“Service with a Smile”
Review of Elstead Hotel

Elstead Hotel
Ranked #20 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Warm welcome at the reception desk that followed during my stay. The hotel was particularly busy the week i was their but that didn't stop the staff from being friendly and helpful. The hotel rooms spotlessly clean and the bedroom also, the ceiling fan kept things cool. The bar as with usual hotels is in my mind a bit pricey but that seems the norm these days, hotel food was also very good from the breakfast buffet, bar menu at lunchtime to the evening a-la-carte selection. The hotel does need a touch up here and there and i was told this will happen at the end of the season, i will return to see how they get on.

Room Tip: I had a room at the back of the hotel albeit facing inwards to the opposite wing however it was larg...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Markw1965

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed here twice now for work - great service - very friendly staff. Good breakfast choice and quality. Free internet, free parking. Cannot think of any thing to fault so full marks. Have not tried the swim pool / health suite

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul G
Reviewed 26 May 2014

really enjoyed our stay here and would definitely recommend! booked 2 nights through lastminute.com but wanted a 3rd which I booked direct with hotel at a discount! friendly helpful staff lovely clean room.
breakfast was plentiful and enjoyable.
our room was roomy and bed comfortable extra pillows in top of wardrobe with blankets plenty of tea and coffee in room.
its quite a walk into town/beach but we didnt mind.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Naomijw
Reviewed 18 May 2014 via mobile

On arrival, the staff were very welcoming. This was nice - very informative too, I didn't need to ask questions.

The hotel is in a beautiful area, away from a busy road. Very scenic. I took lots of photos.

No duvets, just sheets, which I prefer as it feels more hygienic - and makes me feel like I am abroad!

Rooms spotless, decent sized bathroom.

Cannot fault the pool or gym. Very modern equipment! Sauna great - steam room could do with some tender loving care. Jacuzzi is cold though.

20 minute walk from sea front, 15 minute walk to city centre. Great for us as enjoy walking!

Sadly, I didn't get to try the breakfast as we had to leave at 6.30am for work. I have no doubt it would have been great.

Will definitely return!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank TINKYv84
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I and a group of friends stayed for a few nights bed, breakfast and evening meal.at the Elstead Hotel in Bournemouth, Dorset in April. We would certainly return, This a a very relaxing hotel, the staff are very friendly and the food very good indeed and a nice variety also. The bedrooms are well equipped and there is a well stocked bar! It took us 10 minutes to walk to town and the beach is not far either. The parking is excellent and the pool and leisure facilities are well worth trying.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very good as our friends told me.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Watfordprojectman
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I found the staff very friendly and helpful, The room was pleasant, clean and tidy. The room had a fridge which was very useful. The free Wi-Fi was also welcome and there was a table and chairs in the room so I could use my laptop in comfort. Breakfast was fab, I could not find anything wrong with the hotel or the service and the price was excellent.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Anastasia2468
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My family and I stayed at Elstead last weekend. We booked it as a base to leave our things,sleep etc,as we were visiting family just a few minutes drive away. We had a last minute problem before leaving home in Wales to travel and had to book an extra room as our eldest sons plans had fallen through,the staff at Elstead were very understanding and helped us to book another room immediately. We arrived on a very busy bank holiday weekend,parking was a nightmare because there was an event going on,but the staff were wonderfully helpful in every aspect. The rooms were immaculate and the cot provided for our 1year old was beautifully clean. We stayed for two nights and will definitely use the Elstead again when we plan to visit Bournemouth...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family