“Excellent Value for Money”
Review of Hotel Celebrity

Hotel Celebrity
Ranked #29 of 66 Hotels in Bournemouth
London, United Kingdom
“Excellent Value for Money”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I make monthly business trips to Bournemouth, and always stay at the Hotel Celebrity. The staff are unfailingly courteous and my room is always spotlessly clean and well appointed. Breakfast is always excellent with a good selection of cooked and cold options. I can't understand some of the bad reviews on here and can only imagine that these people are expecting a Rolls Royce for the price of a Ford Ka!.
My only negative point is that sometimes I am unable to park in the car park, but this is presumably because the hotel is so popular that it is full!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Great value for money. Fun and original decoration. Our bed and room were massive. Dog friendly. Great breakfast and fantastic restaurant with an amazing 3 course meal deal( incredible food for the price). There's even a hotel ghost! ;) We'll be back for sure!

• Stayed April 2014
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 April 2014

We recently held my sister's 30th birthday party at Hotel Celebrity. The staff were very friendly & helpful & helped make the night a very special night. We couldn't have asked for more. Brilliant value for money. A big thank you to all involved.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank alana7777
Swindon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

My husband and I stayed for one night and had a lovely stay.
The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was excellent.
Our room was immaculate, very clean and had a lovely comfortable bed.
Having stayed in many hotels for weekends away in Bournemouth we found the Hotel Celebrity to be by far the best will definitely be returning.
Many thanks.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 609clare2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014

My husband and I decided booked a last minute break to Bournemouth for us and our young sons. Due to it being the Easter holiday break we struggled to find anywhere to stay.
Hotel Celebrity was one of the few places that had availability.
From the outside I was very worried as it appeared rather run down. However I was totally surprised that once inside the hotel was clean and well decorated - once you got used to all the pictures of celebrities.
Our room was massive! Very comfy beds, great bathroom with a lovely bath, huge telly, tea and coffee making facilities and absolutely spotless. It was also quiet at night which was another of my concerns. I must admit it was the best nights sleep we've had in ages.
Plus it was just a few minutes walk from the beachfront. Perfect.
The breakfast was fairly simple, but it did the trick. Overall very good value for money, I'd definitely stay here again if we decided to pop down for another short beach break.
Thank you!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank stockwellondon
South West UK
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Spent a weekend here in November, and enjoyed it so much that I booked a five night stay during my Easter break from work. I leave Bournemouth tomorrow morning, and once again, I can honestly say that I haven't been able to fault the Celebrity in any way. I was given the JRR Tolkien room again, which had every facility I could have possibly wanted; a small problem with the shower, which I reported after breakfast one day, had been sorted out by the time I returned to the hotel that afternoon. The food was just as good as it was during my last visit, especially the profiteroles - and because I had booked directly with the hotel this time, I was given a voucher for 20% off all drinks at the bar, which was very handy! But what makes this such a great place to stay is its staff, who are the most friendly and helpful bunch of people I've ever found at a hotel; some of them may not have perfect English, but nothing is too much trouble for them. And the hotel is five minutes' walk from the beach - what more could you want? Book a stay here, you won't be sorry.

PS: In case you're worried about noise from stag groups, I've never encountered trouble with this. The only disturbance I've had was the inconsiderate family on my floor who let their kids run shrieking down the hall at quarter to seven one morning when I (and probably most of the other guests) were still trying to sleep, but there's nothing the hotel can do about that - I'll just bring earplugs next time!

Room Tip: If you're on your own, ask for room 102 - I loved it on both visits!