“Random hotel with good location”
Review of Hotel Celebrity

Hotel Celebrity
Ranked #28 of 67 Hotels in Bournemouth
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I'm quite easy to please but I personally do not understand the excellent reviews on this hotel.

On arrival I found the hotel resembling a basic looking holiday lodge but once inside the hotel is pleasant with pictures of celebrity's with a friendly reception. Me & my family stayed in the Madonna room number 123 which I found very basic - old style bathroom With dirty stained blue carpet but it was fine for a one nights stay!

If you like your sleep I wouldn't recommend this room as it's just one floor up right above the hotels bar so we found it very noisy with drinkers in the garden shouting that we had to complain to reception , I am very surprised that the hotel would allocate this room to families with small Children but hey ho.

Breakfast in the morning is basic and not the nicest but there is a adequate choice with a fry up , cereals with a choice of juices and hot beverages!

I would recommend this hotel
Purely for its location as it's only a ten minute walk into the town centre and not far from the seafront but myself personally I would not stay here again especially for the price of £85 which I found quite high for not the greatest experiences!

Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Emajk
Write a ReviewReviews (1,264)

Reviewed 2 June 2014

we were given the tommy cooper room which pleased my husband. we had one night at the hotel and have no complaints. slept well, facilities very clean. breakfast was adequate and staff helpful. bit pricey for one nights stay but not disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 1 June 2014

After reading various reviews on this hotel I was abit hesitant about going, but as I had already booked we had no choice.When we arrived we were given our keys to one of the celebrity themed rooms.The room was spacious and clean with good facilities. The hotel itself doesn't look to inviting from the outside, but was clean and tidy inside.The staff seemed mostly of eastern european decent.i should imagine the hotel must get very busy in summer with younger people.overall a pleasant stay for the price we paid which included a full english breakfast with cereals toast and various other fruits and juices.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We had a very enjoyable stay over the recent Bank Holiday, the staff were very welcoming and friendly.Our room was perfectly adequate for our needs and kept spotlessly clean - as was the hotel in general.The cooked breakfast items were of a high quality and were continually being replenished. Dinner was a very pleasant experience-good food, good service, and good value.The hotel is conveniently situated for the town centre and the seafront - we would definitely return.

Room Tip: Enquire if there is a function during your stay -our room overlooked the main carpark which became q...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Honestly you can't really fault this hotel for £45 per night including breakfast.
It's exceptionally clean with everything you need in the room.
Obviously it's not Claridges but neither is the price.
The rooms are all named and themed after a 'celebrity' and you will honestly find yourself passing all the named rooms and wondering if you're going to be sleeping in 'a good one!'
Well worth the money.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Well where do I start?
From the moment I set my eyes on this butlinesque building I thought to myself OMG!

On entering, the interior hits you like a brick. As I walked up the stairway to the second floor the first celebrity picture I was greeted with a giant pictures of Thomas the tank engine and other children's cartoons, very quirky.

I was down to attend the rugby sevens with several others and was sharing a room with three other men! So it was a tad cramped, not their fault but for £200 a night for the room it was a bit excessive!

Throughout out three night stay out room wasn't cleaned once, There was a distinctive manliness aroma about the room from the second day on!
Cleaned once would of been nice with clean towels!!!!

The shower room was terrible and the 1960's taps worked like they should do with 1800's plumbing!

One of the men in the room had two science degrees, and he declared it impossible to get a showerable temperature from the shower!!!
Hence the smell after two days!

Staff were generally good and helpful.
Tony the night duty was always good banter and I would go back to see him!

Breakfast in the morning was buffet and it was a fine talent to reach it at a point where all the items were available! It was edible but nothing amazing!

We had an issue where they gave our key to someone else? We had no key for two nights meaning we had to be let in every time!! As far as we know the key was never recovered!!! Not very secure

Honestly this place is so random I cannot put it into words!!

Oh and don't go to the desk and tell then your celebrity room name as they haven't a clue as rely on the numbers still!

RANDOM!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Toytank
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed in a family room last night. We were met by very helpful reception staff and our room although a bit dated was very clean and comfortable. Do not be put off by the exterior of this hotel. Inside the main reception rooms, bar etc are all modern and look good. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family