Hotel Celebrity
US$45
Ocean Beach Hotel and Spa(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$80
US$51
Elstead Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$98
The Suncliff Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$53
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Ramada Encore Bournemouth(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$89
US$93
US$84
Riviera Hotel & Holiday Apartments(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$70
Hallmark Hotel Bournemouth East Cliff(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$77
US$75
Priceline
Chine Hotel(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$94
Orbitz.com
Best Western Hotel Royale(Bournemouth)(Great Value!)
US$68
Priceline
1,316 results
All reviewssherlock holmesdavid bowiequirky hotelhotel inspectorcar parkrefurbished roomself servicefried breadexcellent value for moneybuffet stylesqueaky floorboardsbit datedincluding breakfastwould stay againcooked breakfasttown centrecomfy bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We selected this hotel as it said it was pet friendly, nowhere until you have booked did it say they charge £15 a night for your pet. Our dog is a Toy Poodle, she doesn't moult hairs, she doesn't smell, she has her own food and bed, and she only weighs 4 1/2 kilos, so I asked why £15 a night. The receptionist(s) who are not pet friendly,told me the room has to be sanitised , if we had known about the charge, we would have selected another hotel. Then we found out that they don't cater, or are not even interested if you suffer from an intolerance to Gluten. My wife is a registered UK Coeliac, again we didn't find out until we had booked and paid in full, our mistake you say, but all modern hotels offer some gluten free bread, rolls even scones or cakes but not the Celebrity, so we had to take our own bread and buy snacks, I will be mentioning this warning to other GF Sufferers, on my website www.glutenfree-crawley.org.uk.
The hotel was OK, not really for guests on holiday, it is more for business men, blue collar workers/van drivers. The room was OK, lots of water noises from other rooms, nice bathroom but no grab rails to get in or out of the bath, no shelves to place your stuff on, great tiling but not finished at the floor level, it needed a small wooden skirting strip, the toilet seat squeaked like hell!. Had to have the mattresses changed as they had collapsed, receptionist not happy about us requesting this. Breakfast was great but in the evening the Sherlock Holmes restaurant, although a lovely setting, was empty and the service was poor, sometimes we waited 30/45 minutes to get a main course and not cheap, the wines also are expensive.
Would we stay there again it has to be NO!.
The hotel price is acceptable, but then they charge for pets and expensive dining.
During our 4 night stay we never saw the owners, so we could not discuss our comments with them.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank dodie_don
Ken R, General Manager at Hotel Celebrity, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2014

Dear dodie_don,
You state we are not interested if you are Celiac….we do our very best to accommodate any dietary requirements and I thought we managed to impress you as you had dinner with us every night, and every night the food was voraciously devoured. A 2 course meal for £14.50 included a hot drink and a glass of wine – described by you as very expensive dining!!!
We welcome all dogs in our bar and we love all pets: that’s why we have a few regulars who come with their furry friends to have dinner with us.
We had a few hotel guests coming to Reception to express their outrage at your very loud, indelicate behaviour in the restaurant and two of them actually asked, very politely, to have their dinner in our lounge-bar, so not to have to listen to you, which we arranged very discretely.
The morning after you asked for the mattresses to be changed immediately as they collapsed, mattresses do not collapse, YET…we love a challenge…and we managed to get them both changed in less than 20 minutes.
For all pets we charge £15 for the first two nights only and they stay free for the rest of the week, this charge is necessary as we make sure the rooms are professionally sanitised.
What makes your review intriguing, is that, when leaving the Hotel, in tune with the rudeness that characterised your persona, you mentioned you were so disappointed you were not able to stay in your favourite Hotel in Bournemouth because it was fully booked and that, being a four star, it was more in tune with your requirements.
So we read your review of what you named as your favourite 4 star hotel with a sense of déjà vu “Terrible” and “Wouldn't stay there again!!!” and “they ran out of gluten free bread, the Chef had hidden it” and “our very small Toy Poodle was not allowed in the bar”.
May we suggest that, unless you change your attitude, you will run out of places which will accept a booking from you.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We booked our stay at this hotel via booking.com so only £54 per night which is a fantastic budget for the night. The names on the doors are humor and funny. The room was just right for us. Downside was it was so hot in there and the bathroom is a little cramped but its ok for a couple night stay.
I found that the matress was soft and I slept like a log. My partner found it was too springy but you cant win both ways.
breakfast was okay. It tasted like the bacon was cooked in the microwave but everything else tasted lovely.
I had a glass of apple juice but the glass was not washed out properly as it had sour milk at the bottom still. I told the staff and told someone in the kitchen about it.
This hotel is okay if you want a 1 night or a weekend away.

Room Tip: If you want it cheaper look on booking.com or similar as you will then get the hotel cheaper like we did at £54 for the night
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear clairec82,
Thank you very much for your feed-back!
I'm glad you had an overall enjoyable experience with us!
I'm sorry to hear the bacon was not to your liking and that the glass was not cleaned, the waiting staff have informed me we had a problem with our glass washer, I'm really sorry we did not spot it in time. The problem has now been sorted!
We are now re-adjusting the heating times...the weather has been a bit unpredictable lately and we have noticed quite a few comments on this subject, thank you for this as it helps us to identify what we can do for our guests' comfort!!!
We are happy you can see the humourous, funny aspect of the Celebrity theming and we hope to welcome you again soon.
We do offer crazy bargains that give you great value for money....to get the best, book direct on 01202 316316, we will give you the cheapest rate, you can choose the celebrity room you prefer and we will give you a 20% card for all drinks purchased during your stay, to get even better value for your stay!!!
Thank you again for your fair comments,

Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed on the 4th and 5th April to attend a friends wedding in an other hotel.
First impressions outside looks a bit unwelcoming but at the reception we were welcomed and directed to our room. The celebrity consists of two levels with a lift.
On our way to our room I noticed a water cooler which I thought was brilliant as I'm always buying water for when I stay in hotels. It was entertaining seeing all the different celebrity room names on the way to our room. The corridors felt large and spacious it was warm and inviting. We were in the rolling stones room and it was a lovely room with a very large wardrobe with shelves, The dresser had brilliant storage space too. The bathroom was large but the taps were hard to turn off once on, the bed was very comfy. The room and bathroom does need modifying but it was a lovely room and clean, which is the most important.
The breakfast was lovely. My friend was feeling unwell and I asked would it be possible to bring something upstairs and the gentleman in charge was more than happy to help.
The only thing that I would say is when I asked for an iron. I was asked to pick it up from reception, I had just got out of the shower so I was not going to go downstairs. I think that should be mentioned on arrival that if an iron is needed you would need to come to the reception as that way the guest is aware before they get into the shower like I did.

Would I stay here again...yes I would and I have recommended it too.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Kim W, thank you for your lovely review, it is very important to us!!!
We are all very glad you appreciated the entertaining value of our quirky theming and happy to know your room was lovely and clean despite the fact that an updating is needed, we are now upgrading our rooms, it does take time, and now that we are very busy, we have no other choice than slowing down in our refurbishment process.
Thank you for your comments about breakfast and Sam, he's always happy to help and he's very grateful for your appreciation.
With regards to our irons being collected at reception, it is stated on the booking slip, together with our useful information, but you are right, saying it will be more helpful, we take that on board, THANK YOU!!!!!
We are thrilled to welcome you again in the near future, call us direct on 01202 316316 and we will do our very best to allocate you into a refurbished room, and get 20% off all your drinks!!!
Many thanks again,

Reviewed 9 April 2014

i found this hotel on the web and it looked different to the norm and i must say, from checking i found all the staff and service to be spot on the food on the restaurant was excellent as was the breakfast this hotel made me and my wife very wecome the hotel has themed rooms named after celebritys with is defferent from travel lodges and premier inns (boring ) this is A 3 star hotel and certainly good value for money with a great breakfast included big thanks to sammy and all the other staff whos names i can not remember (drink ) i would recommend this hotel to friends and hope to return one day

Room Tip: ask for room with view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you very much Gordon E for your lovely review!!!
We are very happy you felt welcome in our place, it is definitely different from all the Hotel in Bournemouth and we are glad you had an enjoyable experience, with good service and excellent homemade food!
A big thank you from all the Staff and from Sam, of course, who is always happy to assist with a smile!!!
We all look forward to welcoming you again for your next visit in Bournemouth!

Reviewed 5 April 2014

Looks abit run down from the outside but is decorated well inside. Booked one of the 2 accessible rooms which was easy to get around in my wheelchair. Had a fairly large bathroom but the only negative I would say was the size of the shower - not enough room for me once I was say down in it. Staff very helpful and friendly, beds comfortable and room clean. Would stay here again!

If you are looking for a good budget hotel which offers great VFM this is it. Why do some people book budget then think they have the right to moan!!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Kermit-le-dog,
Thank you for your lovely comments, they really mean a lot to all of us at Hotel Celebrity!
We are aware the outside of the Hotel is not a reflection of the nice, warm and welcoming inside and we will definitely redecorate it during the summer season, so it will dry nicely....and our maintenance team can sunbathe while working :-) :-)
I'm sorry the Shower was not as specious as you liked it to be and we appreciate all the lovely comments of your review!
We all look forward to welcoming you again in the future for another "great short stay"!