“'Squirrels' (Mason's do!)..Weekend away”
Review of Elstead Hotel

Elstead Hotel
Ranked #19 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Cuffley, United Kingdom
“'Squirrels' (Mason's do!)..Weekend away”
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Excellent Hotel..couldn't fault anything at all..Staff, food and service second to none..can't do enough for you..and the price..well brilliant. Tried to book again for a group in June this year, but couldn't do the dates.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
kent
Reviewed 31 December 2013

I am writing this review sat in the lounge at the Elstead hotel. It may seem an unusual time to write a review when it's New Year's Eve afternoon but we have already been here for 4 nights and I don't need to wait any longer to know what a good choice we made choosing the Elstead hotel. What a lovely relaxing time we have had. Well equipped clean rooms. Wonderful food and what friendly staff who can not do enough for you.

We will definatly be back. Thanks to everyone who has made our stay so good x

Room Tip: We paid the extra to get an executive room which was not a lot of money but a lovely room. I can not...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Holbeach, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 December 2013

Stayed at Elsted Hotel from xmas eve 2013 to Thursday 27 dec 2013. Two rooms booked and both more than satisfactory. Food great and better than last year, hence the weight gain! Won one of the quizzies. Good fun, no excessive noise or loud party goers! Near to shops, 10 mins by car to beach promenade and pier. Good time had by all

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 December 2013

My room was upgraded from a singe to a double for free. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The food was good. It was nice to have a decent size pool, and gym facilities were good. Would recommend

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
London
Reviewed 22 December 2013

Stayed her just after the kids summer holiday mid September and I have to say I am surprised at all the good reviews on this place! My mum originally saw an advert for a special offer offering rooms at £15 per night and suggested us taking our 2 small children, however on trying to book we found that the £15 offer night didn't really seem to exist and my mum (without telling me) booked us two rooms at £140 per room per night. I honestly have no idea how this hotel get away with charging £140 per night, ive stayed in some really luxury boutique hotels in the centre of London for less!

The hotel is in an ok location, but the hotel itself is very very dated, but whilst dated it is very clean and furniture/carpets etc seem quite new. The rooms are a good size but the shower in our bathroom was rubbish and one thing I like is a good powerful shower especially when im paying £140 a night! Another big gripe is the size of the TVs in the room they are teeny tiny and as the rooms are so big when your sat on the bed the TV is way to far away and so small you cant possibly watch anything!

We stayed in the hotel one night for dinner it was 3 courses for £15 and this was good, we enjoyed our meal and the restaurant staff were nice and helpful. Breakfast was ok, good selection but the hot cooked breakfast was only luke warm.

We didn't find the youngish chap on reception very friendly or helpful, he always looked like he had the hump, never smiled and when we asked him for suggestions for dinner he said he didn't know anywhere, then he said "oh yeah there is an Italian place that supposed to be good but I cant remember where it is or the name"

Also on our 2nd night (being a Saturday) at around 8.30pm loud music came on, we called reception many times but no one answered, so I called from an outside line and someone answered, im guessing they were avoiding guests complaints about the music! We were told they had a function on and the music would go off about 11pm, I said "I have 2 babies here trying to sleep and I should have been informed of this when I booked" I was told they would ask for the music to be turned down a little which did happen but it was still disturbing and it was turned off at 11pm but I really thing this hotel should be warning guests when they have a function on before they make their booking.

The pool area is nice and very warm, but the pool water is a little too cold for me, the kids enjoyed it but our 1yr old got too cold and I had to take her out after 10 minutes.

All in we were disappointed for the money we had paid!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Littlehampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 December 2013

I stayed with my husband at this hotel for two nights in November 2013.

We were lucky to be able to check-in around 12:30 and though the young chap on reception was friendly enough we felt he could have been a little more welcoming, he rather just went through the motions, robotic-like. That said, when we spoke to him on subsequent occasions he seemed a little more 'human' (maybe he was re-booted by the manager or something!)

The hotel and room was like, to be fair, going back a few decades but that might be because we are used to more contemporary hotels. Don't let this (or the crickety old stair case!) put you off. Okay, the decor could do with updating, the TV was a little on the small size (which was not important to us as we were out and about for most of us visit) but what you do get is a lovely clean room and a nice-sized bathroom with great facilities such as the swimming pool and spa/sauna, which was really very good. The breakfast, I have to say was *superb* - we had the full English buffet-style all-you-can eat which set us up for both days. We only ate at the restaurant once of an evening and the meal we had was exceptional too - great attentive service from our male waiter on (30-Nov) who did a great job and made us feel like we were at a higher star hotel than what it was!

So, all in all, a great trip, fab location and good value for money this hotel is definitely recommended! Just a few quid spent on the decor would easily give it a full TripAdvisor 5*! :)

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
South Yorkshire
Reviewed 2 December 2013

This hotel's decor is dated but if you accept that the rest of it is fantastic. The staff are really polite and incredibly helpful, I'd informed them that I couldn't eat gluten when booking and even at a friend's party for 60 people they gave me the correct food and had bought in gluten free rolls. The bedroom we had was spotless including the bathroom. The hotel is a ten minute walk into town and the same to the cliff tops. There is free parking and if the car park is full you can park out on the street. We would definitely use this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends