel are a bit harsh and made by people who want 5 star stays for campsite prices!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Hi funnystrawberry,

It was indeed a pleasure to read your review seems like an oasis in dessert. We really appreciate you honesty and thank you for that. We like your comments about staff and shared with them it motivated them a lot.

Look forward to welcome you in not too distant future.

Kind regards
Bath road
Tel : 01202295819
Nantes, France
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

We are a large group, used to travelling all together ; we have never been received in such poor conditions. From the minute we entered the hotel, the manager asked us to pay for the whole stay (5 nights), which is ok-ish, but we also had to pay in advance for those of us who were to arrive 2 days later, otherwise he would not give us any room. We paid for parking, but when there were no parking places available, we were told that nothing could be done and the one car that did not fit had to stay in the way. One of the room mysteriously could not be unlocked one afternoon, nothing was done and when the occupants came back later in the evening, they were told to go sleep in another room -- and when they protested that they missed all their stuff to get changed, they were told they should rather be happy about that !

Anyways, staff is ok, rooms are clean, but do not expect any common sense, understanding, or even dialogue from the management (who even denied being in charge, and put their staff into a weird and incredible position of not being able to tell us who we had to speak to to get our problems solved)

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cindy b
Hi Cindy B,

We thank you for taking time and review our Hotel. If I remember correctly you were the cricket group. All terms and conditions were explained to you before arrival and you were well in acceptance of those.

If you are a group you should pay as group as well that all we asked.

Car parking is subject to availability first come first serve and is for residents only unfortunately we did not have space for you for that day we refunded that night car parking charge, which is fair.

I completely accept your predicament regarding your room lock problem please understand it was accidental and accidents do happen you will agree what we did was reasonable to recover the service which was to give you another room to sleep till we can get the lock opened, which again is fair.

Thank you for your comments about the staff we share with them and they were delighted and return thanks.

Please do contact me if you wish to discuss it further

Russell Court Hotel

Travellers are raving about these Bournemouth hotels

Worcester, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

We went here as a hen party group of 9 20-somethings. The rooms were tired, but suited our purposes just fine, with three people per room. The shower temp was a little variable but we got the hang of it! Breakfast was filling and set us up for the day. The location is great, 2 minute walk to the beach but not on the main drag, and parking is reasonable at £5 a night for the location. It's not luxurious but it certainly did the job for a fun weekend!

Stayed July 2014
Hi SophieLou85,

Thank you for reviewing our Hotel on Trip advisor and I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. we have taken note of your mention and will look to improve upon.

Look forward to welcome you when you are next in Bournemouth.

Kind Regards,
Tel 01202295819
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I booked this hotel for a business trip. It was for a group of 6 travellers. I made the booking via booking.com and secured a rate for £64.99 per person. This was a fully flexible rate, cancellation free before 2 days prior to arrival. I had to give a credit card number to secure the booking. I had requested that guests pay on departure individually. A request which was declined. I called the hotel and spoke to Kamal who said that it was not possible and that the payment had to be made on the card that was used for the booking. I said as I was not travelling and the card was my personal card it would be difficult. He suggested that I cancelled my booking with Booking.com and he would contact me to rebook the rooms individually to enable this.

He chased me constantly by phone to this, and ignored my emails requesting that he confirmed the same price for the bookings.

I cancelled the booking.com reservation and called Kamal. When he returned my call he told me that he would not be honouring the booking costs and that he would be charging me £99.50 per room. I tried to negotiate and he said that it was non negotiable and that if I wanted to find another hotel I could. As this was for business and over our expense policy I asked when I could cancel until. He told me that it was non refundable. I managed to get him to give me one day to confirm that my manager would approve this. I also begged him to include breakfast which he declined rudely first of all, but then agreed the guests could have the continental buffet breakfast included.

He was rude, unhelpful and I therefore quickly spent the rest of the day finding an alternative hotel.

I am disgusted with their attitude and would not recommend anyone staying here.

Its also interesting that another comment was that this hotel was "Money Hungry with Sexist Staff!!"

DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank mrsscottblyth
RCHBournemouth, General Manager at Russell Court Hotel, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear mrscottblyth,

We thank you for taking time to review our hotel We understand that you were not happy with the booking process of Hotel. Please contact me directly if you wish to discuss this any further.

Look forward to hear from you in near future.

arun.sharma@russellcourthotel.com