Stayed here previously and the standard remains good. Staff are friendly, the waiting staff especially so.
A few points:-
(1) Bed v comfortable but pillows were a bit sub-standard on this occasion.
(2) Window opened & closed awkwardly (have written to the Management separately).
(3) Shower produced little more than a trickle.
These are things than can easily be fixed so raised for management attention, not complaint.
Breakfast excellent, nothing too much trouble. Made use of the fitness equipment gym & pool, steam room & sauna, all excellent. Some further updating is needed eg. lift is a bit old fashioned and, amusingly, doesn't always obey instructions! Indeed, the whole exterior would benefit from a spruce-up to match the warmth and ambiance of the interior. That said, the hotel does retain a sort of old world charm where courtesy & manners count so if your preference is a slick, ultra modern style this place may not quite float your boat. Location is good - situated in a quite road and a short walk to the front, ample parking albeit tight. Lastly, the security system for accessing the fitness centre is a tad confusing, ie. sign-in book provided [despite electronic key entry] but no requirement to sign out (?) Current policy to issue towels from Reception, along with surrender of room key for the duration, is an unwelcome change.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Lastminute, Hotels.com, Booking.com and SpeedyBooker.com so you can book your Elstead Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Elstead Hotel Bournemouth