Elstead Hotel
Marriott Hotels
US$233
US$98
US$125
The Cumberland Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$144
US$80
Riviera Hotel & Holiday Apartments(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$90
Park Central Hotel(Bournemouth)
US$111
US$96
US$90
Ocean Beach Hotel and Spa(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$58
Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$85
US$102
PremierInn.com
  • Beachfront
All reviewsgym equipmentceiling fanbar mealssteam roomwell stocked bartrain stationkipperstrouser pressquiet streetbit datedleisure clubswimming poolpleasant hotelleisure facilitiesnight porterthree stargood size
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Spent 2 nights in this hotel, found it had a very relaxing atmosphere. I had booked a double room for myself and my teenaged daughter, and on arrival the receptionist offered to check if there were any twin bedded rooms available - we had booked last minute - which we appreciated. As it happened the hotel was full so no swaps were available, clearly a popular hotel.
The room (303) was clean and bright with tasteful, if slightly dated, decor and a shiny clean ensuite bathroom. Situated in a fairly quiet road, there was no noise at night time - we heard nothing from neighbouring rooms other than the occasional door opening/shutting. Our only negative comment was that the mattress on the bed was uncomfortable...you could feel the springs through the bedding, and we would have preferred duvets to the blankets, sheets and bedspread which Elstead Hotel uses. We mentioned this on checking out and our comments were noted.
There was plenty of choice for the self-service breakfast, it was also relaxed and unhurried. Elstead Hotel was also well located for walks to either the beach or the town centre.
We enjoyed using the pool facilities during the evening, though the pool was smaller than it looks on the website, we were fortunate to have it to ourselves for some of the time! It could have done with being a bit warmer, we swam in the evening and the pool felt cold. We didn't use the gym equipment as the area was busy and looked a bit too cramped.
All in all it was an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Lee T
GrahamPhillips, General Manager at Elstead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear Lee
Thank you for your great comments on this site and for your detailed response. I noted your constructive comments regarding the bed and so I checked it myself. I was very horrified to discover how uncomfortable it was. I immediately arranged for a new bed to be delivered so thank you for letting us know and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

I stay at this hotel regularly and I can say that it is a pleasure to keep returning.

The hotel staff are all really friendly and honestly cannot do enough for you. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and I intend to stay here on every visit to Bournemouth.

I cannot comment on the Spa as I have not personally used this but understand from my colleagues that this is also excellent.

Thank you Elstead you restore my faith in customer service :-).

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Alison H

Dear Alison,
Thank you for taking the time to review our Hotel on Tripadvisor and we are delighted that you choose the Elstead for your regular stays in Bournemouth. We look forward to seeing you back here soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

This was our 5th maybe 6th visit to the Elstead and what a great time we had! We love this hotel. As a family of four, it ticks all our boxes, good value, good food and a great indoor pool/gym for those days when the weather not good enough for the beach. Our kids love staying here! We had a family room which is plenty big enough for the four of us. Room cleaned very well everyday. All the staff are very friendly and helpful and remember us which is really nice. Nothing too much trouble. Would thoroughly recommend. Can't think of anything negative to say except maybe could do with a bit of a re-furb in the the dining room, but this doesn't bother us in anyway, also my kids have just mentioned that quilts would be nice instead of blankets and sheets! But this won't stop up returning very soon!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Paula G

Dear Paula
We are delighted that you have become such good regulars to The Elstead and hope you have many more visits. We have noted your comment about duvets and will be replacing the blankets with duvets in the rooms soon and hope fully they will be in place for your next visit. Thank you for your fantastic review.

Reviewed 13 August 2013

Well what can I say about this gem of a hotel:

Room stunning and out of this world. Staff fantastic and knowledge top class.

Heather and the team helped me arrange a surprise trip for my parents and went above and beyond to make the stay a pleasant one.

I'm going back again in October for my 7th stay and can't wait to return. The journey is a long one for me to make and I get anxious about new places but this hotel feels like a home from home.

I know that when I arrive there will be a friendly smile on the reception desk.

The food is amazing as well and after a hectic day they h

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jim2784

Dear Jim,
Thank you for your great review and we are delighted that you are coming back in October for your seventh stay.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

This was a last minute decision for me to travel to Bournemouth from Glasgow. I flew from Glasgow International to Southampton, flying time 80 minutes. When I came from the airport the train station to Bournemouth was right there and the train came within minutes. A forty minute journey to Bournemouth travel central and a five minute walk to my hotel. Bonus. I was met by Heather at reception who made me feel very welcome and I did appreciate that as a solo traveller. The breakfast was amazing and the single room, although small, met all of my needs. The waiting staff in the restaurant are all exceptionally efficient and attended to all my requests. I only had one disappointment at breakfast and that was the fresh melon had been cut too close to the rind and this put me off. I didn't enjoy chewing on what was a delicious sweet fruit. Perhaps melon balls would be a way to avoid this. The eggs were perfect. The pool and spa area very clean and well air conditioned. The night porters and domestic staff very friendly and accommodating. I respond to these things as a solo traveller as it is important to feel confident and comfortable whilst away from home. I will be making this my annual stop. It is so handy for all around the area and travelling a dawdle

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank LouiseG52013
GrahamPhillips, General Manager at Elstead Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2013

Dear Louise
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is gratifying to know that every aspect of your stay met with your approval and your comments have been passed on to the team, especially Heather. I note that you will be returning to us again and we will ensure that you are given a larger room.
Kind regards