Hotel Celebrity
US$124
US$96
US$90
Hotels.com
The Cumberland Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$80
Park Central Hotel(Bournemouth)
US$111
  • Beachfront
Ocean Beach Hotel and Spa(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$58
Riviera Hotel & Holiday Apartments(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$90
Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$197
US$86
US$231
US$98
US$102
PremierInn.com
1,331 results
All reviewssherlock holmesdavid bowiequirky hotelhotel inspectorcar parkrefurbished roomself servicefried breadexcellent value for moneybuffet stylesqueaky floorboardsbit datedincluding breakfastwould stay againcooked breakfasttown centrecomfy bed
Reviewed 21 November 2012

Recently refurbished bedroom was very comfortable and bathroom had good power shower. Breakfast was perfectly acceptable and overall I have to give this hotel full marks because you rarely find such good value.
The free parking and close proximity to the town centre and also the pubs, restaurants and clubs in the Lansdowne area is an added bonus.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank WurzelSomerset
Ken R, Owner at Hotel Celebrity, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2012

Thank you for the kind review and trust to see you again. We are still concentrating here on the re-carpeting and installation of the new hotel wide free wifi system, (bit of a delay there as the contractor is waiting for a replacement unit as one was delivered faulty - so we will slip past end November, but once received I gather it will only be a few days before all is up and running).

Reviewed 20 November 2012

Was not expecting much for an online £29 B&B Rate but was very pleasantly surprised. Free parking, Welcoming reception staff, tastefully (newly) decorated room of good quality. Corridors are very dated but appear to be in the process of being re-decorated which will lift the whole place.

Decided that I would try the 2 course dinner offer in the Sherlock Holmes room. The menu has plenty of choice...very much pub/home style rather than gastronomy but something for everyone with an adequate but limited wine list. The Pate was a good sized portion and served with a pleasant Onion Marmalade and sundried tomatoes. The Main course of Steak and Mushroom Pie with potatoes and seasonal vegetables (Fresh Baby carrots and Cabbage) was also a large portion....The pie was ok, a little light on Mushroom - (3 small pieces in my pie) but with a well flavoured gravy and plenty of steak ,the cabbage was cold, and the 'Roast' new potatoes appear to have been deep fried and were still quite hard but overall it was an edible meal.
I had to drive to meet friends so was pleased on my return to find the residents bar still available at 1.00am for a quick nightcap. 10% discount for residents was a very nice bonus!
Breakfast was standard B & B fayre: Bacon and Sausages appear to have been cooked in one batch early on and were looking (and tasting) more than a little 'tired' when I ate breakfast at 08:45 and it would have been nice to see scrambled eggs available as an alternative to the rubbery fried eggs .I guess the chef has not heard of batch cooking. Otherwise not too bad a breakfast. Strangely the coffee is served in Airpots (my pet hate) which were housed on a filter machine???....it seems ludicrous to have the machine and not serve good filter coffee, especially when the hotel is relatively quiet.

Anyway if you're looking for a good value place to stay I would recommend it. I stayed on a Monday night and the hotel was quiet, the Hotel has 4? seperate function rooms and advises guests of potential noise at weekends....I would Defiately book This hotel again for my next trip on business.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business

Thank you for your kind review......I have noted the comments re the food. There is no excuse for serving cold food, (cabbage), and the breakfast chef on a quiet day should be cooking off small quantities not front loaded cooking. Thanks for bringing this to my attention...someone will get a warning as we need to provide the best hotel food in the area if we are to maintain our high tripadvisor score.

Reviewed 19 November 2012

I travel once a year to Bournemouth. Its a great location by close by the beach and the centere. The room was nice with very comfortable bed. I liked very much that it a has coffee-thee facility! - all hotels should have this. The breakfast was very good. I would recommend this hotel definitely for any type of traveller for the price I have paid.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo

thank you for your kind review. Trust to see you next year !!

Reviewed 14 November 2012

This was my 3rd stay - brilliant value for weekday visits.A family run hotel with friendly staff, quality breakfasts and a lovely restaurant with excellent service and very good food at reasonable prices.The hotel has had considerable refurbishment of the public areas and can only get better as work is ongoing.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Ken R, Owner at Hotel Celebrity, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2012

Thank you for your very kind review.

We are progressing upstairs now with the new carpets on corridors and landings. We are taking advantage of this by also placing sound insulation material under the floorboards and screwing back the floorboards - stops the 'creaky' sound of old floorboards. So far we have completed the second floor and are starting the upper stairs next, then the first floor and down to the ground. Because of the time consuming task of taking up the floorboards we reckon it will be Xmas before we finish. However better news on the hotel wide wifi, (currently only on ground floor), we are expecting the contractor to finish this installation by the end of November. I know this will make a considerable difference for clients who need to work on laptops etc. during the evening. We do not charge for parking or for wifi. I am pleased that in this group of 7 hotels in this road we remain the highest rated by clients, (by an increasing margin). Hope to see you again.

Reviewed 14 November 2012

Stayed here for the night a few weeks back and was really pleased with all aspects of the hotel. Friendly staff, lovely big and clean room,with comfortable bed. Added bonus of free parking and a really good breakfast. Good location for central Bournemouth. Would recommend, infact going back this weekend for a night at the on site Rubyz.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for a kind review and to say ou are coming back this weekend. Rubyz has a great show which draws its audience mostly from the local area.