“Home from home”

Ranked #29 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“Home from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 November 2013

I have stayed here many times now and it just gets better and better. The staff are so friendly and always smiling. The breakfast is great and the rooms are comfortable. Add to that the interesting themes and many pictures which are always a talking point and a reason to explore the hotel. Cant wait to get back to my home from home.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely but if you have a favorite celebrity ask if they the room its great fun lol.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank floosey62
Dear floosey62,
THANK YOU very much for your lovely review!
It is always a pleasure welcoming you again to Hotel Celebrity and we are very happy to know you loved our decor and all the changes that took place in the last few months!
Smiling, friendly staff, comfortable rooms and great breakfast are always good reasons to come back to us and we are happy to know we keep up the good work and don't disappoint you.
To keep having fun, book direct and chose your celebrity, so many to chose from, it could be Tom Cruise, Kylie Minogue, Johnny Depp, Rihanna and many,many more! Check our official website for full list of Celebrity Rooms!
We all look forward to your next visit home from home!
Best wishes,
(Hotel Manager)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
Windsor, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

Pulled up at the place and we all looked concerned. Luckily once settled we realised it was a good find. Nice friendly staff. Rooms were adequate and the best bit. It was only 5mins from town. Good reasonable find

Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank James M
Ken R, Owner at Hotel Celebrity, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you James M for your review!
We are glad to know you had a pleasant stay and we hope to welcome you again when you are next in Bournemouth.
Kind regards,
Coventry
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 November 2013

This hotel is certainly celebrity themed with pictures on every wall of celebrities, including all the bedrooms! The owners are certainly doing their best to make the hotel different, and even provide information on the history of the building which was once owned by Tony Hancocks parents. They also say they are in the process of refurbishing the hotel and the ground floor communal areas were very spacious and pleasant.

The twin bedroom we had was on the second floor and was in need of some refurbishment. Although very clean, the wallpaper was a bit tatty & the walls had lots of old screw holes, some roughly filled with polyfilla. The mattresses were not the best but having said that we did have 3 good nights sleep. The linen and towels were nice and the bathroom had been refurbished, being quite spacious with modern fittings, a good shower cubicle and powerful shower.

Breakfast was self service with fruit juices, tinned fruit, cereals, toast and a cooked selection which could have been hotter.

The hotel is located in a quiet road and within easy walking distance to the town and beach.

This is a no frills hotel which I would recommend but do check prices. We looked on the hotel website and there were no vacancies so booked with Booking.com and thought we had a good deal. On arrival the hotel was not full & was advertising walk in rates £10 per night cheaper than we paid, and in their own info, guarantee lower prices when booking direct with the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a refurbished room.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank HazydaysCoventry
Ken R, Owner at Hotel Celebrity, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you HazydaysCoventry for your review, it is very appreciated!
It's great to know you found us quirky and enjoyed the celebrity themed decor that makes our Hotel unique and different from all the other two hundred hotels in Bournemouth.
We have now finished with the maintenance works needed for our Celebrity theme and will concentrate in upgrading our standard rooms, which can be really challenging when the Hotel is busy.
The website you checked when wanted to book direct with us was not the Hotel's official Website but a booking agency that sets up webpages that pretend to be the Hotel's own website. We have no connection whatsoever with this agency and we are doing what we can to get them closed. It is very frustrating to know they still mislead our future guests, we do hope it will all be over very soon. Booking direct with the Hotel is always the only way to get the cheapest deals and discount vouchers for all drinks. At the moment you can book direct only by calling us, but we will have the BOOK NOW option on our official website by the end of the year!
We hope to welcoming you again soon.
Many thanks from all the Staff at Hotel Celebrity!
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

I stayed here for one night with my wife, but wish I could have stayed longer. We stayed in a room with lots of Michael Jackson pictures on the walls! The room was a good size with very comfortable beds. There was a 32" flat screen TV and tea/coffee making facillities. The room was clean and decorated to a very good standard. The bathroom was modern and functional. The celebrity theme continued along the hall ways with lots of pictures of well known actors, actresses and singers. The Hotel has a restaurant and a bar. The self service breakfast was a full English with a wide range of choices available. The Hotel has a lot of character and makes a comfortable and interesting stay. The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DaveSenior
Dear DaveSenior,
Many thanks for your kind comments, they really mean a lot to all the staff at Hotel Celebrity.
We are glad to know you had an enjoyable stay with us and liked our celebrity themed decor that makes our hotel unique and full of character.
Check out our official website to see all the Celebrity Rooms available, so if you fancy a change from Michael Jackson and prefer Tina Turner, Cher, Madonna, The Beatles, The Rolling Stones etc. etc. give us a call and it will be a real pleasure to accommodate your request.
Kind regards,
South West UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Had a weekend off work, and booked two nights at the Celebrity after getting an email from Booking.com. I was in the "JRR Tolkien Room", which had wonderful Lord of the Rings prints and a map of Middle Earth on the walls; my room was spotlessly clean, had a superbly comfortable bed along with tea/coffee facilities and an en suite with a bath AND a shower. Staff at the hotel were really friendly and helpful. The entire place is decorated in a "celebrity" theme, which makes this a great choice for film buffs and families alike. Breakfast was a help yourself buffet with a huge variety of choices, and was absolutely delicious; the only thing I would suggest would be to put out a second toaster, because it's a bit of a pain when you get stuck in a queue behind someone who's making enough toast to feed the entire population of Bournemouth! I had booked an evening meal on the night I arrived rather than eat out after a long day at work, but decided to book one for my second night as well; the food is all home made and completely wonderful - especially the profiteroles, so make sure you leave room for pudding! And what did I pay for my stay? Just over thirty pounds a night, which I think was absolutely fabulous value. Oh, and the hotel has free Wi-Fi as well - so if a hotel charging thirty quid a night can provide this, it proves that it's a matter of sheer greed for pricey London hotels to make their guests pay extra. I can't fault the Celebrity in any way, and I will definitely be going back there - as well as recommending it to my friends.

Room Tip: If you're travelling alone, see if the Tolkien Room is available - I loved it!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank blackdahlia
Ken R, Owner at Hotel Celebrity, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you very much Balckdalhlia for your lovely review!
We are all so pleased to know you were very happy with your stay and found the Hotel to offer "fabulous value". It's great to know you had a "superbly comfortable bed", this means a lot to us....your room was refurbished after the comments of some of our guests who were disappointed with the quality of its bed and layout (see a fair review from Hanster707 on the 24th of June)
Your feed-back is ever so rewarding as it proves the hard work and constant improvements are appreciated and, for our business, it is vital to listen to what our guests want and suggest....and great when so many guests love the hotel, its unique style, staff, food and they make it their home away from home!
Thank you very much again for your glowing review....we all look forward to welcoming you again soon!
(Hotel Manager)
PS: Our profiteroles are rrrrrrreally lovely...especially with extra chocolate sauce and ice cream on the side :-)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2013

I usually stay at the Queens Hotel, however they were full this week (18th-22nd Nov), so I decided to try the Hotel Celebrity. I always rate hotels on what I paid, expected, and received. I paid £30 (single occupant) a night, expected a clean no-thrills room and received a room that was spotless, a comfortable bed and there was a working shower (that had pressure, a rarity in some Bournemouth hotels).

The staff were friendly and helpful, the breakfast was lovely and the location is great for a stroll along the beach to the Pier or a short walk into town. Kudos to the management also for including bottled shower gel/hand wash and not handing out those daily sachets that most hotels around the area use.

Some personal recommendations to staff/management (hopefully you do not mind some good-hearted criticism):
* Ask customers if they'd like to pre-authorise a room service amount when checking in.
* When checking out, inform the customer how much their room service bill comes to. I had to ask about this and was not informed.
* I know you're not advertising yourself as a business hotel, but a computer chair would be useful.
* There was not a 'do not disturb' sign in the room (or I missed it). I'm guessing these are at reception, however it would be better to ensure all rooms have them.

Thank you, I'm sure I'll be back again soon.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank LukeJS
Ken R, Owner at Hotel Celebrity, responded to this review, 24 November 2013
Dear Luke JS,
A heartfelt thank you for your feed-back, kind and useful at the same time!
We are very pleased to know you had an enjoyable stay, found our hotel lovely, clean and comfortable and we all look forward to welcoming you again soon!
We welcome all constructive criticism and your comments have been passed on to our friendly reception staff who will make sure all guests are asked if they wish for their card to be pre-authorised. The "Do not disturb sign" should be in every room (sorry if it was missing in yours).
For your next visit, call us direct on 01202 316316 and Ewa and her team will be very happy to offer you the cheapest rate on the day and do their very best to allocate you in the same room...or perhaps you wish to pick the celebrity themed room you prefer?
Lisburn
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

We arrived late on Monday 18th November 13 . We had to wait for at least 10 minutes to get booked in. The lady was not the friendliest as she was under pressure and told us our bill was going to be £102 for our 3 nights which was an improvement on booking .com who quoted us £153 , but still more than the 32.50 per night advertised at the front gate. We went to our room the Jim Carry room 104 ,don't take it or the room above it as every floor board in the bedroom and the bathroom squeaked loudly.
The room was tropical and required the windows to be opened if you wanted to get a night's sleep thus I'm returning home with a rotten cold.
My wife and I are on the heavy side so the bed is probably not their fault but it was like sleeping in a water bed as the mattress was so soft and every move could be felt.
The view from the window of 104 is of a derelict hotel and a container with old lengths of wood right outside the window.
On the plus side it is clean and the staff are very friendly
The food is good and the breakfast excellent.
The location is good and handy to town , parking is chaotic.
I have read around 20pages of reviews and know that I will be told I should contact the hotel to get the best rate that's fine lesson learnt , but I also repeatedly saw comments about upgrading to a refurbed room for £10 per night ,we were paying £18.50 per night more than the gate price but had a clean crappy room at a premium price I did try to negotiate when leaving but got brushed off.
You get what you paid for but we did not.
Ian Johnston

Room Tip: Contact hotel for best rate avoid room 104
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Jonty32
Dear Mr Johnston,
Thank you for your feed-back.
I'm very pleased to know you found the hotel clean, with very friendly staff, good food and excellent breakfast, thank you again for your kind comments.
I'm sorry to hear you didn't have a good night sleep due to the "tropical" temperature or your room, our radiators are manually adjustable, our heating system is not constantly on so that rooms are not overheated, one degree less and you could have had the opposite problem and found your bedroom "arctic"?!
Your review is particularly appreciated as it gives me the chance to clarify a few issues that may lead to confusion. The price displayed at the front entrance refers to our budget rooms, that being smaller than our standard rooms, are our last let. This discounted price is offered only for these rooms, before they undergo a full refurbishment and change in layout and, by no means, makes your rate a "premium price". You had an amazing deal of £17 per person per night, included an all you can eat breakfast that you described excellent, free car park (sorry it was busy), free unlimited Wi Fi...calling it expensive is somehow unrealistic and unfair.
If you were allocated to a budget room for the price of £32.50 per night, as advertised at the front gate, you would have saved 75p per person per night...if this saving, in your opinion, would make your experience a better value for money....please, give us a call and we would be pleased to arrange that for you for your next stay, alternatively you can carry on taking advantage of our amazing deals for our standard rooms by calling direct and it would be a real pleasure to make sure you are given a room with a firmer mattress and a radiator to its minimum setting. Please, accept the most heartfelt apologies from me and our lovely receptionist who is very sorry to hear you didn't find her very friendly.
We all hope to welcome you again in the near future.