I usually stay at the Queens Hotel, however they were full this week (18th-22nd Nov), so I decided to try the Hotel Celebrity. I always rate hotels on what I paid, expected, and received. I paid £30 (single occupant) a night, expected a clean no-thrills room and received a room that was spotless, a comfortable bed and there was a working shower (that had pressure, a rarity in some Bournemouth hotels).
The staff were friendly and helpful, the breakfast was lovely and the location is great for a stroll along the beach to the Pier or a short walk into town. Kudos to the management also for including bottled shower gel/hand wash and not handing out those daily sachets that most hotels around the area use.
Some personal recommendations to staff/management (hopefully you do not mind some good-hearted criticism):
* Ask customers if they'd like to pre-authorise a room service amount when checking in.
* When checking out, inform the customer how much their room service bill comes to. I had to ask about this and was not informed.
* I know you're not advertising yourself as a business hotel, but a computer chair would be useful.
* There was not a 'do not disturb' sign in the room (or I missed it). I'm guessing these are at reception, however it would be better to ensure all rooms have them.
Thank you, I'm sure I'll be back again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a tree lined avenue on the East Cliff, just one road back from the sea, the Hotel Celebrity is a family owned and operated hotel that prides itself on friendly and fully trained staff dedicated to spoil you and cater for your requirements, making your stay a memorable one!!!The Head Chef and his brigade have successfully gained an outstanding reputation for providing traditional “home cooked” food. Alternatively, our vibrant Lounge-Bar, with its stylish celebrity-themed décor, is the ideal place to enjoy tasty food and drinks that uplift your spirit without emptying your pockets!!! Each morning, all guests can partake of our complimentary “all you can eat” buffet breakfast (freshly-cooked traditional Full English, fruits, cereals and plenty of coffee to set you up for the day. The Hotel’s comfortable en-suite bedrooms, with their new mattresses and 32” flat screen TVs, offer very good value for money to guests on a budget seeking 3 star accommodation. We offer free off-road parking facilities and complimentary Wi-Fi. Superb location, just a ten minute walk from the main bus/coach and railway station, Hotel Celebrity is just a short stroll from Bournemouth sandy beaches, town, Pavilion Theatre and BIC. Whether you are on your own, you’re a family, in a party, on holiday or “down for business”, you can always be sure you will have a warm welcome and a lower priced 3 star accommodation as, we believe, great value for money beats a high price!!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Hotel Celebrity reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Quality Inn Bournemouth
- Bournemouth Quality Inn