“Terrible food, terrible service.” 1 of 5 bubbles

The Restaurant Debenhams Store
Ranked #532 of 729 Restaurants in Bournemouth
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Wheelchair Accessible
Bucknell, United Kingdom
“Terrible food, terrible service.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2014

I went here for lunch with my daughter and grandchildren last Friday. We arrived at 12.30 and already some choices had sold out. We ordered jacket potatoes and waited and waited to pay for our food. By the time we finally got to the only cashier our food was cold. The lady in front of me returned her soup as it had gone cold and was told it would be another 10 minutes. When we finally got to our tables my granddaughter's sandwich had a thin slice of plasticy cheese and no butter, margarine or spread - just a dry piece of thin white bread. Save your money and go somewhere else!

• Visited February 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

“Nice restaurant. But ran out of food !”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 February 2014

Nice restaurant , but on arrival at 1.45 Thursday 20th February we were told they had run out of nearly everything There was no hot meals left , all the baked potatoes had gone , we had the last two hot sandwiches , and the dregs of the soup minus bread rolls , all gone. que' d to pay as the girl taking money was making tea and coffee also , food was getting cold. Nice view from the restaurant but that was all.

Visited February 2014
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Good food but bad service”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2014

Visited for Breakfast. Partner had a cooked breakfast which was served and given to him, then he had to wait 5 mins for toast to be cooked, his breakfast was already cold by now. I ordered porridge. Then hot drinks ordered, pot of tea and hot chocolate. We were given a hot chocolate and a latte! More delay while this was put right. Told my partner to go and eat his breakfast which was cold by now. My porridge arrived ten minutes later. Then the cleaner came and cleaned our table before we had left. We were just unlucky with the staff who served us, because another young lady came on duty and her attitude and customer service skills were outstanding. Anyway, I complained and am being sent a gift voucher so I can eat there again!

• Visited February 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Horrendous service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

Absolutely awful. When my friend and I arrived hot food had stopped being served, which was fine we both only wanted quick sandwiches and drinks. When asking the girl if we could both have 2 of the paninis she was down right blatantly rude. She said hot food was not being served any more and my friend and I said 'oh we thought it was the hot plate' she just walked away. Unknown to us she has actually gone to make the sandwiches she came back and took my money no please to thank you. We both waited there for a good 10 mins while they cooked and the she just put them on the counter no sorry for the wait or anything. To be honest I was outraged by her blatant rudeness! Then my friend and I had to go through 6 pieces of cutlery to find some clean ones, our drinks were served in plastic instead of glass. We will NEVER return.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
“Outstanding - Carvery 5*”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2013 via mobile

Never know what to expect in these places but decided to go in for a sandwich with wife and 4 year old and ended up having pork Carvery . It was stunning and portions were excellent! Puts some of the "Carvery" brands to shame. Well done!